Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Bard > STR, CON, DEX, INT?

DochithaDochitha Posts: 1,010Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
Which is the best for a bard?

Thank you!

Best Answers

• AtalkezAtalkez Posts: 3,922Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Accepted Answer
    If you want to abuse Accentato Scaling, max STR with lvl 3 rapier is pretty obscene damage.

Bard doesn't benefit much from Int or Dex. Con, is con. Always is a good option.

You hug Aurora compassionately.
    Dochitha

Answers

• AmranuAmranu Posts: 714Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Atalkez said:
    If you want to abuse Accentato
    Working as intended
    DaerinAhmet
  • AtalkezAtalkez Posts: 3,922Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Doesn't change the fact that you can abuse people with it ^_^

You hug Aurora compassionately.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormPosts: 2,524Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited August 2015
    Don't skimp on int, voicecraft uses mana

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • DochithaDochitha Posts: 1,010Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Does Dex spec makes them harder to get hit by physical classes?
  • MishgulMishgul ROTHERHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPosts: 5,305Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    the problem with dex is, that it only helps when you don't need it defensively, and most classes have ways of negating it entirely (paralysis, proning). It slows down a BM's prep a little bit, and might keep you alive against a damage druid. Otherwise it's only good if you are serpent

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
    XinnaPraxidesDochitha
  • GamoneterikGamoneterik Posts: 118Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    To just rezz this, because...

I may have to read back through le classleads to get back into Bard... But this confuses me... Atalkez said:
    If you want to abuse Accentato Scaling, max STR with lvl 3 rapier is pretty obscene damage.

Bard doesn't benefit much from Int or Dex. Con, is con. Always is a good option.
    Was always INT scaling accentato damage. Do I now only have a lvl 3 sash because it makes me look more Greco-Roman and diplomatic or what?

Clarification would be appreciated. Got a while before I'm effective as a Bard yet.
    "To thine own self be true."
  • KenwayKenway San FranciscoPosts: 1,120Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    It scales off of both. If I remember right from my testing str is slightly better scaling just 'cause it also modifies how much damage you do per jab. Honestly though I don't think it matters much now since accentato damage has been reduced pretty significantly. It now scales very very quickly with mental affs so it's more about stacking those on than just abusing stats and jabbing prefarar singing limerick till they stop moving.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • GamoneterikGamoneterik Posts: 118Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Shit wish I had have gone here rather than asking on the clans before choosing my traits.

I didn't know that about denizen damage. Ah well.

Traits are traits though, right... I think the way they are beginning to balance them means that their truly is flavour for individual styles of play.
    "To thine own self be true."
Sign In to Comment.