If you could have one major addition/change/overhaul...

Comments

• Saltysin
  • Orzaansyn said:
    Sarathai said:
    Orzaansyn said:
    Sarathai said:

So the answer would be yes. You do.
    Okay. That does not lower my point at all.
    I was pretty explicitly addressing the "do people still exterminate" question, which is why I made sure to quote that part of your post.
    No offense taken, and maybe my answer was too short.

It actually underlines well that even if we still do it, it is very scarce, casual and very irrelevant.
    For reference purposes, I dug through some of the recent reports available to me (I'm missing all the WWN ones because that newsboard is gone, so there's nothing from before 678):

- 12 Chronos 678 (Chiam).
    - 12 Chronos 678 (Unknown because Naturalism was broken at that time* during the class skill changes).
    - 12 Chronos 678 (2x, Rasul).
    - 25 Mayan 678 (Rasul).
    - 21 Valnuary 679 (2x, Elazar).
    - 5 Chronos 679 (2x, Elazar).
    - 16 Chronos 679 (13x Medi, 1x Ayoxele).

Didn't bother translating them all to IRL dates. I don't have any other records, because the people responsible haven't been posting their reports. I will certainly agree, though, that it's been scarce for about a month.

* I know that there were at least 3-4 others besides it in EI on the same day, because I was the one who rejuvenated them. We were actually missing Naturalism entirely for a little while, and only about eight people could sense exterminations with Oakstone gone and the new system not yet in place. Probably would have been a good chance for people to go on massive sprees of extermination without anybody knowing who it was, if you knew to wait until said people weren't logged in.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• @Sarathai Thank you for explaining.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I love forest defs. Save me having to use metawake. Just fight in.a.forest!

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I would be okay with forest defenses if in exchange I could set the forest on fire... I really really REALLY want to burn the forests to the ground. It is something of a life-goal. It would make all the 'random dog/plant jumps out and mauls your face off' moments totally worth it.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Just a class change away, @Multon.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Multon said:
    I would be okay with forest defenses if in exchange I could set the forest on fire... I really really REALLY want to burn the forests to the ground. It is something of a life-goal. It would make all the 'random dog/plant jumps out and mauls your face off' moments totally worth it.
    Funnily enough, that capability is what forest defenses were originally the counterpart to.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Halos said:
    Just a class change away, @Multon.
    which class can set a forest on fire? (as in, actual fire)  o:)
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Jhui said:
    Add some daily conflict mechanisms that aren't player driven
    This is all I would ever want to do if I was a Divine. Unique, one off, interactions are always amazing and easily some of my best memories in the game.

So many options to just create a simple hour long adventure that is never repeated again. And I would add to this the PVE options, random group of monsters attack a city, get caught in the street, bunch of orcs attack some people hanging out in the forest because of opportunity. It wouldn't be that easy, or that hard. But would be fun.

• Jhui said:
    Add some daily conflict mechanisms that aren't player driven

Regular PK egghunts and similar events would be nice.  I'd been meaning to ask for that specifically.  In addition to city and individual ones, random teams would be nice.  I'd even log in beyond taking care of my ships/sub-houses for that. 
  • Ruth said:
    I would like Divine layorders to have their own ranks (eg. CO1-CO5) and perhaps different privileges with shrines or something. Order members who are above a certain rank can be invested with the privilege to promote people in the layorder, so that people who aspire to join an Order have a sense of actual progression to induction instead of player-overseen pre-order clan progression.
    This I could most certainly agree with. I think this would be an excellent system to implement to give individuals more of an order feeling, even grant an actual layorder channel. kind of like an HNT channel so to speak. So that way someone really feels a part of it instead of just being members of a clan and then layorder members. 

As for other ideas. I've always wanted to see more actual events that are based between fractions that are actually enjoyable for all and not lopsided for one area or another. 

I will add in the voice for removal for extermination/forest defenses though or a possible rework for an interaction between Eleusis and Mhaldor for a more enriched roleplay between the two fractions for Evil and Nature instead of just extermination and forest defenses. (Which exterminations are rarely used today, just a few will do so or a few here and there but nothing as significant as what it once was) 

• Oh, and how could I forget, regular ship arena battles.  I realize that in theory, we can always set these up, but if the whole game just sees they can join in, and it's offered fairly often, that seems like it would work nicely.  Maybe have some that are more like free for alls, and some that put ships on teams, and maybe use a cutter or two as a "keep alive" for Striders in some events (I'd also log in for this). 
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    Santar said:
    Out of curiosity, what is the administration thinking when they give people 500 owl minpets to tote around?

Is there ever going to be some kind of limit on this madness?
    It is time to start culling the herd. 
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Herenicus said:
    Santar said:
    Out of curiosity, what is the administration thinking when they give people 500 owl minpets to tote around?

Is there ever going to be some kind of limit on this madness?
    It is time to start culling the herd. 
    After a big raid it's always dozens and dozens of orphaned pets EVERYWHERE. Culling is the only thing you can do to survive being spammed out with near Madelyne-level amounts of baby animal reactions.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Grandue said:
    I would love to see the random quests also. Perhaps start them like old school D&D quests with someone bursting into a bar asking for the help of 4 adventurers to help slay the dragon that is destroying their village or to help rescue their nephew from the hands of whatever and they offer a good bit of gold or temporary blessing of some sort upon completion. 

This would be awesome!
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    More Riddles.

With Delphinus gone, the Riddlemeister Throne is ripe for usurption!!
  • Multon said:
    I would be okay with forest defenses if in exchange I could set the forest on fire... I really really REALLY want to burn the forests to the ground. It is something of a life-goal. It would make all the 'random dog/plant jumps out and mauls your face off' moments totally worth it.

The song people really need to tap into some Lonely Island for a "So I Burned it to the Ground" chart topper. 
  • Ruth said:
    I would like Divine layorders to have their own ranks (eg. CO1-CO5) and perhaps different privileges with shrines or something. Order members who are above a certain rank can be invested with the privilege to promote people in the layorder, so that people who aspire to join an Order have a sense of actual progression to induction instead of player-overseen pre-order clan progression.
    @Ruth You are a genious... seriously if you are OR 6+ (depending on the way your order is layed out) you should be able to invest abilities or petition for investiture of abilities. This would help so much with stagnation when gods aren't available.

I'm not sure about the layorder bit so much but definitely at least the hand being able to issue field promotions or such while the god is away would be helpful.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • Sarathai said:
    Werewolves getting out of the LHG and going on a great hunt of their own, too.
    Has happened.
  • graphics
    tyvm 2 bill gates & the gamecube paint 4 my profile pic
  • I'd lower credit prices by 90%, because I think people would spend more on the game. I know I'd spend $200 if it got me everything I wanted instead of just one out of seven things I want. 

i'm a rebel

• Krypton said:
    More Riddles.

With Delphinus gone, the Riddlemeister Throne is ripe for usurption!!
    We could always beg him to come back.

Anyway, I do really miss egghunts and bandersnatch hunts and the other stuff (though I never really figured out how to catch bandersnatch however many years ago). There's a good  bit of spontaneous action missing from this game like there was many years ago. Like listening to people shout at each other (we should be able to hear this while  deaf pretty please), gods bickering (though I think that was mostly Clem). Stuff like that.

for once my ideas here are doable, you should try to do them @Sarapisor whoever <3 I love egghunts very much