Ship Trade - Crates and Baskets

Comments

• I'm going to beat you to death with this stupid fishing rod.
  • You open an unmarked wooden crate.

Thick oak planks are nailed together to form this solid wooden crate, its seams 
    carefully sealed with a coating of tar. The lid is the heaviest panel of all and 
    fits snugly, each corner further secured with tacks hammered flat. A heavy 
    application of pitch coats the sides, obscuring any identifying marks the 
    container may have once borne.
    It has 30 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 150 pounds.
    An unmarked wooden crate is holding:
    "pole149003"                            a rudimentary deep sea fishing pole
    It contains a total of 1 items of a max of 1.

You take a rudimentary deep sea fishing pole from an unmarked wooden crate.
    An unmarked wooden crate crumbles to dust before your eyes.

Crafting a slender yet immensely strong fishing pole, a single length of young 
    bamboo is reinforced by a weave of dried okapi hide; applied fresh and sun dried,
     the lattice now tightly encases the rod's core. A series of metal rings, each 
    decreasing in size from the wrapped handle and reel to the tip, guide the pale 
    yellow filament that feeds from a simple spool, through the loops, to a sinister 
    three-barbed hook.
    It has 100 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 7 pounds.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Aereidhna.
  • Constructed of heavy gauge solid copper with glass panels and heavy brass trim, 
    this smart lantern is weighted for hanging stability and reliable service in 
    even the roughest of seas. Behind a latch-secured door reside the oil well and, 
    protected within the yellowed chimney, a blackened wick awaits a flame. 
    Embellishing, but also serving the fixture by adding strength, a cage of fine 
    tentacles reaches upwards to cradle the glass. The lamp's base from whence the 
    tendrils stretch is polished to a glossy shine, and is smoothly rounded; a pair 
    of piggy eyes etched into its surface hint at the nature of the decorative beast.
    It has 60 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 5 pounds.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Aereidhna.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I am still sad that you can't non-decay them. D:
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    You can't non-decay the lanterns? Why? :(

I non-decayed the slop chest, I don't know why the lantern couldn't be.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    The lantern can be. You just can't keep the kitten forever.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited June 2015
    Well, my customisation request for the lantern was rejected so... Whoever was approving them has very different standards!

Edit: If it can be non-decayed, I guess I can try again.

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited June 2015
    So... Notic amulet? Anyone know what this actually does, and how long it lasts?

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Hehehehehe
  • Beyond the very minimal information given in the original news post, that is. (* Notic Amulet: This amulet fits onto a figurehead, and can be turned once per Achaean Month (RL Day) to petition the Caspeid for a blessing. Syntax: ATTACH TO , TURN AMULET.)

• What the hell forums, where did paragraph spacing go?

• Notia is bat shit insane. Petition at your own risk.
  • TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    Kinilan said:
    Notia is bat shit insane. Petition at your own risk.
    The (other) Bitch of the Southern Seas!

• She sounds kind of awesome. I'm not sure I'd want my ship in the path of that awesome though.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited June 2015
    So... If the amulet blows up my figurehead, I can wage war on the Notic ocean right?

also, does that mean the Notic amulet will last for a certain amount of months and you can turn it every month until it decays? Or does it become one use and stuff.

• You order your crew to begin unloading the ship's stored porcelain and haul it 
    into the harbour.
    A member of the harbour's crew boards the ship and hands you a great Notic 
    amulet before departing.

Handspan discs of driftwood alternate with those of mother of pearl, each linked 
    with a twist of bronze wire to create this over-sized piece of jewellery. 
    Designed to fit large beings of the figurehead persuasion, a broad, carved web 
    amulet dangles from the decorative string, the verdigris hues lending life to 
    its seaweed patterning.
    It has 30 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 11 pounds.

You attach a great Notic amulet to a stately seahorse figurehead.

A wicked laugh swirls about the ship like a storm as you take your chances and 
    invoke the blessing of rogueish Notia.
    The wind abruptly seems to be far weaker around your ship. Fortune does not 
    favour you this day.

So...once I attached it to the figurehead, it disappeared, I can't see it in the room or on the figurehead. Trying various commands to detach it doesn't seem to work, so I'm guessing it probably can't be made non-decay and is stuck with the figurehead it is originally attached to, perhaps. It is still there, doing TURN AMULET again gets a "can't do that soon" message, it's just not visible. From what I understand it lasts 30 RL days and can be turned once per day for a random effect.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited June 2015
    Edit: Nevermind, apparently probing incorrect amulets in my inventory today.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Probably would be too good to be true if we could non-decay it, but it would seem fun to pick this trade up every now and then

• Ruth said:
    Probably would be too good to be true if we could non-decay it, but it would seem fun to pick this trade up every now and then
    That Karbaz route though.

@Lorielan is the new God of Suffering
  • edited June 2015
    @Kinilian Have you not seen her maze?  I still have yet to figure out how to solve that thing and I swear I have made it to the center!'

edit: For spelling

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Makaela said:
    @Kinilian Have you not seen her maze?  I still have yet to figure out how to solve that thing and I swear I have made it to the center!'

They aren't open again, are they?
    Huh. Neat.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited June 2015
    I was curious about the dropped description of the amulet so I dropped it before I attached it.

A figurehead-sized amulet dangles from a great necklace of pale wood and gleaming pearl.

Coincidentally enough, it fits the design of my figurehead. :pleased:

Used mine on my figurehead;

A wicked laugh swirls about the ship like a storm as you take your chances and invoke the blessing
    of rogueish Notia.
    You suddenly feel energised and a murmur rises from your crew.

edited June 2015
    Ahmet said:
    Makaela said:

They aren't open again, are they?
    EDIT: Tagging @Lorielan cause I'm being hopeful
    EDIT: It created a new quote. Not edited. I'm an idiot. But still, applies!
    Huh. Neat.
  • @Ahmet I have not checked in a long time. Never knew they were ever closed >.>

Makaela said:
    @Ahmet I have not checked in a long time. Never knew they were ever closed >.>
    Well damn. You had my hopes up!
    Huh. Neat.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    I am fairly sure they were just changed.  Last time I tried looking into it,  I was told they were still doable. After much frustration, I grabbed someone that had done the older ones and they said none of their notes still applied.  Hoping to revisit it one day, just not had the time
    Austere said:
    I am fairly sure they were just changed.  Last time I tried looking into it,  I was told they were still doable. After much frustration, I grabbed someone that had done the older ones and they said none of their notes still applied.  Hoping to revisit it one day, just not had the time
    Lorielan and Tecton said they were closed a ways back, and they're not enterable by the typical means, so I'm assuming it's still that way.
    Huh. Neat.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    first room just seems to loop ad infinitum, still. - Keeping a loyal in the first room is nice to test that, unless it's some weird coding behind it that only changes the room you're in after a specific ammount of correct moves
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

Tharvis said:
    first room just seems to loop ad infinitum, still. - Keeping a loyal in the first room is nice to test that, unless it's some weird coding behind it that only changes the room you're in after a specific ammount of correct moves
    Oh I hope not :(
    Huh. Neat.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited June 2015
    Tharvis said:
    My assumption was that was to prevent the old drop one gold trick for mazes. .could be wrong.  @Tecton insight please? 

Edit: I  give up trying to tag people on mobile.  Someone else do it, please.