The Xorani

Comments

• Yeah, sorry about the grammatical errors. I was running him and while I had a script all laid out, I like to be able to ad lib a bit so I was retyping everything as I was relating it to you guys. Probably not the best way to go.
  • Just read his speech, and regardless of the grammar I liked it. Now I'm chewing my fingers, gathering embers and waiting for whats next.
  • To be fair, this guys friend he's had longer than civilisation just got mangled by otherworldly giant earthworms with wings and transplanar powers. Would be pretty concerned if he was rolling pros off the tongue flawlessly.

Loving it so far, completely did not see that coming. Echoing the sentiment about this being an amazing change of pace.

• HaldonHaldon I forgot...
    I was cruising through the desert in the wilderness map when all this was happening, and just missed it all by mere minutes. Glad to see a well done event involving the Xoran. Gives those of us in Mayapples clan some sense of belonging again.

I have really liked the dark tone. After reading the event posts detailing the enslavement etc I had to log out and digest it all; I was quite saddened to the point my kids noticed and asked me what was wrong.
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead.
  • Cardan said:
    Draqoom said:
    Only thing I wonder is what happens now when I finally reach 99 :/
    We'll reset you back to level 1 and you'll have to do it all over again, of course.
    I'll go for that if you actually reset to newbiehood with newbie area privileges and newbie areas are changed to count towards explorer rankings!
  • They stole my ember :(
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited October 2012
    Vincenzio said:
    Sarapis said:
    Yeah. Most of the Gods have been keeping track of Vincenzio's progress pretty closely the past week+. It was pretty funny, from our perspective, as we were all just waiting and waiting on him to hit level 99, and I'm sure he had no idea. 

Ha, Yup a lot of things make sense now.  How awkward, I feel a bit bad about the waiting and waiting part, sometimes I would be in the realms and just be happily strolling around Cyrene, oblivious to it all.
    That time you walked into and got killed by the ormyrr four times in the span of an hour probably didn't help settle any admins' nerves, either.

Then again, perhaps that's the IC reason the ormyrr/Dala'myrr knew that you were next in line for Dragon.
  • I've really enjoyed the player interaction at this part of the event regarding Vincenzio.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Mannimar said:
    They stole my ember :(
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited October 2012
    @Sarapis [-X
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • @Melodie Sometimes the only way to deal with grief is humor.
  • I wonder what the Gods place in all of this?
  • they're going down next
  • CardanCardan The Garden
    I see how it is now....... :-S
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Rean has been consumed by the fires of a primal ember.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    edited October 2012
    Oceana said:
    Rean has been consumed by the fires of a primal ember.
     Isolated incident?  I think not.

- 2012/10/26 09:52:41 - Rean has been consumed by the fires of a primal ember.
    - 2012/10/26 11:09:41 - Rean has been consumed by the fires of a primal ember.
    - 2012/10/26 11:22:41 - Rean has been consumed by the fires of a primal ember.
    - 2012/10/26 12:49:41 - Rean has been consumed by the fires of a primal ember.
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    - 2012/10/26 14:18:24 - Nemutaur has been consumed by the fires of a primal ember.

Also looking painful:

- 2012/10/26 12:49:41 - Rean has been consumed by the fires of a primal ember.
    - 2012/10/26 12:49:41 - As the flames lick over your body, flesh cracks and muscles char. Waves of
    exruciating agony wash over you until, with a sense of relief and dread, they consume your nerves
    themselves and leave you succumbing to the numbness of death.
  • Yeah, the funny thing is I was waiting for a pulse of damage and it didn't show up, then one or two intervals later the insta kill came.
  • edited November 2012
    Am I the only one with a...pretty severe issue of how the Ormyrr are being fought?  Honestly, they move in too many numbers to fight reasonably (unless I'm just unlucky as hell) and individually, they seem to be around UW denizen strength.  It's hardly a grand tale if it basically boils down to "And then they oneshotted us all at once, but one of us got a shot in.  So then we all respawned and repeatedly did that for about twelve hours until they died."
    This is what I see us as.

• I only participated in one group attack on the ormyrr and it went nicely on the first try. I guess it just comes down to having enough numbers.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    With a organized coalition we are doing just fine.
  • I can't tank a single ormyrr as a level 104 heavily artifacted monk with a truefavour and runes. They are just under DK strength.

• Cooper said:
    I can't tank a single ormyrr as a level 104 heavily artifacted monk with a truefavour and runes. They are just under DK strength.
    Unfortunately, what it comes down to is either the large group of high-level players can easily smack them around or they present a real threat. No real solution there, except that with a world event that's clearly meant to be on the rather epic and all-involving level, we have to be able to have things that can challenge very powerful players. Otherwise the solution to all events is "call Delphinus" or whatever.