Talisman auction bugs

Right... so I've heard from at least three other people that they're having the same bug as me for this, but my issues have been deleted with little response, and none after I pointed out they'd assumed something incorrect and yes it was in fact a bug.

Auctions do not (always) give the gold to the seller. The piece vanishes, and the gold does not appear. This happened to an auction WITH a bid on it, and I've had no resolution despite it being weeks since issuing. I had a response at first that said my piece wasn't sold and was returned, but it wasn't, that was a second auction I had running that finished around the same time. I've since heard from others they're too having this problem, with no resolution. @Tecton fix, please?

Another issue with auctions, and this one I reported as a bug, but doesn't seem to have had any response yet, is that when a max bid is placed on an item, it prevents any bids under that from having any effect. So if you bid 50000 on an item with a visible bid of 1 gold, and a max bid (of someone else's) of 1 million gold, that item is not going to go up. It's never going to go up in price, unless someone places a bid of OVER a million gold, and then you're stuck paying absolutely stupid amounts of money for it, while the original 1 million gold bidder is never at risk of that. That's a little ridiculous. This is a problem because it effectively stiffs the seller out of gold for the value of the item.

EXAMPLE:

1       quisalistombstone 1       Marks        1/1          12      #1

You are going to place a maximum bid of 50001 gold sovereigns on an auction of 1 level 1
quisalistombstonescript talisman piece.
Enter AGREE if you wish to proceed.

You place a bid of 50001 gold sovereigns on auction #1, but still do not have the maximum bid.

1       quisalistombstone 1       Marks        1/1          12      #1

Comments

• Yeah, the auction thing still has a lot of weird stuff going on with it.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Will take a look at soon as time permits!
  • Thank you, thank you! @Tecton you're wonderful! :pleased: 

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited July 2015
    Oh. So that's where my bucketleft piece went. It vanished into thin air! I was wondering if someone bought it, because I never got a message, letter or gold. I forgot if I left a bug, but I don't remember. D:
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Are you sure you're not getting the gold? We had some issues a while ago where this would happen, but those should've been resolved (I'm unable to replicate any issues with payouts). It should be in a letter in your inventory.

Good point on the being able to lock out the high bid, that's now changed. Will raise the price to match your low bid.

• @Ruth: just reviewed the logs in your case. Looks like your bucketleft piece was from before the issues were resolved, was in the batch of the ones we retroactively refunded a bit ago. Not sure if you missed the message.
  • Fairly sure, I haven't had any gold letters that didn't correlate to another talisman piece sale. Everyone who's said they had this happen hasn't reported the gold being returned either.

It's -possible- it could have happened and slipped past me, but I don't think so.

• edited July 2015
    Maybe make it a bit more obvious if you retroactively put through something like this in future? I didn't get any messages about it, that's for sure!

I'm not sure how I could have missed 150k.

• The refunds for the issues would've been straight gold, rather than being in letters.

Gold from properly credited sales will be in letters (as all sales should be after the last set of changes we made).

• So gold without a message? Could've been dropped when I died if I wasn't aware of its existence. Possible I did put it away without realising if that's the case. I don't think I ended up mysteriously 150k richer at any point though.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited July 2015
    Makarios said:
    @Ruth: just reviewed the logs in your case. Looks like your bucketleft piece was from before the issues were resolved, was in the batch of the ones we retroactively refunded a bit ago. Not sure if you missed the message.
    Message #14793      Sent by Achaea
    6/01/4:19 Your offer to sell 1 of a bucket's left side has expired.

7498h, 7176m|100%m, 100%e, 100%w,  kai, ex, 19.3%, cdbkh-  - 11:48:39.312talisman pieces baitbucket
      Num Name                                   Level Set        Keyword             
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     None
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

None though :(

• I didn't get a message about the gold refund, but I saw Makarios hand it to me. Well, I saw him hand me 25001 gold. I had seen that the bid on my auction was 50001 gold, but I assume it was showing wrong. I sent him a message to confirm he hadn't accidentally handed me some gold, and got this.

Sent By: Makarios On 6/19/16:50
    Was a bug from the talisman market, we were just refunding some lost gold.

Seems like it would be very easy to miss receiving an amount of gold, especially if it was significantly less than the large sum someone was expecting and just got lumped in with the gold drops of a hunting spree due to spam.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    In my case, I didn't manage to sell it via auction, and it just never showed back up in my list.

• AereidhnaAereidhna Dallas
    edited July 2015
    Ignore me, I'm an idiot holding a bunch of letters I didn't notice :D
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Aereidhna said:
    Ignore me, I'm an idiot holding a bunch of letters I didn't notice :D
    The letters just pop up in your inventory, with no message other than you've sold the talisman pieces. This was confusing to me too.