Traditional Post-Tyrannus Rant

RuthRuth Singapore
edited April 2015 in North of Thera
I thought that I'll give this time-held tradition a personal touch! Enjoy my handwritten notes below!

Thanks also be to @Sartan for putting me up as Tyrannus in the first place. <3
"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    :)       

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    As an outsider to Mhaldor, I will say you were always very level headed and great to communicate with whenever a problem arose the few times I interacted with you.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• edited April 2015

Please stop saying the P word and the W word, @Ruth. Kthx.

I seriously enjoyed your time as Tyrannus and probably never really indicated as much. <3

(P.S. I always secretly liked the tail ribbon)

Daeir said:
    Some of that is crisp enough that it could be typefaced in a few minutes of work. Tyrannus font. I like it.

Handwriting aside, the Mhaldor I left behind and the Mhaldor that exists now are so different in so many ways (all of them good). Whatever you did, it worked.

T'will be interesting to see where tyranibug takes the city in the future. Hail to the buglord!

Horkval race will be required. All hail the bug legion!

• edited April 2015
    Xinna said
    Daeir said:
    Some of that is crisp enough that it could be typefaced in a few minutes of work. Tyrannus font. I like it.

Handwriting aside, the Mhaldor I left behind and the Mhaldor that exists now are so different in so many ways (all of them good). Whatever you did, it worked.

T'will be interesting to see where tyranibug takes the city in the future. Hail to the buglord!

Horkval race will be required. All hail the bug legion!

I for one welcome the coming of our new insectoid overlords. ALL STRENGTH TO THE BUG LEGION!
  • ZarlaZarla Somewhere deep within Mhaldor...
    edited April 2015
    Aww man, I come back and then @Ruth steps down a few days later D: And I was so looking forward to getting my ass whipped by the T-rex. In all seriousness though, she was the one who encouraged me to join Mhaldor while I was still rogue, and did an amazing job being my char's mentor back when we were still Ebon-Fisting. Huge Mhaldorian cheers to Ruth!

Congrats to @Xinna! Looking forward to seeing Mhaldor grow even further!

• edited April 2015
    @Ruth : Everybody knows that T-Rexes are really lovable lizards that only eat people because they need the occasional skeleton to demolish for toothpicks needed for oral hygiene. If you ask any dentist -- any dentist -- he will tell you with total conviction that the T-Rex must brush and floss regularly to remain a functional T-Rex, and this involves a lot of crushing and oppressing. I must in particular give props for the marketing campaign, as your minions are actively involved in recruiting non-minions such as myself to join Evil.

And, yeah, I'd come visit you guys, but since I am kill-on-sight, I sadly can't. Hope you have a good post-T-Rex experience.  :-D
  • I think that everyone has their idea of what they'd like for "Their" Tyrannus to be. I will admit working with you @Ruth was honestly a pleasure. Sure! You may have done some things I might not have, or in the way have. But seriously? How many people do you know that does everything the exact same as you do? Come on. To me, you did a good job as Tyrannus overall. I think it's important for Tyrannuses to have a sense of "fun" or "difference aura" overall. Because it can actually be engaging or even actually make for a fun environment. I think that yes it's important to remember that Mhaldor is a disciplined and firm environment, yet it's important to make it enjoyable for people. @Nulaye is an example of this, I will never forget her crazy market ads and crazyness all the time, yet she would lead and do the job regardless. 

Everyone brings something different to the Tyrannus position, their own style in align of what @Sartan has willed for Mhaldor to be guided into or by. So I have enjoyed the Ruth Era overall of bringing in players to rebuild the city, I have enjoyed immensely working with her and will continue to do so despite her now change to Dreadlord. Just opens up another door. 

@Xinna you have taken on a lot of responsibility. If I have any advice at all for you it is to really find yourself a group of support-system that you can count on. And don't forget to delegate. You don't have to do everything yourself. Don't sweat the small stuff. 

• ZarlaZarla Somewhere deep within Mhaldor...
    Antidas said:
    Zarla said:
     back when we were still Ebon-Fisting. 
    Phrasing
    We oppress. We dominate.

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Yeah, I came back to you stepping down. D:

Working with @Ruth has been cool. I don't think I would've gotten more involved if it wasn't for you. People in power can get crazy so it was very nice to know that the big boss is someone sane and someone you can talk/discuss/debate with in a constructive manner.

And congratulations to @Xinna. Looking forward  to fun new beginnings. :)
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• @Ruth I'm pretty bummed I didn't get to know more of you/about you before you stepped down, though now that you're free from the shackles perhaps I'll get a better chance.

@Xinna Now I'll never get to know you because you'll be so busy with work. :neutral: And paperwork. :neutral: :neutral: 
  • Watchman said:
    @Ruth I'm pretty bummed I didn't get to know more of you/about you before you stepped down, though now that you're free from the shackles perhaps I'll get a better chance.

@Xinna Now I'll never get to know you because you'll be so busy with work. :neutral: And paperwork. :neutral: :neutral: 

Erghhh. Paperwork is what minions are for. I plan to sell all of my protégés, delegate all of my responsibilities, and then kick back and rule the world.
  • Wait what

• Xinna said:
    Watchman said:
    @Ruth I'm pretty bummed I didn't get to know more of you/about you before you stepped down, though now that you're free from the shackles perhaps I'll get a better chance.

Erghhh. Paperwork is what minions are for. I plan to sell all of my protégés, delegate all of my responsibilities, and then kick back and rule the world.
    I'll give you half a chewed lycopod for Cooper.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited April 2015
    Thank you to all of you who have left me kind words. I am glad to know that I made a difference to quite a number of you, both inside Mhaldor and outside of it. I even somehow managed to resurrect @Tirac and the rest of the dormantish people for comments. I'm impressed. Cheers!

Edit: I'm sure I could make a font out of my handwriting somewhere.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Cooper said:
    Wait what
    @Xinna he's volunteering for paperwork wow
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Watchman said:
    Xinna said:
    Watchman said:

I'll give you half a chewed lycopod for Cooper.

You can keep the half of a chewed lycopod, if you take @Cooper.

(I really hope you like hunting honors mobs).

• *dying to honors mobs and guards

• edited April 2015

Oh, right. Guards too.

J/k, ily. I cannot trade away Cooper meatshield.

Also, so as to not highjack @Ruth's thread. @Ruth used the word "excellent" in a sentence with me yesterday. Omg.

I was busy raiding, so I did not even have the chance to properly savor it. Dreadlord Ruth is so much nicer than Tyrannus Ruth.

• I'll go hunting honors/guards with Cooper because I have the utmost confidence he'll bring lots of people who will get targeted before me.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Before Kemnast I told Xinna "Yeah we only need 7 and we can do it easy". 3 seconds before going in "Oh by the way i lied i have no idea how many this takes".