Your favourite client-side script features

Comments

• With the tree stuff done, my list of features people would like in this regard is pretty empty now. The two things left on it are limb counter (we're still discussing options so that's on hold), and lust (this is like the tree scenarios in that it'll require a good bit of thought before it gets anywhere). So if anyone has more ideas, feel free to post them up here and we'll get to them as time permits.
  • Could fix defenses. Lifevision mask def won't defup in dragonform. Could add bliss as a def in Devotion too.
  • edited August 2015
    Off the top of my head:

Multiple priority 'modes' in the curing system (for different classes/situations).
    The ability to fall back on concoctions cures if you have no transmutation cures and have concoctions ones (or the reverse).
    Queuing taking into account stun/etc. 
    Defence defup vs keepup.
    A friendly 'target' as well as an enemy one.
    Balance times showing on the recovery line (since AB doesn't adjust with modifiers/show in the case of weapon-dependent).

edit:
    Experience percent showing in custom prompt.
    Percent for health/mana/endurance/willpower as custom prompt option.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • The first of these at least is already a thing. Its under the CURINGSET command.
  • Oh. Client side curing will spam the shit out of you if you're missing a curative/elixir/salve. Could we make serverside do that so we know we are missing something?
  • Morthif said:
    Lifevision mask def won't defup in dragonform.
    OH! Yes, please, please this.
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Makarios said:
    The first of these at least is already a thing. Its under the CURINGSET command.
    That's awesome - and I see it now under HELP CURING SYSTEM - but think it could be added to the list of commands when you do CURING by itself?

Thanks again!
  • -Would be nice if WALK TO used gallop/dash. Also it is not taking into account armband of celerity making it slower.
    -We now have gmcp affs add/remove and nexus shows unhidden to curing affs to the side. It is time for a SHOW AFFS that prints that info, like: Current known afflictions: asthma, paralysis and clumsiness. (thinking of it this is very simply done client side, but still)
    -Color player names in room in LOOK output only. Static color, no fancy stuff, only LOOK to be able pick up easier names when looking and squinting. Useful because of people holding stuff with arms of others or titles with other people names (example: Thrall of <mentor>). 
    -Queuing to work better with hinder (see classlead 117)
    -Config to show balance times would also be nice.
  • think we still need parry, trueparry, clawparry, guarding, mounted on gmcp defs.

Also, on the same lines as the pipe changes, if we can make all defs that require balance/eq but don't use it get automatically put up before queueing.  Stuff like parrying, mounting, summoning breath.

pre-caching.  Anything riftable, allow it to be configured to a number for precaching.

special curing, expand the tree functionality you added to all class specific cures.

Better aeon handling.  You need a system to block your commands.  As far as I can tell, if you enter in anything while aeoned, serverside curing will just resend the curing command over top of your command anyways.  That part is fine, but it means a) you can never enter anything in aeon until you pause, which is correct functionality but b) if you do enter something in, it restarts your curing command instead of just blocking that input like a normal client does.

Essentially, what I am saying here.  Make the aeon affliction not allow you to send any input into the game that would generate the 'sluggish' message unless you turn curing off.

If you added all of these, i might consider swapping to website client just because it'd be a ton less work to migrate.

I feel like the only thing i'd have left on my system that I felt I needed would be prio swapping, but I'll leave that up to you if you think that's doable in a configurable sort of way that Achaea could handle. 
  • Jhui said:
    think we still need parry, trueparry, clawparry, guarding, mounted on gmcp defs.

Also, on the same lines as the pipe changes, if we can make all defs that require balance/eq but don't use it get automatically put up before queueing.  Stuff like parrying, mounting, summoning breath.

pre-caching.  Anything riftable, allow it to be configured to a number for precaching.

special curing, expand the tree functionality you added to all class specific cures.

Better aeon handling.  You need a system to block your commands.  As far as I can tell, if you enter in anything while aeoned, serverside curing will just resend the curing command over top of your command anyways.  That part is fine, but it means a) you can never enter anything in aeon until you pause, which is correct functionality but b) if you do enter something in, it restarts your curing command instead of just blocking that input like a normal client does.

Essentially, what I am saying here.  Make the aeon affliction not allow you to send any input into the game that would generate the 'sluggish' message unless you turn curing off.

If you added all of these, i might consider swapping to website client just because it'd be a ton less work to migrate.

I feel like the only thing i'd have left on my system that I felt I needed would be prio swapping, but I'll leave that up to you if you think that's doable in a configurable sort of way that Achaea could handle. 

Well, I did ask...

We'll see!

• As Jhui said, customisable usage of class-based curing abilities (rage and fitness for knights) as well as customisable priority switches would be nice. Alternatively, extend GMCP data to make coding it client-side easier: report all balances (not just physical balance and equilibrium) and fix the bug with stackable afflictions.

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    I submitted an idea a while back in game and I don't think it ever got sorted. Please add transmute that is queued to SS. I feel like my life will be complete if you do. 
  • I would like it if WALK TO <citymate>/<landmark>/<whatever> could respect/utilise Clouds and the Gare, for those who have wings/are in dragon. Not sure how easily that could be done, though.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• edited August 2015
    Highlighting. 
    highlight <color> <regex text>
    highlistlist to show all highlights

Gagging.
    gag <regex text>
    gaglist to show all gags
    The Truths hurt. Always.
  • I realise that it's tough to have certain things server-side, like highlighting character names, but having a script pre-written and installed into Nexus upon loading or available to be added into Nexus, so it's essentially client-side but already available might be a viable alternative, especially for newbies/non-coders. 

Having certain scripts available through an "Add-on" tab in the Nexus settings for things that would be immensely useful but difficult to implement server-side may be a worthy alternative in general. There are plenty of scripts available for Mudlet, but this would help retain newbies and new Nexus users from the get go.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Jhaeli said:
    I realise that it's tough to have certain things server-side, like highlighting character names, but having a script pre-written and installed into Nexus upon loading or available to be added into Nexus, so it's essentially client-side but already available might be a viable alternative, especially for newbies/non-coders. 

Having certain scripts available through an "Add-on" tab in the Nexus settings for things that would be immensely useful but difficult to implement server-side may be a worthy alternative in general. There are plenty of scripts available for Mudlet, but this would help retain newbies and new Nexus users from the get go.
    That's a really neat idea. I wonder if it is possible to code the highlighter into nexus so that the users cpu is used for highlights instead of serverside. Seems like it could if the client had the right data fed to it.
  • Colourable criticals!
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Just because I can do this to help figure out what exactly is popular on my end:

I just took a look at mediafire and dropbox and these are the top 10 applicable downloads in order of popularity:

#downloads: name (desc)

634: Elixsum (already implemented)
    427: Rift V3/4 (sorts rift stuff- shows 0 amounts)
    326: Gathering (Gathering script based on area)
    293: Extraction (Extracting script based on area)
    286: Runelore (outrift and sketch)
    233: Tattoos (outrift and ink tattoos)
    231: Room parsing (prints a direction for alertness rather than room name)
    226: GMCP multi-target (populates a table with multiple targets for things like stormhammer- it's broken though)
    208: Offering corpses (offers all corpses, already implemented)
    201: Enemy relay (captures current enemy list and relays to pt)

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • The alertness one is already implemented as well, for reference.
  • Suladan said:
    Highlighting. 

Gagging.
    gag <regex text>
    gaglist to show all gags

Unfortunately, anything like gagging specific text isn't something we're ever likely to have. Its just not technically viable while maintaining the performance we require (and that you guys expect!).
  • Makarios said:
    Suladan said:
    Highlighting. 

Gagging.
    gag <regex text>
    gaglist to show all gags

Unfortunately, anything like gagging specific text isn't something we're ever likely to have. Its just not technically viable while maintaining the performance we require (and that you guys expect!).
    Ok, fair enough. Tunnelvision handles a lot of that anyway - but the highlighting?
    The Truths hurt. Always.
  • Likely no, for the same reason.
  • Sarathai said:
    I would like it if WALK TO <citymate>/<landmark>/<whatever> could respect/utilise Clouds and the Gare, for those who have wings/are in dragon. Not sure how easily that could be done, though.
    Pathfinding is always a tricky prospect, as its one of those things that has to be as optimised as possible. We'll do some investigating into this one, but no promises.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Even Mudlet Mapper doesn't use Gare, so I think that one's a bit of a stretch, but duanathar(an) would be great

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Klendathu said:
    Even Mudlet Mapper doesn't use Gare, so I think that one's a bit of a stretch, but duanathar(an) would be great
    Some of us do have gare scripts for mudlet mapper, so it's not too far off a stretch 
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Austere said:
    Klendathu said:
    Some of us do have gare scripts for mudlet mapper, so it's not too far off a stretch 
    Smug cupcake

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Warp and swimming already take balance into account and such. It doesn't sound difficult at all.
  • Klendathu said:
    Austere said:
    Klendathu said:
    Smug cupcake
    I should have specified that I am neither confirming nor denying that I have such a script.  If I did, though,  I would probably cite it as being a pain in the ass when people are following.