Amusing/Entertaining/Interesting things you stumbled upon on the Internet

Comments

• edited January 2013

Thanks!  I tried the "Share", then "Embed" from Youtube below the vid, but no luck... Maybe it's this shorted link that immediately pops up from "Share"?  It's not showing up in Save Draft, but I'll see if it works when I post... if not, I'll just edit it out...

http://youtu.be/8lggoi_z_4w

EDIT:  Nope...  Here's the embed script it gave me... which also didn't work.  <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8lggoi_z_4w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>  I did a search on here, and apparently you're supposed to just be able to paste the link (which I left in above along with the sort of embedded vid) and it magically embeds itself.  Esh.

• EldEld
    edited January 2013
    @Jules Generally you can just copy/paste the url into the body of the comment. No links, no embed code, just the url as plain text.

Like so.
  • Yeah... I did that too.  I'm actually trying to post a link to just an image (in player pics) right now, which I think is supposed to work the same way, and it's just showing up as a link (no image).  At least I guess it works as a link? 
  • Jules said:
    Yeah... I did that too.  I'm actually trying to post a link to just an image (in player pics) right now, which I think is supposed to work the same way, and it's just showing up as a link (no image).  At least I guess it works as a link? 
    For images, I generally use the image button on the toolbar above the comment editing box (5th from the right, picture icon, says "Insert Image" when you mouse over it). Click that and a dialog should pop up that you can paste the link into.
  • I think it's safe to assume this dude isn't human. He probably hails from some playing-the-piano-on-your-guitar alien race.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • edited January 2013

@Eld, yeah, I happen to have two laptops with me, so I tried both, and I've tried just pasting the url in... all versions of it offered by youtube under "share" plus just pasting the actual url from the address.  Then I tried to get fancy :P  The closest I got was that html embed script I found.  Ourania had to edit my pic I posted yesterday for the same reason... I'd tried using the "insert image" widget here, of course, but nothing.  Just a simple imageshack url, which I've noticed worked fine for a poster just above me, for instance.  I really do think maybe something is up with the perms on my account at this point.   

EDIT:  Is it possible you have to have a certain "level" on the forums to have the ability to do some of those things?

• Well, it turns out that someone with 4 posts was able to post images with no problem, so I guess that rules out privileges.  I've read that there are some bugs with Vanilla Forums - which I guess is what these are, but it has to be something on my end, because it's apparently as straightforward as using the buttons and/or pasting the url in the comment box for most.  I tried creating another user account in case mine was somehow "broken".  I also tried doing it in Chrome.  I turned off AV and Firewall, just in case... I've tried it on two different laptops.  Kind of maddening.  I just can't figure out why I can't post images or embed videos - they all just end up turning into Hyperlinks unless I borrow some code as I did in my original video post in this thread (and since I don't really know what I'm doing there, it worked, but was a bit messy).  I don't even really have anything to post right now, just bothers me that I can't figure out why it's not working properly.  

• edited January 2013
    Eld said:
    @Jules Generally you can just copy/paste the url into the body of the comment. No links, no embed code, just the url as plain text.

Like so.
    Gonna just try direct quoting @Eld to see what happens... 

EDIT:  Okay, it looks like the problem was that even when I would type it in by hand... it would convert to hyperlink.  Have to literally right click and "paste as plain text" (not CTRL+V or anything like that) or you'll end up with a hyperlink.  Maybe that's what was meant all along, but whew!

I'm so never going to be able to think of Pandora as anything other than this =(
  • If you've somehow missed the Plinkett Reviews, and most especially his hilarious thrashing of the Star Wars prequels, enjoy:

• B**** MOB TASK FORCE PLATOON 6KISS REPORTING IN. Protect Lil B and Keke the Adopted Tabby Cat at all costs.
  • Alcinae has a Misha avatar.

WAHAHA~

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • I love that Lilly and Hanako avatar. Brings back good memories of that game. Many tears were shed, especially with Rin....

RIN!!! :((

• Obama Gangnam Style

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • edited January 2013
    Ever use a portable toilet, I always had thoughts of something going wrong while within one.

• 5SWAG9U

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • AlcinaeAlcinae AFK
    edited January 2013

Oh dear lawd... I lost it at 0:18.

3DEEP5ME
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Te10el & the Adventurers.

Turntable.fm quite possibly the most IC:OOC fun I've had in along time.
    Okk tells you, "You 'woof'ed on a house channel in a conversation with the Lord Bard."

• Apparently, I am
    1) Useless baggage
    2)Hidden genius.
    I'd like very much to say 'hah, obviously the latter' but in all honesty I'm more of a 'Hidden baggage' type.
  • Chryenth's name means: 1) Annoying 2) Mankind's savior.

I'll get right on that second one. Pretty sure I've got the first one down already.
  • I am a hidden genius + complete idiot.
  • eld's name means:
    1) Spending Valentine's Day alone.
    2) To gain a harem.

That's right. Small sacrifice now for the big payoff later.

Also, my real name apparently means
    1) Hnnnnnnng
    2) Winning at life.

Not entirely sure how to interpret that one.

• I don't like that name thing...

Argys: 1) Suspected of being homo. 2) To let your imagination run wild.

• Apparently:

Alcinae: 
    1. Zero *** appeal
    2. A fine gentleman
    1. Useless baggage
    2. (*´Д`)haa haa