You may have played Achaea too much if...

Comments

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    Zuko said:
    ... I RESPECT most people at work when they walk in, or when I see someone in passing.
    You should monkbow next time.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • SethSeth North Carolina
    ...You know Chuck Norris to be just a high level Monk

Chuck Norris would be old Dragon Monk...so godly compared to today.
  • Krypton said:
    Bluef said:

The examples or activities you use when teaching writing involve students creating unique self-descriptions of humans gifted with wings, unmistakably stocky persons with muscular builds that often have beards (male and female), humanoid amphibians, lithe underground dwellers who are a distant cousin of humanity....etc.

I have done this. Students have also actually logged into Achaea to create a character, describe themselves, and post a background. Some still play.

Oooh, remember this?:

ANNOUNCE NEWS #1386
    Date: 10/23/2003 at 06:37
    To : Everyone
    Subj: University of Maryland

This is clearly a fine FINE University, as evidenced by the fact that 
    one of their classes has, as homework, completing the first three newbie
    quests in Achaea. =) 

http://www.glue.umd.edu/~flores/syllabus.html
    (toward the bottom)

Penned by my hand on the 21st of Lupar, in the year 347 AF.

No way! If I had known UMD had classes like that, I would have stayed in-state.
  • edited April 2015

So, I might have been playing too much Achaea if my first thought when I read:

John 8.

Blah, blah, Bible, blah...

4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

Blah, blah, Pharisees, blah...

6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

Blah, blah, Lord and Saviour, blah...

And my focus is entirely on the parts about Jesus "writing on the ground" because all I can think is that this confirms that Jesus was a Runewarden... 

Ergo, Runewarden is best class... Word of God?

P.S. Just explicitly stating here that I mean this entirely as a bit of lightheartedness, and it is my absolute last intention to trivialize anyone's sincerely held convictions about their faith or class choice.
  • But he had self soul rez, so clearly a forestal. Admittedly, he could have had multiclass (ignoring the fact that demi-gods are trans in all skills simultaneously, which is a huge pain when the syntax for two different abilities match).
  • edited April 2015

Luke 24.

1 Now upon the first day if the week, very early in the morning, they cane unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with then. 

2 And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.

3 And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.

This seems to me a pretty clear example of the use of a Gular rune to get rid of a stone wall. Also, to reply to @Nim and the suggestion that Jesus was a Forestal, of all things, I think that this:

Mark 11.

12 And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry:

13 And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.

14 And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.

19 And when even was come, he went out of the city.

20 And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.

21 And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.

Makes it pretty clear that Jesus was -not- a Forrestal. So now we know that Jesus was a Runewarden AND that Forestals are heretics. 

• Oh, I see, not soul rez, soul cage. Freaking necromancy.
  • edited April 2015
    I think this passage speaks for itself @Nim...
    Mathew 10:24

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
     Jesus confirmed Mhaldorian. 
  • He did an awful lot of suffering, if I recall. D:
  • Jesus flipped a number of tables at a market in a synagogue (I think) and was using a whip to drive off the merchants.

Serpent as well, or just decided to splurge on some extra weapon proficiencies?
  • Jukilian said:
    Jesus flipped a number of tables at a market in a synagogue (I think) and was using a whip to drive off the merchants.

Serpent as well, or just decided to splurge on some extra weapon proficiencies?
    Drop of Yen-Sorte's blood

• Jesus clearly is Sarapis' multiclass test alt.
  • @Aurom, so what you're saying is that the upcoming introduction of multi-classing is, in fact, The Second Coming? As Jesus will return and all the faithful, i.e. people who play Achaea, will become Christlike, i.e. multi-class?
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    edited April 2015
    Seth said:
    ...You know @Penwize to be just a high level Monk

Penwize is Dragon Monk...so godly compared to everyone.
    Agreed.

• At the point where you Target in a raid and yell out "It's horripilation, bitch," it's safe to say you have a problem.
  • The only answer which comes to you mind whenever anyone talks to you is "F**k you."

In a non redacted version.
  • Many years ago I was on a local BBS where if you wanted to send somebody a message you would send them a "pnote."

I was on the phone with a client and I told them, "I'll send you a pnote later."

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Orzaansyn said:
    The only answer which comes to you mind whenever anyone talks to you is "F**k you."

In a non redacted version.
    @Orzaansyn : I thought it was "shut up, slave" ?
  • KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
    When you're puking your guts up from some odd flu and all you can think of is getting to your rift to get some Ginseng out.
  • Kerria said:
    I did one today:

when end you mentally go through the command for every canned  emote someone is doing.. In real life.

coworker smiles and says "Greetings!"

'greet coworker' stares blankly at coworker. 'dammit.'

I've unintentionally added "Salutations" to my vocabulary for greeting someone. I've NEVER heard anyone else say it outside of tv/movies/games :(
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • You quit smoking and you think how many credits you are gonna save montly.
  • edited June 2015
    ...When learning flow locks in martial arts, all you're thinking about is how much harder it is to execute a lock in game.

...Helping make parodies for Achaea (Looking at you two @Rohai and @Zuko)

...Being very happy when seeing herbs that are actually used IRL (like burdock and echinacea)

...typing QW2 or QW very often, even on skype.
  • You remember Yahoo groups, AIM and your entire contact list are members from achaea...
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Kakotas said:
    You remember Yahoo groups, AIM and your entire contact list are members from achaea...
    At least they understand when you type say before whatever else you're saying?
  • If reading "You yawn suddenly and mightily." is enough to invoke an actual yawn.
  • If you think a "forger" forges weapons and armour. Why do people ask for a "forger" on market channel when clearly it's a blacksmith they need. A "forger", after all, paints or crafts forgeries! Yes?

• Ognog said:
    A "forger", after all, paints or crafts forgeries! Yes?
    In real life, that's usually what it's referring to. But that's only because the other kind of forging is a lot more rare now (unless you work in (or talk about a lot) the metalworking industry). Both meanings are still correct, and are still used.