The Xorani

124»

Comments

• I like how powerful the ormyrr are. Long may their occupation of the Siroccians continue.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    At least they don't chase, but 1v1 with them is pretty tough I have to hit and run them in lesser most of the time (save getting a big crit).  Great xp and gold, I hope they stay, fun hunting.
  • I was more showing someone how powerful they were rather than bitching about how powerful they were. I don't mind them being very strong. It's sort of cool.

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    I find it funny how some people view it as ooh good bashing.
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Haha. You can't really bash them. Two can take down anyone. Dragons and highly artied people can take one down. Two will smash them in their face, though.

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    I was commenting on the challenge and satistaction of killing ormyrrs. It's not bad. It's hard to feel rly threatened when it's highly improbable that the world will end.
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Heathen.Heathen.
  • Ok, this is a new low for my relationship with these forums. I definitely did not type that twice.

Anyway, really liking the event so far. Looking forward to when Ashtan gets involved.

• Sarapis said:
    Cooper said:
    I can't tank a single ormyrr as a level 104 heavily artifacted monk with a truefavour and runes. They are just under DK strength.
    Unfortunately, what it comes down to is either the large group of high-level players can easily smack them around or they present a real threat. No real solution there, except that with a world event that's clearly meant to be on the rather epic and all-involving level, we have to be able to have things that can challenge very powerful players. Otherwise the solution to all events is "call Delphinus" or whatever. 
    Could always have high level players (and groups of smaller players) able to smack them around alone  while you're not directing it (the mooks), then when you ARE directly controlling things from the shadow they'll be buffed a tad (the elite mooks). It's quite silly that we need to have players from 2-3 cities (Think we were 20-30 players?)  to be able to make a dent in them normally when they'll just respawn a few minutes after

• Our high level players routinely go down into hell itself (or the Underworld if you prefer) and smack around everything in there with impunity.  We routinely kill an ancient dragon that could burninate the entire continent.  Our city guards are stronger than a 20 foot long wyrm that spews hellfire constantly.

It is a pretty -ed up situation when none of us can even make a dent in an invading force with huge amounts of us assisting.
  • Yes, and I can tell you now that if you got 12 deathknights in one room (or two or three yudhishthiras), those same players would drop like flies. Those denizens are specifically split up and arranged as so as to be bashable. If you went and replaced them all with Ormyrr, I'm 100% confident I could solo it with equal ease.

To use your example, if the Underworld was the aggressor in this event and sent out scorpions/dks in place of ormyrr guards/priests, the exact same thing would happen (except it'd be funnier, because scorpions induce unpressidented amounts of rage).

• You are operating under the assumption that a) this event would be as interesting without overwhelming odds and b) the Ormyrr don't naturally live in a more hostile environment. Maybe they spend their free time AXKing deathknight-esque enemies.

(The rate they own us you at supports something similar to this)
  • edited November 2012
    Nvm, don't want it to get Tecpis'ed
  • You just wait, those Ormyrr are sneaky. Once they learn to copy our tattoos and start starbursting it'll get real.

• Cooper said:
    Haha. You can't really bash them. Two can take down anyone. Dragons and highly artied people can take one down. Two will smash them in their face, though.
    One is pretty easy for an unartied, unruned dragon who's out of moss. Two require a little hit and run, but isn't bad.
  • Eld said:

Cooper said:
    Haha. You can't really bash them. Two can take down anyone. Dragons and highly artied people can take one down. Two will smash them in their face, though.
    One is pretty easy for an unartied, unruned dragon who's out of moss. Two require a little hit and run, but isn't bad.
    I can do 3 as Magi with hit/run, well any combo of 3 non-Priests. Haven't fought a priest alone yet to figure out exactly how they work. Just wish they were worth more xp and the Mhaldorians wouldn't interfere :P

• Huge xp, huge essence.
  • Mizik said:
    Huge xp, huge essence.
    And the ormyrr aren't bad, either.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    also lots of gold.  Made 50k hunting them for about an hour and a half and that was with waiting for the lot of them to respawn.  
  • Mizik said:
    Huge xp, huge essence.
    Having actually managed to check, I concede this point!

• edited November 2012

My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • Figured since I was on here posting on another important issue regarding my character that I'd speak my mind on this one as well:
    I think the event, in general, is a decent one. There are some intricacies to it that seem rather nice. Certain it'll be a very nice foundation for those Xorani characters' backgrounds (which is something they've needed for a while).

Unfortunately I see little to no involvement with my own character, as seems to happen with most world events. Can't help in the raids vs Ormyrr due to not being dragon; literally die before I can even sip health. She's also not big on the idea of the equivalent of repetitive suicide in a hope to uhh...well, just going 'Leeroy' since it does nothing of benefit. Means she can't follow those going to explore, either, since they often run into said Denizens. The character also isn't a century old, so doesn't know enough to offer any real input in talks regarding it. She also isn't combat-oriented. So the most she can really do is sit on the sideline and stare in awe, which makes the event feel very hollow (like seeing something on the news as opposed to experiencing it).