Jester cheese artefacts

Hi there,

Hope I am not putting too many ideas in a short period of time. >.<

There are three artefacts for Jesters that are pieces of cheese, for suicide mice. Any chance they could be made to have a secondary effect of acting as bait for RATS? So, you drop the wheel of cheese, and a veritable flood of rats begins, and then the thing of cheese disappears for a while. The flood continues longer for lvl 2 cheese than lvl 1 cheese, and longer for lvl 3 cheese than lvl 2 cheese. This would mostly be cool for novices, possibly to create a novice-style Rampage as they compete for who can kill the most rats, and given the artefact being cheese the secondary function makes pretty good sense.

It might be necessary to cap the number of rat-floods possible in the whole City in an Achaean month, (like, make one flood possible in an Achaean day, or one in two Achaean days, or one in three,) because this could too easily be abused for gold out of rats. But if controlled properly, it would allow for an awesome event for novices, and an awesome function for novices.

By "flood" I mean the sort of thing that happens by standing at the entrance to Graveyard in Azdun. Non-stop, lengthy FLOOD, that lasts longer depending on lvl 1, lvl 2, lvl 3 cheese. Would make a great event for novices, esp if used in Arena.

Thank you for reading my idea.

Comments

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    @Silvarien so basically, an artefact to mimick the Rondo ability in Bards their Harmonics skillset?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• @Tharvis : I corrected the OP to respond because I still had time to. Rondo and the Obsidian Panpipes artie that mimick it allow 5 rats rather than 3 in a given room ,and then you need to use it again in the next room. What I am thinking is a flood of rats like at the entrance of the Graveyard in Azdun, you need to stab and slash for like 5 minutes to deal with it. But because of what it is, the cheese would need a substantial city-wide cooldown or this would be abused for gold and experience even by people who don't normally rat anymore.
  • But we use cheese to fish for mice, or has that been removed?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    Sobriquet said:
    But we use cheese to fish for mice, or has that been removed?
    no, Jesters still use cheese to fish for mice. the cheese arte increases how many mice you can train, since it got capped a while back.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Aktillum said:
    Sobriquet said:
    But we use cheese to fish for mice, or has that been removed?
    no, Jesters still use cheese to fish for mice. the cheese arte increases how many mice you can train, since it got capped a while back.
    TBH, who actually has this artie though? I can imagine it having been bought like... twice, in its history.
    Huh. Neat.
  • All ya need is just one mouse and all hell breaks loose... Needless to say still yet to see any use for the cheese artie as a jester already have a whole army of mice waiting to be trained to do my bidding..
    edited June 2015
    Yes, the cheese arte is barely useful because mice are barely useful.

Mice for awhile were an incredible utility in raids that nobody ever used, because only the House CIJ could train mice for a long time, and the House CIJ has always had nearly zero combatants/raiders (except Bonko). So their utility was overlooked for a long, long time.

@Dunn will remember me standing on clouds with an army of 20+ mice, ordering them to attack Ashtan defendable. Was hilarious for about a week until it was nerfed.

• Uh.... no, mice are absolutely amazing. By far one of the best things about Jester.

i'm a rebel

Tesha said:
    Uh.... no, mice are absolutely amazing. By far one of the best things about Jester.
    Are they? I haven't been a Jester in about a year. The one good use I remember about them was for ranged puppet concussion/slowlock set-ups.

• Definitely. You can do awful, awful things with mice. It doesn't take balance to drop them or order them to kill the target, and the stun is instant. They're actually borderline OP. I think you can mickey, aeon, order mouse kill target/throw curare, throw kalmia, aeon to get the target in aeon with mickey, paralysis, and asthma. I never used them because ordering tiny cute things to their death isn't something Tesha would do, but the potential is super strong.

i'm a rebel

• Yea, Suicide Mice are completely broken if you actually know how to use them. I'm with Tesha on that one. :lol: 
    I was under the impression that mouse exploding hits everyone in the room though, including yourself.

• It does. It's a strategy that you'd need to be able to leave the room for, but with queueing it'd still be instant and balance-free. You can also drop/use mice while prone, so you could drop mouse/tumble/order mouse kill target, I think. 

i'm a rebel

• edited June 2015
    Taking away my mouse strat muahaha
  • OP but also very high maintenance, as with much of jester. But since I class changed lots of things have been fixed in jester that make me relatively excited to get back into it.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.