Antonius does America?

Due to lack of notice I wasn't able to schedule a trip over to the US to attend the Gods/IRE meet in Vegas (@Sarapis @Tecton More notice next time, please!). However, I will be over in the US from September 16th to October 5th this year. Here's my current itinerary:

September 16th - September 19th: Washington DC

September 19th - September 22nd: New York City

September 22nd - September 26th: Miami

September 26th - September 30th: Seattle

October 1st - October 5th: Los Angeles

So far I've only booked travel, so I'd really appreciate any suggestions on:

• Places to stay - I won't be driving while I'm over there, so within walking distance of cool and/or touristy things or decent public transport, preferably.
  • Places to eat - I like most things, and I'm happy to try new stuff, so any and all suggestions welcome, as long as they're not in the middle of nowhere. I love sushi, and I'm pretty sure good sushi just doesn't exist here, so definitely planning to eat roughly my bodyweight in that; good sushi restaurant suggestions especially welcome!
  • Things to do - I'm not planning to sit around my hotel all day (well, maybe in Miami if it has a nice pool and the weather is pretty decent [it can't be worth than the summer we're having here...]), so suggestions on cool shit to do please. I may buy tickets for the Seahawks - Bears game while I'm in Seattle (ugh at the Seahawks - Packers game being an away game), not sure I've worked up to spending that much on a ticket yet though.
  • People to meet - Are you a cool Achaean living in any of those places? Do you want to meet up, grab a drink, hang out, or do something else fun? That'd be cool, so let me know.

My eternal (or at least temporary) gratitude for any help or suggestions!

Comments

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    I'm in LA.  Can see if @Cinya @Reonna @Rispok can meet one of those days.  Anyone else in the LA area should chime in now please.  I'll organize something in Koreatown if enough people are interested.

I assume you'll have a smartphone during this trip.  Lyft (and Uber) are pretty cheap in LA they can fill in any gaps for transportation.  Our public transportation is decent (check http://www.metro.net/ for more info), LA is just really spread out so you can get anywhere you need to at the cost of extra time.  AirBnB a place is probably the bet if you are here that long.  The weather should still be nice early October.  Would look in the Beverly Hills, West Hollywood area as a home base since its the most central.  LA has great restaurants, the problem is they are located all over the city.  Glendale has the best armenian/mediterrean food, San Gabriel has the best chinese, numerous claims to best japanese restaurants, Hollywood has the best thai food, East LA the best mexican and so on.  The most concentrated area for restaurants IMO is Downtown.  You don't need to spend a fortune for good food in LA.

Places to check out:
    LACMA
    Getty Center
    La Brea Tar Pits
    Santa Monica Pier and 3rd Street Promenade
    Griffith Park Observatory (should also do the hike to the Hollywood sign)

Will throw in a few activities I personally find great that are pretty cheap

Start near the Santa Monica pier, rent a beach cruiser, do a beach bar crawl down to Washington pier, you'll pass Santa Monica and Venice beach along the way.  Amazing views, awesome vibe, great weather (usually).  Can also recommend a South Bay crawl from Redondo to Manhattan Beach that is equally fun.

Hiking, tons of awesome paths in the Pacific Palisades, Malibu, Hollywood Hills and Burbank.

Wine tasting in Malibu.  I'd even recommend going up to Santa Barbara for a better experience but seeing Malibu and wine tasting is a pretty great way to spend an afternoon.

• I'm always happy to meet up, and will be back by then.

Also the Getty Villa in Malibu is worth a visit in addition to the Getty proper.
  • Hm. Since I had to cancel last-minute on the Vegas trip, perhaps I will show up in one of these cities to terrorize you mortals. 

Most essence gets Me to come to your city. 
    (kidding)
    (sorta)
  • I can probably find out some places in Seattle for Sushi, I know the guy who led our food tour suggested Japonessa. If I want good conveyor sushi, Blue C is usually my go to when I'm at a convention since it's right near the center.
  • I might be in LA for a conference in early October, might come around if you guys aren't too far.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • A bit late to the party on this, perhaps, but I may be up for a meetup in Seattle, if there's enough interest to make it worth it. Last I heard @Aodfionn and @Zeon were around here, not sure about anyone else.
  • LA is close to San Diego... look at the crazyness in LA and then amtrak to SD :pleased: 

• LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    @Szanthax Fellow San Diegan! (I can't figure out how to change my location since I moved. Bah.)
  • @Lothien San Diego Meet! :open_mouth: 

• If you head through South Carolina let me know would love to at least say hi.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."