Full Scale Sea Map for sailing

edited May 2015 in The Blank Canvas
Several people have asked if I still provide sea maps. As chops had changed since my old one I was in the process of creating a freshly updated one. Unfortunately due to some events of my own in game I won't be able to finish it right now. I hope to get back to it eventually but not for some time.

With the current interest of seafaring I decided to offer my 3/4th finished map to the public. Maybe someone else will take up finishing it. I hope to add the wilderness on the mainland too when I do get back to working on it. Two maps included. One shows wind direction on the sea. Enjoy, sorry for the not finished!

-(Really hoping they auto resize for browser since I'm going to post them full scale...)

Comments

• I'm taking off on Vacation, but had already gotten a hold of Lynara's 3+ year old one and was debating whether to update it or start fresh.

If no one else is interesting in taking this on, I'll definitely give it a go.  I can't start on it though until the middle of June, so I'll wait and see if any one else is interested.

Awesome Job Zulah!

• Czanthria said:

I'm taking off on Vacation, but had already gotten a hold of Lynara's 3+ year old one and was debating whether to update it or start fresh.

If no one else is interesting in taking this on, I'll definitely give it a go.  I can't start on it though until the middle of June, so I'll wait and see if any one else is interested.

Awesome Job Zulah!

Around then is when I hope to finish it. Just busy with some other things right now and some in game things came up that effect my sailing. I was just hoping to release it for the plague event and since it wasn't finished yet. I figured most was more helpful than none
  • http://d01.megashares.com/dl/qp3puI9/AchaeaSeaMapVer1.5.png

Zulah - I've done the southern portion of the main continent (safer than trying to sail right now and be mostly not paying attention). 

Gotta get to packing now. 

• edited May 2015
    @Czanthria Thanks! I actually had a few offers to assist with the ocean part.

My end game plan was to make an entire wilderness map and put it on one of my websites making it use some googlemaps code with clickables. Going to add clickable cities and harbors that bring up the help file for each. Someone else suggested we might put in some "zone overlays" that show the mobs and bashing levels for that zone. Got some code people interested in helping me including my own coding knowledge. Expecting the basic concept to be done in 1-2 months. I welcome any other ideas that people think would be useful to a player without giving away things they should learn in game (IE no showing trade deals, quests, special zones like UW..)
  • Sarapis said:
    @Zulah We'd be happy to host that kind of thing on our site if you wanted. Sounds potentially very useful/interesting.
    Sounds great! Whence I get something up and running I'll send it your way
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Eh use the illustrated map and just wing it #thuglyfe
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    That's pretty awesome, I did pick it up faintly through the scale of the map and intensive squinting and was wondering if you used it to help you along the way.

also I made a terrible mistake by opening it on my phone. Ahhhh it's going to explode
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Zulah Is that just some random ship you caught on your map east of the Tears, with weird highlighting?
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    @Zulah Is that just some random ship you caught on your map east of the Tears, with weird highlighting?
    That's my ship from the screenshot. I go through and delete my ship after a few. Missed one!
  • edited September 2015

Ok... got another update 3.0.  Now I have to take a break for a week and catch up on my studies.

Continuity between chops now.  Mine look like Zulah's.  Thank you Josoul for teaching me one of those OMGoodness TERRIBLE awful triggers to have to figure out.  *cough* \^ match all and highlight black foreground, black background. 

Everything is done up to Minos.

Including the amoeba and Clockwork.

I have to go and look around Targossas.  I don't think those are correct.

Enjoy!  Check back again in a couple of weeks and I should have all the chops done.

Cz

PS - leave a note here or send me a message on Achaea if you find anything that needs updating (other than the north eastern portion of the map.

• Zulah said:
    Ahmet said:
    That's my ship from the screenshot. I go through and delete my ship after a few. Missed one!

That's Zulah's self portrait!
  • Gawd I didn't know it is so HUGE!

Thank you!
  • To download the latest updates, please go to www.megashares.com and do a search on Achaeanseamap and you should be able to see and download the latest update.  I didn't do any chops today, but I have completed the wilderness area from north of Tenwat.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    After a bit of researching, the only way to do a search on that website is to have a paid account. Is there another way to put up the updates, please?
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • page @Sarapis and @Tecton. Sarapis offered to host it maybe that will work best?
  • Yeah, we can easily host it on the Achaea site. Why don't you email it to me, Czanthria? matt@ironrealms.com
  • Perfect timing @Sarapis.  I just finished the chops!  Emailing it to you now.

@Melodie - you just have to register.  To get unlimited download you have to pay.  But that's moot now, as Achaea will have it.

Next project is the mainland.  I'm working my way from north to south.

• http://d01.megashares.com/dl/dJqsNpH/AchaeaSeaMap Ver 3.5.png

And for those of you that simply can't wait to have the northern chops.... here ya go

• Czanthria said:

http://d01.megashares.com/dl/dJqsNpH/AchaeaSeaMap Ver 3.5.png

And for those of you that simply can't wait to have the northern chops.... here ya go

Great work. Thanks for finishing that off! I remember how long the west side and Meropis took me. I wasn't looking forward to that zone!
  • That upcoming event where the chops get totally changed is going to be kewl.
  • Sarapis said:
    That upcoming event where the chops get totally changed is going to be kewl.
    Is it multiclass? If it's multiclass it's okay!
  • I wish. @Silas is still slacking.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited September 2015
    Sarapis said:
    Noooo!

(unless you're deleting chops, then yaay!)
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Do they really want to overshadow the Great Hunt and Adryn Keep events with multiclass or wait until after to release it? 

P.S. The right answer is release multiclass today.
  • Sarapis said:
    You really do hate me!
  • TitonusTitonus Youngstown, Ohio
    Sarapis said:
    @Zulah We'd be happy to host that kind of thing on our site if you wanted. Sounds potentially very useful/interesting.
    suddenly turns into
    Sarapis said:
    with the quickness. lol