Svof

Hi all

As mentioned previously, Svo is now available in open-source, free, and community-supported form! See https://github.com/svof/svof.

Rename

Originally planned to be called Svo 2, it is now named Svof (Svo free version). This is to make it easier to distinguish from the original Svo, and as the feature set is exactly the same, the 2 wasn't really justified as there are no massive updates.

Downloading

You can download the latest system from here! Just pick which class you'd like to run with and you're set. Note that extensive QA has not been done on this initial release, so treat it with caution and experiment with on a new profile. All systems include all class and general addons, and the noclass system is gone.

Support

Join the Svof clan in-game for help!

Contributing

If you'd like to contribute to the system or maintain it, have established your trustworthiness as an Achaean, know Svo and its code, feel free to apply to join the Svof organisation

Comments

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Is there any reason to update at this point, or is it all entirely the same? Curious about how the update process will work, since it still appears to maintain the update functions. Will it still be one click updates from github, assuming people step up? 
  • Right now, there are some... issues. People are looking into them, but there will be growing pains during the switch. My advice is, until things in combat change enough that an update to SVO is really needed (I have no idea if the latest classleads were updated in SVO or not), stick with the original and switch to svof when things are a bit more stable/you really have to switch due to updates. Even then, updates won't be coming as quickly as before, since we're the ones having to do the updates.

Or jump in and take a peek at how things are working, how they aren't, and help us figure out how to fix them!
  • edited August 2015
    Occultist one's chock full of errors, that prevents it from loading properly. Just putting that out there.
    Tried hammering them out, but 41000 lines of code is way too much for me to be willing to work through.

• TitonusTitonus Youngstown, Ohio
    Cynlael said:
    Occultist one's chock full of errors, that prevents it from loading properly. Just putting that out there.
    Tried hammering them out, but 41000 lines of code is way too much for me to be willing to work through.
    Sure would be nice if we were allowed, as a community of willful spenders, to pay someone to do all that hardwork for us.

• anyone in the Svof clan wanna send me a invite?
  • I am using SVO with Priest and added Shaman. Now if I wanted to download a Bard one, is the process as simple as just downlaoding and installing the Bard package? Will it integrate nicely into the existing SVO I have?
  • Cynlael said:
    That's been fixed.
  • I'd also like to be inducted to the SVOF clan, if possible.
  • Khel said:
    I'd also like to be inducted to the SVOF clan, if possible.
    Same here!
  • @Vadimuses

cloned svof out of github and was going through the rest of the setup instructions for mac, when tried to brew install lua5.1 got error that there was no available formula to lua5.1. 

Not familiar with homebrew - is there some other repo that needs to be setup? 

Sometimes have spare coding time, so would like to be able to contribute to the project.
    The Truths hurt. Always.
  • I didn't have Mac instructions originally, someone added them with https://github.com/svof/svof/pull/26/files, so maybe ask in that PR.
  • Anytime I export/import my xml or push my .config/mudlet folder to github in order to keep my scripts in synch across my computers, I get the where is the svo folder prompt.
    What is this looking for? Cant seem to find anything to load and scripts dont seem to work.
  • New update, read all about it here: https://github.com/svof/svof/releases/tag/5

Svof documentation is now also available, big thanks to @Keneanung for making that work: https://svof.github.io/svof/
  • Suladan said:
    @Vadimuses

cloned svof out of github and was going through the rest of the setup instructions for mac, when tried to brew install lua5.1 got error that there was no available formula to lua5.1. 

Not familiar with homebrew - is there some other repo that needs to be setup? 

Sometimes have spare coding time, so would like to be able to contribute to the project.
    Take out the '.' in lua5.1 - "brew install lua51" worked for me.
  • edited September 2015
    Just checking to see if some of the things I'm noticing after several installs are happening to everyone else:
    1. DV/DF don't seem to be doing anything.
    2. NDB causes the error: "(svof): You don't seem to have installed Svof as a package in the name of "Kurogi svo" - I can't find the ndb help file!"
    3. The selfishness toggle isn't functioning; SL echoes that it's toggling the keepup, but neither selfishness or generosity are ever used. 
    4. Autowalking with mudlet mapper doesn't work, it keeps waiting for balance.
    I know that it's a transition period, so I'm not complaining, per se, I just wanted to see if others were running into the same problem. Also, can I get an invite to the clan?
  • Ugh. Strike numbers 1, 3, and 4 off that list. Note to self: CONFIG VOTING OFF (or keep it out of the prompt). Sorry for the false alarm. Still not sure about #2, though.
  • PraxidesPraxides Kansas, USA
    Kurogi said:
    Ugh. Strike numbers 1, 3, and 4 off that list. Note to self: CONFIG VOTING OFF (or keep it out of the prompt). Sorry for the false alarm. Still not sure about #2, though.
    open the zip before installing it, there's a file called config.lua open in whatever variant of notepad you have and change mpackage = "Class svo" to mpackage = "Name svo". Save and make sure the changes write to the zip file, it'll import correctly, ndb wants that format, it effects nothing else changing it from my playing around with svof so far.

as an example mine is mpackage = "Runewarden svo" I changed it to mpackage = "Praxides svo"

• Praxides said:
    Kurogi said:
    Ugh. Strike numbers 1, 3, and 4 off that list. Note to self: CONFIG VOTING OFF (or keep it out of the prompt). Sorry for the false alarm. Still not sure about #2, though.
    open the zip before installing it, there's a file called config.lua open in whatever variant of notepad you have and change mpackage = "Class svo" to mpackage = "Name svo". Save and make sure the changes write to the zip file, it'll import correctly, ndb wants that format, it effects nothing else changing it from my playing around with svof so far.

as an example mine is mpackage = "Runewarden svo" I changed it to mpackage = "Praxides svo"

Perfect! I imagined the solution was something along those lines, I just didn't know what file to edit.
  • If anyone wants to step up to maintaining Svof (doing releases and such), let me know - the system was open-sourced as I won't be doing this for much longer.
  • Is there any reason there's no folder for Dual Blunt in the Knight Limbcounter, or did I just miss it somehow?
  • LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    Vadimuses said:
    If anyone wants to step up to maintaining Svof (doing releases and such), let me know - the system was open-sourced as I won't be doing this for much longer.
    I'd be interested in helping, at least. I need to read over the entire codebase to get more familiar with it before committing to anything.
  • Ariete said:
    Is there any reason there's no folder for Dual Blunt in the Knight Limbcounter, or did I just miss it somehow?
    I think the 'Whip', 'Whirl (snap)', and 'Whirl (skilfully)' triggers are for dual blunt. If those four aren't sufficient and you're capable of writing triggers that work and know how to use git/github, feel free to send a pull request with your changes. https://github.com/svof/svof/#contributing

retired
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I need to switch over to Svof, get my new desktop PC, then I'll be looking at doing something with the Svof codebase

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited September 2015
    Praxides said:
    Kurogi said:

Posting on request, easier fix, so you don't need to reinstall.

Do a search for this: ndb alias cheatsheet

You get a rather long alias, you just need to edit lines 3 and 8.

Line 3 currently reads:
    if not lfs.attributes(getMudletHomeDir().."/"..svo.me.name.." svo".) then

change it so it now reads: (with your class of course)
    if not lfs.attributes(getMudletHomeDir().."/Magi svo") then

Line 8 currently reads:
    local f, msg = io.open(getMudletHomeDir().."/"..svo.me.name.." svo/ndb-help.lua")

change it so it now reads: (again, your class)
    local f, msg = io.open(getMudletHomeDir().."/Magi svo/ndb-help.lua")

Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Also, I definitely do not want to take over, but I'm more than willing to help and throw in some fixes now and again.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    To make the changes non-class specific, you could do:

if not lfs.attributes(getMudletHomeDir().."/"..svo.me.class:title().." svo") then

and

local f, msg = io.open(getMudletHomeDir().."/"..svo.me.class:title().." svo/ndb-help.lua")

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • New update: https://github.com/svof/svof/releases/tag/6

New release with a collection of improvements from @keneanung@Seifur, and@alex-d-schroder.

• Refiller doesn't detect transcendent in Remedies
    • Druids now get the meta limbcounter, and monks the monk limbcounter
    • ndb alias fixed to work
    • Zanzibaar web/rope bashing trigger fixed
    • vhelp URL updated

Big thanks to @keneanung for setting up an automated build system for releases and documentation deployment!

If you're interested on working on Svof - doing releases, doing feature planning, or guiding the project - please apply!

• I am having an issue with the ndb not saving information. I honours someone and it will save their city. I can qw and it will have the name highlighted but when I qw again the highlight is gone but it does list them as a rogue. I have tried from a fresh profile originally on mudlet 2.1 on my laptop win10 and desktop win7 and it does the same thing on both. Then again on mudlet 3delta and same deal. I asked someone ingame and they said they are not having the same issue so any ideas?

• With further tinkering I found the alias qw/qw2 which calls the function ndb.checkqw(). I could not find this function anywhere. Disabling the alias seems to have everything working as normal including updating the database on qw when autohonours is on.