Limb Counter questions

Ok so I am attempting to make a limb tracker based off an old formula I found that after testing seems to be accurate even in the 8k health ranges.
I have my assess alias and trigger set up. As well as a few functions that math things out.  

1) I do not know if mudlet supports rounding up or not. If it does could someone explain that to me?

2) How would I go about having mudlet assign percentage damage based on my targets limb health and my attacks limb damage?

3) I do not wan someone coding this entirely out for me.. I am using SVOs limb counter atm but would like to move to this once I get it working.  Also is there a way I can make this work in relation to svo or would that be unnecessary?

I might have more questions later on

Comments

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Post formula? The only ones that I have come across were way out dated. .
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    To round up to 0 dp, use math.ceil(var)

To round down to 0 dp, use math.floor(var)

If you want to round up to 1 dp, you'll need to math.ceil(var*10)/10 and so on.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • 1) for rounding, I like to do tonumber(String.format("%.Xf", number)).
    2) for health/damage just choose..
    For me, as a monk, 1 unstanced limb punch is 1 limb damage damage, so let's say it takes me 9 HFP to break your left leg, your "limb health" would be < 9 limb damage.
    Personally, I liked the idea in @Jacen and @Karailimb counter where you get your "limb health" in the 100 scale.
    It's nicer to follow and the math it's just the same (everything is just *100).
    3) svo I don't know
  • Austere said:
    I've been using this weaponry formula, credited to Rakon I believe, for over a year now. It has worked fantastically, but I've only used it for handaxes.

Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • Rekhyr said:
    svo I don't know

I feel like this would work well on a t-shirt.
  • Limb Health = 250 + Max Health * 0.24
    Weapon Base Damage = 10 + Max Health * 0.005
    Weapon Damage Total = Weapon Base Damage + Weapon Damage (the stat)
    Hits to break a limb = Roundup(Limb Health / Weapon Damage Total)

Again no clue who discovered it originally as the post I found it in on the old forums stated they did not know who came up with it. Of course for weapon damage total you multiply by 2 for blunt weapons after all other math is done.  For two handed weapons this is accurate up to the near 8k health range from my testing. Not sure if it is past that as I found no one with more.

• Rom said:
    Austere said:
    I've been using this weaponry formula, credited to Rakon I believe, for over a year now. It has worked fantastically, but I've only used it for handaxes.

No idea about handaxes, but that was never accurate for me using Soulpiercers as a Knight; comparing the results of that formula to actual real world results wasn't that close (off by at least one slash in most cases). There's now also a modifier on limb damage for doubleslash, so that needs to be calculated and factored in for anyone still playing dual cutting.

May be accurate enough for two-handed weapons, I don't know. Makaela's formula in the previous post seems to be similar, but with a slightly lower static part when calculating limb health. Unfortunately I lost my old testing data last year so I can't compare how that relates.
  • Makaela said:
    Limb Health = 250 + Max Health * 0.24
    Weapon Base Damage = 10 + Max Health * 0.005
    Weapon Damage Total = Weapon Base Damage + Weapon Damage (the stat)
    Hits to break a limb = Roundup(Limb Health / Weapon Damage Total)
    Comparing that formula to the numbers here, it's pretty good, but far from perfect.
  • Sadly I can not compare @Sena 's numbers against my tests. They do not account for weapon damages of two handers. My bastard is aroun 197ish.. at work so can not login to check the exact. My Hammer is 186 though. 

@sena however tends to have a reputation about being right on these sorts of things though. So now I am going back to be sure this formula is at least accurate for two handers.