RP vs OOC (Athelas vs Me)

AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
It has come to my attention that some players are convinced that Athelas's actions IG is a reflection of my personal mental stability.

Fact: Everything Athelas has ever done IG has been complete 100% RP.

Just because some individuals don't know how to deal with reality does not mean I suffer such a malady.

I've actually put a ridiculous amount of effort into playing this right. Every pose, every damn emote and yes, even that bloody poem. Stuff like this does not just appear on paper, you have to work on it.
Everything he has done, has been thoroughly calculated (by me) to reflect exactly HIS emotional state.

As for my own state, I'm quite fine thank you, I'm down right peachy!

Athelas on the other hand, no he was pretty screwed up and will carry the scars of this event in his life.

Think about it people! How would it play out if someone was factually in a relationship, where they gave their all and got hurt like he did? Would a real person walk away from that and just shrug it off?
To make it worse, he is a hopeless romantic scholar, I've always played him that way. He loves so completely that when this happened, he was just as completely shattered!

So I'm playing his damage.

To everyone that's been playing along, I do appreciate it. It's seriously awesome RP. Having him begging Mhaldorians and Ashtani to kill him was EXACTLY what he as a character should have done. He was literally trying to convince Thoth to NOT let him return.

Damn, ask Krux he called Krux a weakling for not being able to send him to Thoth permanently.

So... Please, give me a bit of credit here. I've really been trying to portray this stuff correctly.

To those of you uncomfortable with it, he is well on his way to recovery and won't be making any more scenes.

Take a chill pill and relax. Just watch him make a fool of himself and have some fun.

We good now? Happy?

Thank you!

Comments

• I knew you were rp-ing, but the excerpt I got was really irritating. It sucks that some people tied it to you the player.
  • I was checking QW a few times to see if I could find Athelas IC yesterday.