Blue dragon voice

"Your voice drips with venom as you tell" --green

"Your voice burns with heat as you tell" --red

"With sharp, crackling tones, you tell" --silver

"Your voice sizzles as you tell" --black

"Your voice quietly thrums as you tell" --gold

"You tell (person) frostily" --blue

Seems to me, blue dragon got the short straw. To me, saying something frostily infers displeasure, or a reluctance to have to speak to someone, cold in a metaphorical sense, rather than literal sense.

I would personally like to see a blue dragon voice which follows a similar pattern to the other colours, eg:

In glacial tones, you tell

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    glacial implies the same thing. It's just a part of being blue in general

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Voice cracking like ice, you tell ... ?
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    It's more the layout of the words, rather than the specific words. Even "In frosted tones, you tell" is better than "You tell (person) frostily"

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Still sounds like you are depressed.

Green sounds angry,

red also sounds quite angry,

gold sounds horny.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Mishgul said:
    gold sounds horny.
    Only for an intellectual affair.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• MaraxMarax The Scriptorium
    With the soft tinkle of snow, you tell "...

(jk - something something frost-bitten)
    (<clan>): Kuy says, "Gurl, I could talk myself outta Alkatraz."
  • With the bite of winter's frost you tell..?
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Until I realize they're in Dragonform, I always think blue dragons are just pissed at me when they send me tells.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Silver dragon going through puberty?
    @Greyscrackling <> cracking; still going to think this about silver dragons though :D
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    I've actually never run into a problem with the blue dragon voice, not even with the novices. I don't think anyone really takes it badly. I kind of like the blue dragon one. Some of the other ones bother me though because they tend to sound a little cheesy.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I've had to explain my blue dragon voice at least three times now, and actually do not like sending tells while I'm in dragon as I can't change my tone at all (much less from something so frosty). I like everything else about blue, but I do wish the tells were:

a) Different
    b) Able to be turned off via a config (just the tells, though, I like the rest and actually have an alias to turn off my accent when I dragonform), or
    c) Both!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I seriously wish I could turn off all dragon voice bits.  I don't want to lisp when I speak, which is what black dragons give.  That's irritating as hell.  I hate it.  Please let me turn it off and speak like a normal person.   The other stuff is coll and adds flavor, but the voice bits just make me hate talking to people as a dragon. 

Please make it go away, or be able to be turned off completely.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    But the point is that you are not a normal person. You are a dragon...

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Lisping? I'd say it's more like black dragons are just hitting on everyone all the time.

Black dragons are kind of sleazy. It may not be PC to say so, but I have black dragon friends and they told me they agree.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I am a black dragon myself, and I do not mind the voice at all :/

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I personally like the red one
    "Kit always gets blood everywhere."
    Medi says, "If kit says to show up somewhere, bring an apron."
    Medi says, "Rule of thumb."

• In blue notes, you tell...
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Iocun said:
    In blue notes, you tell...
    Jazzy, nice.

• I dunno your voice sizzling sounds like a night at tgi friday's with ricky martin singing livin la vida loca to me so don't feel too bad.
  • Green is the one that always scared me. :confounded: 
  • Yeah green and blue are both scary. Venomous (or dripping with venom, which sounds even worse) and frostily are both words for irritated/angry. Oh, the english language..
  • Blue is actually my favourite voice, please don't change it :(
  • Your voice sizzles like Jack Daniels cheddar chicken as you tell, ...
  • Voice dripping with ice in your veins, you tell.....

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

No offense, but ew
  • You 'let it go' as you tell Prythe, "Hi."
    or
    Letting it go, you tell Prythe, "Hi."
  • TeghaineTeghaine Cape Town - South Africa - Africa (thatcontinentthatlookslikesouthamerica)
    Alrigh, Stop! 
    Collaborate and listen. 
  • Talysin no no no... It's You 'let it go' as you tell Prythe, "Do you wanna build a snowman?"