Coinflip Crowd Sourcing.

Comments

• I'm in full coin flipping force.

Need some admin stats.

How many coin flips are happening per min, etc.

How many people have entered the coinflip command more than 100 times recently, etc.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    As long as the world message isn't Hermes popping out of the sky, since Clementius wouldn't have known what eventually happens to him. :D
  • edited April 2015
    For maximum coin-flipping action, here is a reflex package that uses the queue. Save it as a .js and you can import it into the HTML5 client.

http://pastebin.com/9kPSAuS4

All it does is look for the heads/tails line and queue a flip when it sees it. So it should stop if it gets a result other than heads/tails. If you want to stop it manually, use CQ ALL.

Also, if admin are checking to see it people are present while flipping like with normal afk checks, it would not be hard to miss the message. I'm sitting here with it running in the adjacent window, but it scrolls so fast that I could practically miss it by blinking.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    At around the half hour mark Seragorn's trigger has a counter and he'd reached over 3400 coin flips and his ping is a little bit slow since he doesn't live in the US.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Hmm. We should all optimize our coinflipping to use queuing, I think.

• On my phone on the HTML5 client at work and it appears I can't set triggers through your phone. So I'm stuck using Nim's recursion and keeping one eye my phone. This is going to be a productive day.
  • edited April 2015
    Santar said:
    Hmm. We should all optimize our coinflipping to use queuing, I think.
    I mean, if you're not using all of the modern technologies at your fingertips, you can't really expect to compete.

Also, every once in a while my ping isn't fast enough to send the queue command before balance comes back and I don't see the "[System]: Running queued balance command: FLIP COIN" and I get overly excited when I notice the change in the text out of the corner of my eye. This is doing bad things to me.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Time to do some raiding!

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • NimNim
    edited April 2015
    I hope you're all also recording how many times it was heads vs tails, so we can confirm if the patch that lead to this actually worked, or if there's still an error in favor of either side.
  • @santar you are truly a prophet.
  • edited April 2015
    Well that should answer @Nim 's question.
  • edited April 2015
    Yeah, those stats remind me why I quit. I probably didn't even flip a fourth of what Trance did, and I was exhausted with it.

I remember now - We pretty much just gave up after a million flips. That was a few years ago. To flip a million times and to know you're no closer to the goal despite it...

Pretty demoralizing.

Nevertheless, we must stay strong. I'm gonna try to stay awake from now until we hit it. We have nine or ten confirmed coinflippers atm.

• Nim said:
    I hope you're all also recording how many times it was heads vs tails, so we can confirm if the patch that lead to this actually worked, or if there's still an error in favor of either side.
    I'm not counting anything.

I don't want to know how many flips it's been.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited April 2015
    I had to gag it while catching up on all my shows.

edit: It comes to me that if you had a lot of enchantment comms to burn you could probably rack up a few flips while doing so with the relevant enchantments.

• Let the coin flipping begin.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere

after a while...

• IT HATH BEGUN
    5127h 5704m 100% ex|cdbk 13.6% [nil] - 19:09:02.309  flipcoin (0.292s) (0.291s) (0.282s) (0.29s) (0.
    29s) (0.288s) (0.291s) (0.288s) (0.291s) (0.291s) (0.291s) (0.385s) (0.29s) (0.29s) (0.29s) (0.289s) 
    (0.288s) (0.29s) (0.29s) (0.29s) (0.289s) (0.287s) (0.289s) (0.29s) (0.29s) (0.289s) (0.29s) (0.
    287s) (0.289s) (0.289s) (0.289s) (0.289s) (0.289s) (0.29s) (0.299s) (0.289s) (0.291s) (0.289s) (0.
    29s) (0.287s) (0.291s) (0.289s) (0.288s) (0.281s) (0.288s) (0.276s) (0.764s) (0.299s) (0.297s)
  • I'm giving it break for tonight. Need to get some rest.

Happy flippin'

• Santar said:
    Hmm. We should all optimize our coinflipping to use queuing, I think.
    Exact match:

You flip a golden sovereign up in the air and watch, mesmerised, as it spins rapidly through its arc. It hits the ground and you see that the heads side is facing up.
    You flip a golden sovereign up in the air and watch, mesmerised, as it spins rapidly through its arc. It hits the ground and you see that the tails side is facing up.

Content:

send("queue add eqbal flip coin")
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Out of boredom I put in code to track how many times each result shows up.

Just now reached this:

1138 Heads
    1093 Tails
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Introduce code to slow down repeated use of honours command due to excess stress on server... then encourage people to flip coins on balance... jus' sayin'

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • The reason the balance was implemented was exactly because of this, actually.

Coin flips didn't used to require balance. I simultaneously flipped and tracked a few thousand coins out of curiosity a while back and noticed that tails would come up 60% of the time. (Santar has mentioned a few times that he discovered it. He may have, I honestly don't know, but in my memory, I found it first.)

After that I created a book for people to bet on saying that I'd flip 100 coins in a public location. I set the odds so that anyone making a logical bet on 50/50 would bet on heads...And then a few hours later, Clementius changed the code, cancelled my bet, introduced the balance check, and added the 'event'.

It's been something like 8 years since then, and I still haven't flipped a million coins. I'll hit 900k tonight though. Shouldn't take too long to get to the end.

...And then I'll do it all over again.
  • TitonusTitonus Youngstown, Ohio
    ^^Anyone want to contribute a geyser console?

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Woohoo! Congratulations Venser!
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.