Town of Salem

That thing I'm playing when I'm not playing osu! or Achaea. Jester strategies? Biggest pet peeves? Best custom death animation?

Comments

• Not sure if "Town of Salem" and "OSU" are video games or if Oregon is just really boring.
  • RaemRaem Los Angeles
    If you know UnCyrenian Families or the game 'mafia,' it's like that but with a bunch more roles and abilities. http://town-of-salem.wikia.com/wiki/
  • edited May 2015
    Is it anything like ultimate werewolf?

Ah, so it's like a mashup up ultimate werewolf and shadow hunters. 
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Biggest pet peeve is people throwing games!

I use a few different strategies for Jester but it depends on the game that I get. Also largely depends if it's classic or any all. I mostly play any all games.
    -You can try playing the Executioner route and try to get someone lynched, and hoping it'll backfire to get you lynched instead.
    -Claim Lookout and say suchandsuch was seen visiting someone that died, if enough people support them you get lynched.
    -Try for a random lynching.
    -Claim Arso or Amnesiac. I'm not sure why but people are super keen on lynching amnesiacs. Actually, they do that with Survivors a lot of the time too.
    -Be a douche troll. Not something that I've ever done in a game, but I've seen people that are annoying as fk get lynched simply because people don't want to see them in chat anymore. Half these people end up reported, so probably not an ideal method.
    -Try making deals with Mafia, if you discover who they are. Doesn't always work but sometimes does.
    -Claim Jester. Sometimes people are decent and get you lynched. Sometimes they don't believe you and get you lynched when they think you're trying to avoid getting lynched as another role.

Probably countless other methods out there. I usually play with friends so the fun outweighs crappy games and/or roles.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I hate playing Jester so much. I'm not a big fan of the evil roles either, lol. I like playing town and figuring it out. 

• I played some ToS with a group I sometimes hang with. There were like 10 of us and five randoms, the 10 of us were on teamspeak just joshing around, having a riotious good time(... and obviously conspiring to get rid of anyone who was not in our group first... :3)

Anyway, my best game as Jester, I named myself Mr. Spock... and, I roleplayed the role of Mr. Spock. You know, logic and shizz. All for the prospect of convincing people to lynch innocent people so that they would lynch me so I could jester them. ... For some dumb reason, I kept guessing who the villians were in my random pickings D: So people actually trusted me! Fortunately, they got suspicious quickly and thought I was bad news... since I was jester, and wanted to die, I didn't really try to convince them to not kill me. It was glorious. My final words, "I am, and forever will be, your friend."

And then I killed a serial killer by haunting him XD ... ... it was also the guy I was trying to get the town to lynch too. WHY DO I GUESS SO WELL?!
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • A few strategies- I'd claim either Vet or Vigilante as Jester. Most of the time the mafia will control the vote by the time I do and will lynch me. Biggest pet peeve- people getting the quieter town roles at the start of the game then leaving the game, unbalancing the game against town. Other good startegy- accuse someone off the start of the game. People will assume executioner and you'll get lynched, if not early in the game later perhaps, but then again there's the off chance that someone just attacks you anyways and you die. In general though, try to act like a mafia would. Accuse town members of being mafia, you can generally find out which ones are which, then when town members die and you had accused them, claim survivor. WHY WOULD A SURVIVOR ACCUSE PEOPLE? HE'S SK OR ARSO! Then you'll have both the mafia and the town willing to vote you dead.