Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Dragon hunting artefacts (help me choose)

UtianimaUtianima Norway and AustriaPosts: 215Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
edited June 2015 in North of Thera
I have some credits to spend, and would love your input on what to buy.

I already have:
  • Shield of Absorption
  • Artefact pipes
  • Hunter's belt (+1 con)
  • Ogre's Gauntlets (+1 str)
  • Mayan ring (lvl 1 health sip)
  • Aldar talisman (+15% quicker eq)
  • Stygian pendant (lvl 3 crit)
I am a runewarden dragon (omnitrans), but hunt and group combat 99.9% as a dragon. My main occupation is hunting (mostly UW/Annwyn), and I help in group combat, mainly city defence. I am not good in PVP, and only helpful in group combat because I am a dragon who can spam dragoncraft abilities.

I don't find myself lacking in PVE defense, so I would like to either up my PVE offense and/or group combat in general. Utility is also something I like, but I feel very comfortable with only the dragon utility abilities.

I have been thinking about getting any of these*:
  • Buckawn's Boots
  • Gem of Cloaking
  • Lasallian Lyre
  • Shackle of Garash
  • Ceylonese ring (lvl 2 health sip)
  • Mayan or Ceylonese bracelet (lvl 1 or lvl 2 health/mana ring)
  • Ring of Vitality (lvl 1 health reg ring)
  • Girdle of the Titans (+2 str)
  • Circlet of the Will (increased willpower regen)
  • Ring of Endurance (increased endurance regen)
*Feel free to suggest other artefacts that might be better for whatever reason.

Thanks in advance for all help :awesome: 

(edit: added a comma)

Tagged:

Comments

  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna bePosts: 3,303Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sip ring for leif. Lyre is nice. You hunt UW/Annwyn a lot so Gem could be helpful, though if someone -really- was trying to jump people, they'd end up doing so.
    Huh. Neat.
    Utianima
  • AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,200Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited June 2015
    If your main focus is bashing, and you don't really care about PvP much at all, constitution (increased health) is worth more than increased sip; I'd probably go for both belt and bracelets over the sip ring purely for PvE. Denizen attacks don't scale off of your maximum health, so you're both reducing the percentage of your health that they hit you for and increasing the amount you sip for at the same time.
    Utianima
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and AustriaPosts: 215Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Ahmet said:
    Sip ring for leif. Lyre is nice. You hunt UW/Annwyn a lot so Gem could be helpful, though if someone -really- was trying to jump people, they'd end up doing so.
    Maybe Lyre, then. How good is it for defence against people jumping me?

    Sip ring sounds nice, but for PVE I don't really need more defence. And gem.. yeah - if people REALLY want a kill, they will find me quick enough. I manage to flee from most attackers anyways.

  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and AustriaPosts: 215Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Antonius said:
    If your main focus is bashing, and you don't really care about PvP much at all, constitution (increased health) is worth more than increased sip; I'd probably go for both belt and bracelets over the sip ring purely for PvE. Denizen attacks don't scale off of your maximum health, so you're both reducing the percentage of your health that they hit you for and increasing the amount you sip for at the same time.
    Good point. I don't really need more defence though. Never die because of health issues in PVE though.

    How much good would +1 strength do for me, in terms of increased damage per gut, or overall DPS?

  • AustereAustere TennesseePosts: 2,063Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Utianima said:
    Antonius said:
    If your main focus is bashing, and you don't really care about PvP much at all, constitution (increased health) is worth more than increased sip; I'd probably go for both belt and bracelets over the sip ring purely for PvE. Denizen attacks don't scale off of your maximum health, so you're both reducing the percentage of your health that they hit you for and increasing the amount you sip for at the same time.
    Good point. I don't really need more defence though. Never die because of health issues in PVE though.

    How much good would +1 strength do for me, in terms of increased damage per gut, or overall DPS?
    I don't have access to attack speeds at work,  but one strength increases base gut by about 19 damage, last time I checked.  790 to 809 vs golem(if that matters)
    Utianima
  • AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,200Member @@ - Legendary Achaean

    How often do you have to run while bashing, though? "Never" dying to damage is easy, but it's not efficient if you have to leave the room after every few attacks. Unless you're just bashing the weaker things in UW and Annwyn, more health is likely going to be the biggest improvement to how quickly you can clear things.

    Utianima
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and AustriaPosts: 215Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Austere said:
    Utianima said:
    Antonius said:
    If your main focus is bashing, and you don't really care about PvP much at all, constitution (increased health) is worth more than increased sip; I'd probably go for both belt and bracelets over the sip ring purely for PvE. Denizen attacks don't scale off of your maximum health, so you're both reducing the percentage of your health that they hit you for and increasing the amount you sip for at the same time.
    Good point. I don't really need more defence though. Never die because of health issues in PVE though.

    How much good would +1 strength do for me, in terms of increased damage per gut, or overall DPS?
    I don't have access to attack speeds at work,  but one strength increases base gut by about 19 damage, last time I checked.  790 to 809 vs golem(if that matters)
    Thanks!

  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and AustriaPosts: 215Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

    Antonius said:

    How often do you have to run while bashing, though? "Never" dying to damage is easy, but it's not efficient if you have to leave the room after every few attacks. Unless you're just bashing the weaker things in UW and Annwyn, more health is likely going to be the biggest improvement to how quickly you can clear things.

    I only have to hit and run the DKs that follow me, occasionally scorpions, and groups of Sidhe and Unsidhe - 2 is ok (except Fomori depending on their afflictions), but 3 or more I need to be careful. Aside from that's it's pretty much never. 

    I honestly get your point, but with runes, moss and the artefacts I already have, I seem to not have to worry about health in PVE anymore (at least for where I am hunting now).

  • TahquilTahquil Posts: 3,746Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I found artefacts tattoos helped me quite a bit. Things like boar, moss, tree. I ended up artefacting my mindseye plus others so I never have to stop hunting to re-ink or carry inks about.
    AereidhnaExelethrilUtianimaBrean
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and AustriaPosts: 215Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Tahquil said:
    I found artefacts tattoos helped me quite a bit. Things like boar, moss, tree. I ended up artefacting my mindseye plus others so I never have to stop hunting to re-ink or carry inks about.
    Great idea! I already have boar and tree artefacts tattoos. Forgot to list them, sorry.

    Might get a moss and shield one.. So many choices :)

  • SarathaiSarathai Posts: 2,139Member
    I've gone back and forth on an artifact moss tattoo for a while. Definitely look into a moon and/or megalith one, maybe.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."



    Utianima
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaPosts: 4,565Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    During the recent plague event with the hoards of undead, I (as someone hunting in dragon) invested in an artefact tree tattoo.

    Absolutely no regrets at all.
    "You have had an extraordinary adventure, my dear. Extraordinary! One that few people could ever imagine. Treasure it. Keep it safe and secure, tucked away in some special place in your heart. 

    But... don't spend the rest of your days chasing a ghost."
    UtianimaKasya
  • SarathaiSarathai Posts: 2,139Member
    Melodie said:
    During the recent plague event with the hoards of undead, I (as someone hunting in dragon) invested in an artefact tree tattoo.
    I remember wondering why I was using mine so much, only to realise that I'd somehow gone through almost 2500 ginseng in one afternoon.

    But yes. Artied tree tattoos are amazing. I've got tree, boar, moon, ox, megalith and shield permanencied thus far. Only one I sort of semi-regret is the shield, but not really even then, I just don't find myself using it all that much (especially not while bashing). I've gotten a lot of mileage out of the others, though.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."



    UtianimaKasya
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and AustriaPosts: 215Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    @Sarathai and @Melodie: Thanks for the artie tattoo suggestions. I am afraid I forgot to add them to my "already have" list, and now I can't edit it. I already have a tree and a boar artie tattoo, but will definitely consider getting ox/megalith/shield/moss as well.

  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and AustriaPosts: 215Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited June 2015
    I went with the gauntlets (+2 str), as I feel don't really feel lacking in PVE defence right now. It'll give me a tiny bit more "oomph" offense wise, and also helps when I want to get more into runewarden PVE and PVP. Next on my list is more artefact tattoos. Thanks all for your feedback and suggestions!

    (edit: rewrote a sentence, and added a new one)

Sign In to Comment.