Giant flower customization and individual City flowers

Comments

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena

A corpse flower or skull flower or whatever would only as be as inelegant as you choose to describe it..

• Sybilla said:
    Cheerful rainbow daisy just doesn't do it for Ashtan at all, and I'm not sure where the rum comes into it. I'm a bit out of it at the moment but I'll think up a couple of ideas and get back to you later in the day.
    @Sybilla : if Ashtan has major OOC channels to bring this up in, that would be helpful. I know Ashtan doesn't have a single dominant faction, if it's possible I'd need agreement from you guys on the flower. Thank you for your help.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I'm pretty sure Mhaldor as a whole would prefer the more elegant option. Rafflesia simply doesn't make sense because it's way too big - you'd never be able to wear that, which these will be. My preference would be the rose or the sumac flower! I'm pretty sure we'd be fine with either, it really is your project after all, you know.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• @Jurixe : if it's okay with you guys, then, I'd like to keep the rose. A lot of people DID like it and I like the symbolism of the various parts (particularly the seven petals.) It's essentially going to be a shop in Delos selling all the flowers for like 200-300 gold and any novice can go buy a flower and it'll be known for that. So I want to make sure it's one you all enjoy.
  • I would wear it as a hat.

A stinking, rotting meat hat.

...suddenly I want a rafflesia.  Screw Mhador, give me one instead.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    There is a room called "A bed of foul-smelling rafflesias." in Meropis. You could make rafflesia hats-aplenty from there, I bet.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    That could totally become Ashtan's new thing. I like it.

Cyrene also being edelweiss would probably make me giggle madly (as it's Mel's flower she's had for years now), but it would totally make sense. Snowdrop is a good option. The other option I like, which is represented in a room in Cyrene (I want to say the room with Czanthria's statue? That or a room very close to there) is the winter aster. All make great options.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    We can go with the rose!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited April 2015
    Silvarien said:

@Halos : I am not sure if it's okay to approach you in game for this, or here. I hope I am not being a pest.

11. An acacia blossom

Rising from a long straight golden stem, the acacia blossom ends in a middle that explodes into countless thin petals, golden as the sun, myriad like countless rays of sunlight. The yellow of the blossom is slightly darker in the middle where the petals meet. Sticky droplets of acacia sap cling to the flower's stem.

I don't know what an acacia blossom smells like, sadly.
    Acacias usually grow in clusters or sprays so it'd be a pretty short stem if you just intend to give one. Just sayin.

Also: http://usa.loccitane.com/fleur-d'or-acacia-eau-de-toilette,82,1,54963,477669.htm?newversion=true&

I uh... just spent the last 5 minutes smelling my arm, but I can't describe it other than 'smells nice' lol. 

• Seriously, stop liking my post about acacia honey and go get yourself some. You're wasting time.
  • edited April 2015
    I would suggest two alternatives that you could consider for Mhaldor - First I thought pitcher plants flowers - beautiful and benign but grow into something honed to have a much more sinister intent

Then my second thought would be bat orchids.

Cause jeepers creepers these are a scary looking flower. Looks like something the lycopods would grow,
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Silvarien said:
    Kafziel said:
    a floating underground crystal flower might work for Hashan

@Kafziel : Something like this?

23. Crystal lily

Taken from a river deep underground, this lily is a blossom of living clear transparent petals that lie upon a bed of pure-white leaves. The petals soar up and then flow outward, like the waters of a fountain. A pure-white pistil rises from the center like a shooting star ascending -- graceful and delicate.

SMELL FLOWER: A subtle and subdued perfume-like aroma fills the nostrils as the lily is brought near.

I do like this one, give me a day or two, three and I'll see what I can torture out of get as a reply from people as an answer for a flower

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    The crystal waterlily underground is totally making a mockery of the fact that you totalled our Fluvialis Temple. :angry: 

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Ooh. I love pitcher plants, so neat. That orchid could also be neat for Hashan, given the whole darkness aspect. That orchid is so pretty, Consider it for something!
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

Skye said:
    The crystal waterlily underground is totally making a mockery of the fact that you totalled our Fluvialis Temple. :angry: 
    also crystals seem to be what @Vastar is leaning towards using, so I'm pondering alternatives to make it more unique

• TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    Krypton said:

Not a corpse flower or skull flower for Mhaldor?

those are actually dried snapdragons

(which is just fantastic, and has inspired me to plant snapdragons for the sole purpose of drying them)

• Silvarien said:

@Halos : I am not sure if it's okay to approach you in game for this, or here. I hope I am not being a pest.

11. An acacia blossom

Rising from a long straight golden stem, the acacia blossom ends in a middle that explodes into countless thin petals, golden as the sun, myriad like countless rays of sunlight. The yellow of the blossom is slightly darker in the middle where the petals meet. Sticky droplets of acacia sap cling to the flower's stem.

I don't know what an acacia blossom smells like, sadly.
    Having a few acacia trees in my garden I can tell you they smell faintly of honey and warm summer's days (and bees, lots of bees) :D

I like the description btw!
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Nice project! I am not sure about the pine smell for Eleusis. Pines are more northern and I would not associate them with Eleusis. Oak is a more representative tree for Eleusis, with the ash tree and a cherry tree. As for flowers, we have violets growing in the Eastern Ithmia. 
  • Yes, this is perfect.  I will be @Artemis' greatest servant ever in this form, bringing odorous, meaty ruin to all who dare cross us!
  • Hayte said:
    Penwize said:
    I would wear it as a hat.

A stinking, rotting meat hat.

...suddenly I want a rafflesia.  Screw Mhador, give me one instead.
    Penwize's dragon alternative...

Needs more feathers.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Penwize said:
    Yes, this is perfect.  I will be @Artemis' greatest servant ever in this form, bringing odorous, meaty ruin to all who dare cross us!
    I approve as long as @Silvarien also makes Me something like a nice heady gardenia to scatter around the Temple and Prasset. 
  • the Black Lotus gets a Black Lotus
    smell: perfection.
    Okk tells you, "You 'woof'ed on a house channel in a conversation with the Lord Bard."

edited April 2015
    for Hashan, I'd personally go for 'Iochroma australe' 
    which'd be this (nightshade variant)

or a purple stargazer lily, hrm.

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Their is a small patch of stargazers in Hashan that are "pickable". They look like this
    The soft, bright purple petals of this exquisite lily shine brilliantly, extending in a star-shaped
    fashion from the centre of the bloom and each fringed with white. Despite the beauty of the bloom
    itself, they are overshadowed by perfect pistils that twinkle brightly, making them appear as though
    they each contain their own little star.

Though I might consider designing some sort of flower that blooms at night or under a full moon, perhaps.
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    If you seriously intend to make Ashtan's flower a rainbow daisy that smells of rum, then you haven't paid much attention at all to what has transpired with Ashtan since we finally got rid of Discordianism. :/

The city already has a sort of flower in Pellucaria's myrtle, when it is in bloom, but, if necessary, I would be glad to help you come up with some other ideas. @Khaibit mentioned a marsh rose, which would be more than suitable, though I am partial, myself, to something with more of an Achaean bent. If you are willing to wait a couple of days, I'd be glad to come up with a description or two.
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • edited April 2015
    Amunet said:
    If you seriously intend to make Ashtan's flower a rainbow daisy that smells of rum, then you haven't paid much attention at all to what has transpired with Ashtan since we finally got rid of Discordianism. :/

The city already has a sort of flower in Pellucaria's myrtle, when it is in bloom, but, if necessary, I would be glad to help you come up with some other ideas. @Khaibit mentioned a marsh rose, which would be more than suitable, though I am partial, myself, to something with more of an Achaean bent. If you are willing to wait a couple of days, I'd be glad to come up with a description or two.
    @Amunet : I know very little that's concrete about Ashtan, so I am going fully on what people are telling me, on that one.

@Sena 's idea looks pretty awesome, do you like that one at all? It could be something else if you guys in Ashtan want something else. @Sybilla was thinking of writing up some ideas, too. If you can get consensus from the city that it is what most or all of Ashtan wants, that would be wonderful. I know Ashtan is a very large City, but hopefully there can be some consensus.

The only thing I specifically want is something that doesn't already exist in the game, or something close to what exists in the game, unless there's no other choice for it.

Thanks!

• Bring back the Mountain Flower (which is a variety of rose) for Cyrene (even though I paid to have one customised).