THE BEST

Comments

• But his mindseye is awesome

• Implying Tanris hasn't mastered the art of echolocation 
  • But see if he had waterwalking he'd be out in the middle of the Eusian thinking "... I don't remember the Zaphar being so wide.".
  • @Mizik : Thanks man. I don't actually think I deserve to be on that list, given that I haven't been practicing much and I'm still pretty out of date(aka, no queueing/aff tracking still). Also, combat isn't really the forefront reason why I play Achaea, though it is fun.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Mishgul said:
    Don't think you can compare them. Different times, different mechanics. Tanris would probably have run out of herbs/vials mid duel also, like he usually does.
    Can confirm, he always does this in Imperian. Venoms too, doesn't usually notice until after person died though.

• Balmet doesn't even know how to EMBRACE DEATH, what a noob.
  • I'll never make one of these lists... unless best breathrainer is one... I will breathrain anything... or would.... Eleusis has banned me from using it... :(

• Penwize said:
    That's because allowing you to breathrain is like allowing a meth addict just one more hit.  You'd breathrain one newbie to death and we'd never see you on the ground again.  You'd just be sitting up there itching for your eq to recover so you can summon breath again.
    So!

• edited April 2015
    I have a trophy that says 2nd place on my desk, so every time I get in a duel I can grab it and lift it up in the air, and give a small speech to my audience of stuffed animals and a hamster.

on that note, I'll never really know why these subjective lists come back up every few months.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • It's not all that subjective, really.

Jhui, Mizik, Santar, and Xinna being the top four fighters in the game is pretty objectively proven on a regular basis. There's some others out there that do okay sometimes, but not on as consistent of a basis.

I don't see how any objective person could formulate a list that doesn't have those 4 as the top.

• edited April 2015
    I still think Ayoxele is better than Xinna, and given an equal level of artefacts would dominate more than her in the combat scene. Definitely think she deserves top 5, though, and agree with the rest of the list. 
  • edited April 2015
    I like Ayoxele, and he is extremely knowledgable about combat, but he's not a top 5 fighter. 

If he were able to perform on a more consistent basis, and showcase his true potential, things might be different. But they're not.

He has top tier knowledge, but he doesn't have top tier execution, style, or preparation.

He can probably make the top 10 right now though, which is pretty impressive given how poorly optimized he is.

• edited April 2015
    More questions: 

Who are the top three best fighters that you personally have ever come up against? What are the top three greatest (greatest, hardest, whichever) fights you've ever had? 

Waiting for some code to execute at work, got to reminiscing. Love a bit of combat talk :)
  • Other people might be as good or even better, but some of them, I've beaten or gotten close to it. I'd sparred @Iocun countless, countless times, and never won. It's still one of Nim's IC goals.

Any fight lasting a while is awesome. I think the latest was vs. @Aquil, where my eventual disadvantage was puppet decay being so much better than limb decay (not that this is solely why I lost, just that it became an issue that lead to my death thanks to me being less-than-optimal).

Blademaster limb decay is a pain though. Please tell me there have been class leads to let the two-limb attacks reset both limb timers. D:

• Serpent can't really have good fights. Either they get locked, or they run or fly every 2-3 attacks and I get slow prepped. Either way, very anti climactic. Finisher classes with prep are so much more exciting. 

Had some pretty epic battles as Knight vs Seragorn. Any Xinna fight is usually top quality, tear up the country side. 

I loved every fight I ever had as Jester. Absolutely adored the style. 
  • Bee-yonk.

(RIP *pterry. ;_;)

• Poergh tanris tirac santar and cooper(dragon monk ftw)
  • The eras aren't comparable but I'm throwing in Isildur, Mausolus, Nimos, Tranquility.
  • oh yes I remember tranquility! Was a beast, and Rocktamer... Jinxsta
  • I was a dragon monk for only like 2-3 weeks :( The day I got dragon Tecton was like 'lol, by the way, we're changing dragons in less than a month'

If we're gonna go waaaaaay back then, you have to throw in Kay, WarChicken/Master, Mordyval, Element, Gijan, Maran...ugh, so many.

• Well, if we go back to the very beginning, everyone was among the top few combatants anyways!
  • Even that guy who was Shaman with no curing and just carried about 12 starbursts so that he could fashion -anybody- up to obliterate.

• Well, that's not too shabby! Considering that "no curing" implies game-over upon being hit with paralysis for the first time, getting 50 fashions with just 12 starbursts is quite impressive!
  • Jhui with the name dropping. Sick song though

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.