Svof

Comments

• I can confirm what Tolan said. Get same "error" from gripping, but grips fine.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • So I have Dwinnu turned on in vconfig for Bard. When I get webbed/roped, it does not Dwinnu. No errors are in my error console, though, showing why it is not using Dwinnu. Where should I start to fix this?
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Shroud is a known issue. Unsure what deladan did to get his.

@Israyhl 'vshow server'  and make sure dwinnu is ticked there.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Thanks @Ahmet, works like a charm!

Next question: I'm attempting to use the enchanter to do batch jobs on enchanting scrolls.

When I attempt to do ENCHANT <#> scroll <enchantname> or ENCHANT <#> scroll1234 <enchantname>, it tells me:

(svof): You don't seem to have 'scroll151475' in your inventory. Skipping.

Now, if I enchant a SINGLE scroll (ex. enchant scroll waterwalking) it works just fine and enchants one scroll. If I enchant using JUST the ID of the scroll (ex. enchant 5 1234 waterwalking) it never stops, it just keeps going endlessly. 

Help? :(
  • For multiple of one item, the syntax is just the ID. But what is "not stopping"? You can't enchant batches at one time (meteors being the exception), so it will enchant 5 tines one scroll.
  • Can we do anything to help fix the NameDB problem with the QWC display? Testing stuff or something?
  • @Magenta as long as no details are known about the failure and nobody actively works on that defect, there's not much to do but digging through the code yourself. Sorry.
  • edited August 2016
    Keneanung said:
    For multiple of one item, the syntax is just the ID. But what is "not stopping"? You can't enchant batches at one time (meteors being the exception), so it will enchant 5 tines one scroll.
    When I used this syntax from the SVOF documentation (enchant 3 45123 magic) - it went beyond the number of specified scrolls to enchant. I told the enchanter to enchant 5 scrolls - it was on number 8 by time I canceled the enchant order. 

Edit - the exact syntax used was, "Enchant 5 45123 magic" with the 45123 being the ID of a scroll in my inventory.
  • I've asked on svof clan a few times and tried to work it out myself, but I can't get it done.

Does anyone know a way to only use herbs and salves if you are off tree balance?

Making a custom tree scenario that trees if you have 1 aff just makes it eat herb/touch tree to cure one affliction.

Basically I have a permanent tree tattoo (and shrugging when I'm in serpent) that I'd like to use while I'm bashing before I apply a salve or eat an herb to cure.

• There's not a way to stop using herbs or salves entirely, as far as I know (it wasn't in the past but it's possible it's been changed), so you'd have to set all of those afflictions to ignored when you get tree balance and take them off ignore when you lose tree balance (plus a check for whether you're bashing, however you want to do that...). You can set up event handlers for "svo got bal" and "svo lost bal" (I think those are the right event names, check the docs) to determine when you gain and lose a balance, the second argument should be the name of the balance itself I think. From memory, something like this for the event handler:

function gotOrLostBalance(event, balance)
        if balance == "tree" then
            if event == "svo got bal" then
                 -- set all herb and salve affs to ignore, easiest way would be to create a table (if there isn't one you can use already) listing them all and iterate over it
            else
                -- take all herb and salve affs off ignore
            end
        end
    end

registerAnonymousEventHandler("svo got bal", "gotOrLostBalance")
    registerAnonymousEventHandler("svo lost bal", "gotOrLostBalance")

• I was hoping to avoid that, but thank you for the confirmation and example! 

• Not sure if it would work, but another option might be to set Svo to think it doesn't have herb and salve balance when you gain tree balance in your bashing mode, and set it to think it does have them when you lose tree balance. I don't know if Svo provides functions to manually set balances or if just directly updating svo.bals would be sufficient. Only issue would be if you use tree while off herb or salve balance, then it would set it to have that balance when it sees the line for recovering the balance. Ignoring afflictions would be more robust, I expect, but also a lot more hassle to code.
  • edited August 2016
    Don't use github, never used it, so don't know how to point this out in the proper places, so figured I will do it here. @Gamoneterik found a typo in the bard svo where hypochondria is mispelled "hypochondira" or some such thing. @Keneanung

edit: couldn't find it in the runewarden svo, so I'm not sure if it's only a bard svo thing or not.
  • This is already fixed on github and is waiting for release :)
  • It's also on the other class files. :)

"...stig/.config/mudlet/profiles/Magenta/Serpent svo/svo:5926: svo.removeaff: hypochondira isn't a known aff name"
  • qwc shows everyone as rogue. I tried turning off all my own scripts triggers and alias and restarting twice and qwc still shows everyone as rogue. Any ideas?
    spread positivity
  • edited August 2016

A little late (because I've been on vacation, sorry folks!) but better late than never, here's the latest release of svof. Overall this release contains some bugfixes and brings an organizational change: @Ahmet is now officially part of the svof core team! That means you can complain to him as well if something dosesn't work. And I have somebody to look at the things I change. So hopefully it means more quality releases for you.

The MVP (remember my per-release bounty for somebody, who's helping with svof?) goes to @Colgano who fixed the hypochondria issues and pointed me into the correct direction to fix the NDB cheat-sheet. Enjoy your 10 cr :)

Merged pull requests:

• Fix the ndb cheat sheet #224 (@Keneanung; )
    • Make sure howMany parameter of getSameItems is a number (to make the enchanter stop enchanting after given number) #223 (@Keneanung )
    • Hypochondria misspelled, causing errors. #222 (@Colgano; )
    • Update .travis.yml to use a higher ruby version #220 (@Keneanung; )
    Edit: language
  • edited August 2016
    So... my svof is not catching basic illusions and making me cure dumb stuff. Is that happening to any of you guys? 

Specifically: this

Obviously, Direxi is not a Priest..... but this illusion is still not catching.  

Has this been happening to any of you guys? How do i fix it?

This has been happening on both my bard and occie profiles fyi. I have updated svof recently.
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • edited August 2016
    Averi said:
    So... my svof is not catching basic illusions and making me cure dumb stuff. Is that happening to any of you guys? 

Specifically: this

Obviously, Direxi is not a Priest..... but this illusion is still not catching.  

Has this been happening to any of you guys? How do i fix it?

This has been happening on both my bard and occie profiles fyi. I have updated svof recently.
    Oh, awesome. I was literally coming here to ask about the same problem. Got serverside turned on (because why wouldn't you?) but I illusioned myself just to see if that was an issue. Svof sees the illusion, goes 'hey, serverside, somehow you missed something that I didn't.' and serverside is like 'aight, well, lemme go ahead and cure that for you.' -- even though there was no affliction. I can't figure out how to fix this.  https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/21dc9197
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Curing predictions I think under server-side.

• Yes. That. Please tell me how to kill it with fire. I can't find a disable on either side of this coin.
  • Here's your fire: https://github.com/svof/svof/releases/tag/21 (should update automatically for recent svof versions).

The reason was a function that was supposed to predict afflictions to serverside after svof found out what a hidden affliction actually was. The implementation was faulty as we did not quite understand what we did here.

Sorry!
  • No, no. Please don't apologize. Never have it in your head(s) that you guys owe us an apology. It's because of you guys svo keeps going and I don't have to lose all the little helpful gadgets and stuff that I've gotten used to that I feel so utterly helpless without. If anything, sorry I caused you to have to light a fire to kill stuff with.

Seriously, though. Thank you to everyone that helps out with svof. Y'all the real MVPs.
  • Hiya! So I just recently came back to Achaea and my friend was awesome enough to help me set my svo up again, I'm using Svof. Unfortunately, I'm having some issues with the defup, keepup, and df part of it. df itself isn't working, i have no other alias' with df in it at all, so that might not be an issue but i can't find any way to make it work. in my defup and keepup I have blind and def marked for both. I am a blademaster so I have the ability to make myself blind and deaf, unfortunately defup and keepup aren't applying deafness or blindness to me at all. If I type def then blind and def aren't even showing up that I actually am blind or def. Defup and Keepup are also not applying my Clarity or Bind skill from my Shindo, however they are showing up in def that they are active. Just wanted to let ya'll know what was happening with me, thank you and keep up the great work! ^_^
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    I had similar problems using monk blind dead. I'd recommend disabling the svof blind deaf and using serverside to handle it. ... Probably have server-side handle most

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Amorie said:
    Hiya! So I just recently came back to Achaea and my friend was awesome enough to help me set my svo up again, I'm using Svof. Unfortunately, I'm having some issues with the defup, keepup, and df part of it. df itself isn't working, i have no other alias' with df in it at all, so that might not be an issue but i can't find any way to make it work. in my defup and keepup I have blind and def marked for both. I am a blademaster so I have the ability to make myself blind and deaf, unfortunately defup and keepup aren't applying deafness or blindness to me at all. If I type def then blind and def aren't even showing up that I actually am blind or def. Defup and Keepup are also not applying my Clarity or Bind skill from my Shindo, however they are showing up in def that they are active. Just wanted to let ya'll know what was happening with me, thank you and keep up the great work! ^_^
    Are you using serverside? Do you have the minerals necessary to make you blind or deaf? I'm not sure serverside supports the class skills, perhaps a blademaster knows.
    Huh. Neat.
  • When I was using monk svof, kai blind and kai deaf didn't work, serverside or not. Had to disable "Use kai deaf/blind" (or something like that) in vconfig to make sure svof used minerals.

Mind you, this was 2-3 updates ago, been on Runie svof for a bit.

Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    How do I stop svof from re-enabling certain things whenever it updates? Like, I have my own refiller and enchanter and i don't like the elixlist sorter. But whenever there's an update, the stuff gets re-enabled and messes up my things. So I have to go and disable stuff each time. 

• edited August 2016
    Skye said:
    How do I stop svof from re-enabling certain things whenever it updates? Like, I have my own refiller and enchanter and i don't like the elixlist sorter. But whenever there's an update, the stuff gets re-enabled and messes up my things. So I have to go and disable stuff each time. 
    There is no builtin way, but @Antonius posted this a while back: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/comment/291910/#Comment_291910

Edit: Or even more furter back http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/comment/284467/#Comment_284467
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Can someone please please please remove the pagelength thing from the elist sorter? I have mine set to max and it keeps setting it back to 20, which is astonishingly irritating.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.