Let's play Achaea

edited October 2012 in North of Thera
Hey. So I was just thinking about different things and wondered, would it be fun to do a lets play Achaea? You know like a recorded video series that is then posted to youtube..Sounded kind of interesting to me would others watch and such if I were to do one?

Comments

• There is already a "You're addicted to Achaea when" series parts 1-6. At least I think it stopped at 6.
  • I was actually considering this the other day.

If nothing else, it'll be good to see if people swear as much as I do when I'm fighting...
  • HhaosHhaos Cortland, Ohio
    0.3 seconds of lag? I'm still cussing after the next 7 dsls bare minimum. Against someone like Jarrel its just F* F* F* F* F* F* F* F* Phew F* F* F* F* F* F* F* F* F* F* F* F* F* F* DAMMIT!
  • Awful idea.
  • Would you hark at the child?
  • I would watch this.
  • Would you hark at the Iocun?
  • I think it's a great idea in theory. In practice... where do I start..?

"So, this is the screen where you have to write in your character's name. You can't really see it so clear from there, but I'm just gonna type 'Richard'. You do it just like this..."

"And here's how to look at the room you're in. You can't really see it so clear from there, but I'm just gonna type 'L'."

"Okay, and here's how to switch targets during a raid. You can't really see it so clear from there, but I'm just gonna type 'TT CARMAIN', no, not in caps."
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Delphinus said:
    Wouldn't this just be a video of someone reading Achaea text out loud?
    Only if normal Let's Plays consist of someone just describing the graphics of a game.
  • Iocun said:
    Delphinus said:
    Only if normal Let's Plays consist of someone just describing the graphics of a game.
    No, but 'normal Let's Plays' consist of showing somebody how to play a game. How do you show somebody how to play a text game? Seriously, this would be the biggest turn-off imaginable, and the -worst- possible way of advertising Achaea.
  • edited October 2012
    Iocun said:
    Delphinus said:
    In a normal LP, you can process what's going on (the visuals) and the narration (the audio) at the same time, because visuals are intuitive. We're visual creatures. Text, on the other hand, is not intuitive; you have to interpret it. When trying to read over narration, it's a significant hurdle just understanding what's going on.

All of this can be hedged in something that isn't time-sensitive, but Achaea's far too fast-paced.

TL;DR: Bad idea. Confusing, hard to follow, and probably boring.
  • Delphinus said:
    Challenge accepted. Give me until approximately the 15th of November to get somewhere with a webcam, keeping in mind I'm probably going to forget and not do anything.
  • Tvistor said:
    Delphinus said:
    Challenge accepted. Give me until approximately the 15th of November to get somewhere with a webcam, keeping in mind I'm probably going to forget and not do anything.
    @Tvistor - Literally cringing in anticipation... but I'll certainly watch it from my fingers.
  • Puh-lease. Everyone loves my sweet, dulcet tones.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

My webcam is glued to the top of my laptop but I can still do it i think. It will just require a little imaginategemite.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Tvistor said:
    Puh-lease. Everyone loves my sweet, dulcet tones.
    NOT your sweet, dulcet tones I'm worried about.  Bonus points if you use a voice-changer to make it so that the LP is presented by Michael Jackson, though.
  • edited November 2012

For a reasonable credit bribe, I'd record a dramatic reading of a duel.
    20 cr to read as William Shattner. 35 cr for an overexcited scotsman. And for 60 cr I'll sing the duel as Adam Lambert.

Choose wisely. (Or pay all of them and I'll try to fuse the characters together.)

EDIT: Might not do serpent duels. There are only so many ways you can read 'Carmain eats a bloodroot leaf.'

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • edited November 2012
    @Xith

Only if you narrate that three hour Tirc/somebody duel.  And never break character.

Or whatever their names are.  I honestly cannot remember.
  • Tirac and Kalvon. They are important people (as importance in Achaea goes), you should learn their names.
  • @Xith Too bland. Sing a combat log as Björk and you might get some bites.

• Alyssea said:
    Tirac and Kalvon. They are important people (as importance in Achaea goes), you should learn their names.
    I -have- learned their names.  It's more that I couldn't remember who was involved in -that- particular duel.
  • Tvistor said:
    Delphinus said:
    @Tvistor - How's that coming along, buddy?
  • @Sylvance is a necromancer.

But yes, how is that coming?
  • Xith said:

For a reasonable credit bribe, I'd record a dramatic reading of a duel.
    20 cr to read as William Shattner. 35 cr for an overexcited scotsman. And for 60 cr I'll sing the duel as Adam Lambert.

Choose wisely. (Or pay all of them and I'll try to fuse the characters together.)

EDIT: Might not do serpent duels. There are only so many ways you can read 'Carmain eats a bloodroot leaf.'

I'd pay to hear it done BRIAN BLESSED.  How much for that?
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Sylvance said:
    Tvistor said:
    Delphinus said:
  • Vaehl said:
    Sylvance said:
    Tvistor said:
    Delphinus said:

• Sylvance said:
    Vaehl said:
    Sylvance said:
    Tvistor said:
    Delphinus said:

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • FINE, I'M FREE THIS WEEKEND.