Nexus (HTML5) client updates!

Comments

• The highlighted buttons for battlerage attacks are excellent.  Great job overall, guys.
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    I posted the client screenshot to 9gag by the way, under the Geeky section >.> It got 4 upvotes from strangers within an hour, so if you have a 9gag account, go and upvote it. Maybe it can hit Trending :O

http://9gag.com/gag/axZxejM

• Vanceroth said:
    Greys said:
    It definitely looks pretty amazing and you guys also fixed a bug that make the wilderness map go away while sailing. Hopefully, it will help with us retaining new players.
    I'm a new player and I'm all in! Never played a MUD before but this game is pretty addictive and...fascinating.
    How'd you find us, @Vanceroth?
    edited June 2015
    Vanceroth said:
    @Sarapis
    I discovered Iron Realms on an engine search (don't remember which one, specifically; probably Ixquick, since that's what I tend to use). The search terms would have been something like "free online rpg"--something unrelated to the game, specifically, since up till then I had never heard of the company or any of its games. So I went to the site and read the descriptions for the various games. I chose to try Achaea (as opposed to the others) based on that information alone. I became interested. Cursory research into the game told me little other than it has been very successful and, intriguingly, has been purported to have (possibly) the most intricate combat of any game ever made. I figured it sounded like a reasonable first MUD to experiment with.
    Interesting. Never heard of Ixquick. Do you remember the exact search term? I put "free online rpg" into Ixquick (with quotation marks) and couldn't seem to find any IRE related sites. Did you land on the Iron Realms website, or Achaea? Wondering if you landed on one of the old SEO-tagged articles they used to publish.

• Aktillum said:
    Vanceroth said:
    @Sarapis
    I discovered Iron Realms on an engine search (don't remember which one, specifically; probably Ixquick, since that's what I tend to use). The search terms would have been something like "free online rpg"--something unrelated to the game, specifically, since up till then I had never heard of the company or any of its games. So I went to the site and read the descriptions for the various games. I chose to try Achaea (as opposed to the others) based on that information alone. I became interested. Cursory research into the game told me little other than it has been very successful and, intriguingly, has been purported to have (possibly) the most intricate combat of any game ever made. I figured it sounded like a reasonable first MUD to experiment with.
    Interesting. Never heard of Ixquick. Do you remember the exact search term? I put "free online rpg" into Ixquick (with quotation marks) and couldn't seem to find any IRE related sites. Did you land on the Iron Realms website, or Achaea? Wondering if you landed on one of the old SEO-tagged articles they used to publish.
    No, not sure precisely the search terms (not even sure it was Ixquick. I sometimes use Duck Duck Go and Yahoo, or Google if I'm desperate). I may have even changed the search terms upon seeing something more relevant mentioned. Usually when I am searching for something I will have a plethora of tabs, generally multiple search engines and sometimes multiple browsers open, so it's about impossible for me to say which terms in which engine led me to stumble upon it. I do know that Iron Realms, and ultimately Achaea, was what happened to strike my fancy.

I'll see if I can't try to recreate some of those searches and figure out which site it was that led me to ironrealms.com
    Fetch water,
    Carry the Moon
    -Cogitations and Ponderations of Disciple Vanceroth, Student of the Trine
    Vanceroth said:
    Aktillum said:
    Vanceroth said:
    @Sarapis
    No, not sure precisely the search terms (not even sure it was Ixquick. I sometimes use Duck Duck Go and Yahoo, or Google if I'm desperate). I may have even changed the search terms upon seeing something more relevant mentioned. Usually when I am searching for something I will have a plethora of tabs, generally multiple search engines and sometimes multiple browsers open, so it's about impossible for me to say which terms in which engine led me to stumble upon it. I do know that Iron Realms, and ultimately Achaea, was what happened to strike my fancy.

I'll see if I can't try to recreate some of those searches and figure out which site it was that led me to ironrealms.com
    Don't trouble yourself if its a bother, with that sort of search method (multiple tabs + multiple queries) there's literally hundreds of terms that could've landed you on IronRealms.com and combinations of "free MMORPG" or "best online RPGs" and the like would've done it.

• @Aktillum
    Well, the short answer is: I found it entirely by accident. Moreover, I remember the name Iron Realms caught my attention because I thought it was a site my brother had referenced before, though that turned out not even to be the case =)
    Fetch water,
    Carry the Moon
    -Cogitations and Ponderations of Disciple Vanceroth, Student of the Trine
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    For some reason, the new client works on my work computer but wouldn't work on my home computer. When I opened the java console and try to log in, it tells me that it's not able to find something called a 'synclist'. I tried it on both chrome and firefox.

Something that's likely on my side though? I don't understand why it goes all wonky. :(
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• I had a friend tell me the client didn't work for him. He managed to vanish the 'login' popup and get in anyway.

It keeps randomly logging me out, even if I'm just carrying on as usual, and my internet is fine.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Was using the beta, but this is damn fine. GJ devs.

• I like it. But it gave me some unplayable lag spikes - I don't get them in Mudlet, and it's not a common thing for me to get them in anything browser based, but they were bad enough that I'd be staring at an unmoving screen for ten seconds while a mud crab killed me.
  • Even on a giant 1920x1080 display, this is so nice.
  • Yeah, I have a big display too and I prefer the narrower gauges as well.
  • I already bugged it in game, but since the addition of the shieldbreaker, the button highlights are off by 1 after the shield breaking ability. Also the last ability is now missing a button.
  • Thanks for highlighting that bug, Keneanung.
  • The client is still repeatedly throwing me off. I'm not sure if this is an ipad or safari issue or a general one, as I use mudlet on my main computer. It's pretty much unplayable though. It's prevalent enough (maybe every 5 mins) that I can only really log in to check stuff on my ship, as I know if I get thrown off there I can't get robbed or drop anything important.

• I'm getting it too. It seems to happen most often if I don't do anything for a while. When I then go do an action, it can take upwards of 10s to register and sometimes just completely stops - I have to close the tab and open a new one if I want to do anything. I assumed it was just my connection since I just moved and pinging achaea.com is showing some dropped packets, but maybe not?

It's also taking forever to offer me the chance to load my reflexes, last time I logged in it was probably about 45 seconds before the dialog popped up.

Additionally: is there any way we could get an option to make it select Yes by default? I can't think of any time I didn't want it to load my reflexes and you can always just hit the lightning bolt button if you need to disable them).
  • edited June 2015
    I just decided to wait longer when it appeared to "freeze". It appears that it really is some sort of insane latency issue - after more than a minute, the commands did go through.

I'm not really sure what's happening. I'm in NYC and my connection is fine (no problems in anything other than Achaea). Pinging each hop along the route shows that they're all fine aside from Achaea (dropped packets) and the three hops just before it called "Servernap" (66.252.3.161, 66.252.0.65, 66.252.0.134, none of which can be pinged to diagnose). No idea if those are the host's routers, but that could maybe be the source of other people's problems too.
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited June 2015
    Mine just throws me to the login screen, with no lag. Sounds like two different things.

Also it takes 2-3 tries to log in in the first place, it just zaps back to the login screen at first, password/login info all correct.

• Tael said:
    I'm getting it too. It seems to happen most often if I don't do anything for a while. When I then go do an action, it can take upwards of 10s to register and sometimes just completely stops - I have to close the tab and open a new one if I want to do anything. I assumed it was just my connection since I just moved and pinging achaea.com is showing some dropped packets, but maybe not?

It's also taking forever to offer me the chance to load my reflexes, last time I logged in it was probably about 45 seconds before the dialog popped up.

Is this on an ipad too?
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    If you could try again now, and let me know if it's still persisting?
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    edited June 2015
    Just something I noticed - when browsing wares in a shop, the client doesn't seem to have spaces between the bins. Minor annoyance, but nothing too big - not sure if that's over all clients or just my settings or something though.

[Velvet stands of glittering jewellery]

dagger490414 a small brazen hair dagger 3 2000gp

Dmg: 46; To-hit: 173; Spd: 214

cufflinks235008 ivory cufflinks with locust designs 1 2800gp

cufflinks365246 blade-shaped cufflinks of bright gold 1 5200gp

choker358322 a black velvet choker set with a cobalt sapp 1 9500gp

[Concealed back room of emergency supplies]

tun101823 an elixir of health (refill only) 8 300gp

tun103986 a salve of restoration (refill only) 19 300gp

Well, it doesn't show it well here, but basically there's no additional space.

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Testing it now, will leave it open for a while and see if it closes again.

It still took two attempts to log in as usual.

• Yup, still throwing me back to the login screen after only a few minutes, while not afk or lagging.

• Sarapis said:
    Tael said:
    I'm getting it too. It seems to happen most often if I don't do anything for a while. When I then go do an action, it can take upwards of 10s to register and sometimes just completely stops - I have to close the tab and open a new one if I want to do anything. I assumed it was just my connection since I just moved and pinging achaea.com is showing some dropped packets, but maybe not?

Is this on an ipad too?
    No, this was just on a normal desktop PC.
    Tecton said:
    If you could try again now, and let me know if it's still persisting?
    It seems to have gotten a lot better. The lag earlier today was so long that I was losing battlerage every minute or so, and now it seems back to what I'm used to. I'm not seeing quite as long a login or delay on the reflex loading dialog either, or those really long pauses when I come back to the tab after a minute. Whatever changed seems to have worked!
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited June 2015
    client.js:144 WebSocket connection to 'ws://achaea.com/socket/' failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Here's my problem. This thing keeps throwing me off for some reason, and I don't know why this is happening. Something to do with javascript loading for the client orrrr?

The handshake just doesn't happen, so it looks like it's the problem with the localhost the socket is bound to? ??
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Hmm, it might be an issue with a proxy server or something that doesn't understand websockets (a relatively new technology) - @Ruth if you can go to http://www.lagado.com/proxy-test and then email me the results, I'll see if that's the case.