What are your best playing times?

JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
edited May 2015 in North of Thera
I tend to run events around the Serenade (0 GMT ish) on weekends because that seems to be peak period for Achaea, but this means that a lot of people miss out, which I think is quite unfortunate. I do want to try and create some events for a wider audience, but unfortunately I do also have to take into account who will and who won't be around, as well as their interests. I'm active enough to sort of relatively know who is interested in what around Achaea, but what I don't know is your times.

So, if you would help me out and show me what times there are people around enough for larger scale events, maybe there can be some variation in terms of event times! As peak times are usually on weekends, please assume that the times listed in this poll are for weekends. So, 0 GMT here in Asia would be 8 am for me on Sunday morning, but for Americans it might be 6 pm on a Saturday, if that makes any sense.

It's a difficult poll to really make choices for, so feel free to vote and comment with additional times that you're around or if one category doesn't quite fit, just pick the best. Use the TIME command or HELP GMT in game to help you convert GMT - I'm afraid I don't know anything about EST!
If you like my stories, you can find them here:
Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

Comments

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    To start off, there aren't multiple checkbox polls here (or if there are then I'm blind and didn't see them) but I'm usually around from 0-4 and 12-16. 0-4 is when I'm probably most likely to be here though so I picked that.

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Most of the day from Serenade onwards of a Saturday, but typically 18+ GMT on any other day (except Fridays, I don't hop on most Fridays cause I'm busy)
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    mornings/early afternoons and really late at night, Pacific Time.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
    edited May 2015
    Mornings/afternoons/nights and Friday/Saturday/Sunday are all subjective for me, so GMT answers are better if you can! I believe for most people it should all either be Saturday or Sunday.

Feel free to give multiple answers in your comments, just make sure they're all in GMT.

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    4-8 GMT. 
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    I want a 18-22 box :D
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Oceana said:
    I want a 18-22 box :D
    we're so left out  :'(
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

Well that's why the comments section exists so you can tell me! :P I can't edit the poll but I"ll take it into account.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it going.

• I meant to say 8+ GMT not 18+ GMT, haha. 18+ is GMT+10, which is my timezone...
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited May 2015
    Depends on whether it's British Summer Time or not, but in the UK summer it's 2000h - 2300h GMT and in the UK winter it's 2100h - 0000h GMT.

During the working week (Mon to Fri), I am often around during the daytime hours, on and off between 1000h and 1600h

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Mine is extremely variable due to shift work. However, if I'm basing it around office hours week, then I'm free 0-4 GMT, or 12-16 GMT.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• I'm GMT +10, so generally I'm at work most of the day, and when I get home at night, I'll log on. Weekends I'm available more often, but it depends on whether I'm doing stuff that morning or not (housework, usually; cleaning, laundry, etc.).
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    14-18 m

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • My free times vary within the scope of about 10GMT to 24GMT, but I picked 20-24 because even if I'm out in the evening I'm usually back at least some part of that, whereas if I'm out during the day it tends to be for a long stretch.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I'm kinda on the fence with this. It's true that I can easily play the same times as you around 0 GMT but I'm also more awake about 12 hours later. 

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    It's too bad that this isn't a checkbox poll because, depending on whether Lachlan is working late or not, I'm around between 18:00-5:00 gmt.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
    It looks like the Serenade slot is leading by a mile right now! I guess that at least means we've been running events at the right times!

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    I also want an 18-22 box :)

I've learned that events only start at 0GMT which is 2am in the morning for me. Occasionally, I'll push to be at an event if it's important enough.
  • JeslynJeslyn United States
    Mornings (Anytime from 16-22 GMT) are the best time for me. Having a really busy social life prevents me from doing anything at night.  :(
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Glad you want to involve people! The RP groups seem really cliquey and self involved so I love seeing people include others. I put +4 because that's when I know I can be around though I generally may pop in and out throughout the day up to like +18-19 (zero GMT is like 7 pm my time so it's weird). Curse the motherland for her insistence on basing things around tiny villages. WHEN WILL WE RID OURSELVES OF THIS TYRANNY?! #Murica
  • Gmt awake hours are best.
  • darn second shift work, I miss everything
  • I seem to be in some of the least active times, which is what I had expected. I don't think there will be much for me, but at least with this poll, I can see some alternatives.
  • Rangor said:
    Gmt awake hours are best.
    My best playing times are the ones in my dreams. Totally killed you in a duel once... in my dreams.

• To answer the question, though.. I can't answer right now because I'm half the world away from home.

• Im +2 so weekends any time between 10am and 10pm is great for me.

Weekdays like 5pm to 10pm (Curse you, desk job!) So pretty much exactly when the Aussies are asleep (apparently they also play this game :P)
  • RaemRaem Los Angeles
    PST Represent
  • More like serenade to 6 GMT
  • im on the east coast of the US and I work third shift mostly but here lately I`M working both 1st and 3rd but I like playing early am
  • Tibitha said:
    So pretty much exactly when the Aussies are asleep (apparently they also play this game :P)
    Yes. Yes we do. :confused: