Create an item generator that outputs Magi crystals

Hi there,

I am very sorry for the frequent suggestions. I just had more ideas than normal. I hope I am not driving you guys nuts. X_x

We have the painter's palette for inks -- why not create an item generator that outputs one random Magi crystal per Achaean day? (Randomly one crystal pyramid, crystal disc, crystal sphere, etc.) I know the palette is generally considered underpowered, currently, but the crystal generator would be relevant because to my understanding most people who are not at a House are stuck buying crystals from a denizen. I know the trader's satchel ended up being overpowered, but I think Magi crystals are less of a universal need than commodities, and Magi physically need them to operate as a class. Non-house Magi are therefore hamstrung and there seems to be room for this artefact as a result.

On the other hand, it might be argued that it would reduce the need for the Master Crystal, so the idea may be unwise for that reason. But, there's precedent there too, as smiths no longer need a forge, they can just have a portable one. Portable forges used to be ultra-rare auction items, as I recall.

Thank you for reading my idea.

Comments

• I can understand if an idea actually needs fleshing out to bring it to the forums, but if it's this simple just IDEA it, and admin can reject/add it to the list of stuff to work on.

• @Valkyn : You're right, I should just Idea it.

Sorry to have clogged up the forum. I'll poke at a Divine to delete it when I see one.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Silvarien said:
    Hi there,

On the other hand, it might be argued that it would reduce the need for the Master Crystal, so the idea may be unwise for that reason. But, there's precedent there too, as smiths no longer need a forge, they can just have a portable one. Portable forges used to be ultra-rare auction items, as I recall.

Thank you for reading my idea.
    The example of the portable forges is rather disparate to the reason it might be unwise to add this in relation to the Master Crystal. Forges, even portable ones, don't generate comms, so the existence of portable ones is at most just a convenience. Adding something akin to a palette for crystals would be more than that. Personally, I'd rather they limit such items, instead of adding more of them.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    alternatively you could give pearls to a magi with a house. Most of them don't really have a problem with refining some for you.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Tharvis said:
    alternatively you could give pearls to a magi with a house. Most of them don't really have a problem with refining some for you.

Can still run into the problem of being enemied to that org/city.

Could you imagine playing a rogue Magi that was enemied to every city? Shit would be impossible.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:

Could you imagine playing a rogue Magi that was enemied to every city? Shit would be impossible.

:(
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    if you're not enemied to the Merchants they're still an option.

But otherwise, that is known as : the consequences of your actions
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Tharvis said:
    if you're not enemied to the Merchants they're still an option.

But otherwise, that is known as : the consequences of your actions
    CIJ too! We has cristulz.
    Huh. Neat.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited June 2015
    Atalkez said:

Traders satchels generate comms.

I don't see how adding more crystals to the game would be a hindrance to anything.

5 per hour is 120 crystals per day. Would take someone 20 days to get 2500 of a single type of crystal. Aren't there like 8 types?

Not a big deal and has a place, imo.

11 types, I think. 

Edit: and any magi worth their weight burn way more than 5 crystals an hour.  5 sounds like a good number because you cannot sustain large scale pvp with it, but it would cut down on pearling some.  10/10 would buy