Question about random DCs and being "logged out"

AktillumAktillum Philippines
So I have crappy internet in the Phils and I get randomly DC'd from Achaea like, a lot. My question is, sometimes when I DC from Achaea, I come back fully deffed, and other times when I DC, I come back completely undeffed. What causes this? Its not my TIMEOUT because I'll re-connect within like 10 seconds to a couple minutes after being DC'd.

Comments

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    Examples:

DC'd from Achaea, reconnect within <30 seconds, come back completely deffed.

Enter an option or enter your character's name.
    What is your password? Password correct. Welcome to Achaea.
    Your last login was from domain:

Your moss tattoo tingles slightly.
    The vitality of the black boar begins to flow through you.
    The light of the moon illuminates you.
    Lofty platform.
    The bright sun shines down, blanketing you with its life-giving warmth. A runic totem is planted
    solidly in the ground. Water surges free from the pierced xylem of a mighty oak, attending to an
    effigy of the Goddess of the Cataclysm. Mounted atop a woodland bear, a forest archer keenly scans
    the sprawling canopy. There are 4 Briar Knights here. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular
    monolith is on the ground. Resting here with a haughty expression is a golden gryphon. Smelling of
    charcoal and acrid metal, a soot-coloured bull stands here. A large, white tundra wolf stands here,
    alert.  Yae Dawyn is here. She wields an Yggdrasian splinter in both hands. Magistrar Ellodin
    Longshanks, the Gaian Rose is here.
    You see exits leading northeast, southeast, and west.

DC'd from Achaea, reconnect within <30 seconds, come back completely undeffed.

Enter an option or enter your character's name.
    What is your password? Password correct. Welcome to Achaea.
    Your last login was from domain:

Your moss tattoo tingles slightly.
    The vitality of the black boar begins to flow through you.
    The light of the moon illuminates you.
    You are blind and can see nothing but darkness.
    4300h, 6710m, 20400e, 29400w exdb-

• This might be help.
    http://www.lusternia.com/node/26813

here is some bits..

Estarra
    ..many defenses are on a node database and not a persona database to prevent bloat.

Roroak
    Per Estarra, it saves space since there are a few hundred node records using RAM vs. thousands of character records. One thing I will note is that it is preserved in one situation. If you login while your character is still on another node and it disconnects that other connection, it will copy all your defs to your new connection. But if your first connection gives us a TCP close signal then it gets released for new players to use, which obviously zaps everything.
    ----
    Anyways It doesnt seem to have anything to do with your personal time out setting though, different game but probly the same concept ire wide. I think.
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    That makes sense, thanks for posting that @Drodak.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    I always come back fully deffed when DC'd on Chrome, but always undeffed when DC'd on Internet Explorer -- which seems interesting to me.

One more reason to stay away from Internet Explorer, kids.