The Xorani

Just putting this here for discussion around the event that's going on w/ the Xorani. Hope you're liking it thus far! (The journal chronicled in events #385 and the journal entries/prophecies found in events #386 are the first real content I've created for Achaea since 2006, I believe.)

Comments

• I'm loving it so far!  Thanks for this!
  • edited October 2012
    I'm loving everything about it, so far.  Good work!

If only we could get that tortoise to talk. ;)
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    I really like the dark tone of this arc a lot. The event posts have been the first that I have carefully read and reread and not just skimmed over in a long time. Dragging mutilated corpses into a lava pool has been pretty fun as well.
  • It has managed to be both captivating and somewhat unsettling. I'm quite fond of it so far!
  • edited October 2012
    I'm guessing that the Xorani in the story are from another planet, yes? Might it be possible for Xorani characters to finally discover their race's homeland(or homeplanet, as it is)? 

EDIT: Oh wait, it probably is. But reading it again, I remembered that I have this predilection for apocalyptic journal entries. Elara's fate is rather tragic though.

• edited October 2012
    Did anyone log the most recent contact?

Similar to @Vayne, this is the first game related anything that I actually took the time to soak up every word, and even re-read things, I'm dying to hear what's happened.
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    I love how so much is said with so little words. My heart went out to Elara when I read what happened. More words would have been too much.
  • Oceana said:
    I love how so much is said with so little words. My heart went out to Elara when I read what happened. More words would have been too much.
    Tragic, indeed. There was a heartwarming moment when her Brood read her journal entries and took them as sacred text. Now that's dedication.

• I'm loving it, aside from sitting there for like 3 hours last night while nothing happened. It's been really creepy so far though!

• so are Xorans mammalian? Apparently they can be birthed live and drink milk.

• I think it's an interesting twist that explains some of the mamillian features that you see in the descendents, such as the Xorani teacher.

• edited October 2012
    They could be ovoviviparous but I don't know about the milk part....
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • nah, can't be ovoviviparous, or at least not the ones talked about in the journal. They were birthed from a human mother.

• Really tho? Brazier bashing the denizens while the gods aren't even around to move the event forward?

• Liked because I agree with the criticism, not the act itself.
  • Wondering what will happen after this, really. We'll see.
  • You'd think that considering the number of deathsights - including some notably high-level, heavily artefacted dragons - that people would just leave them alone rather than going "It's new, I'd better kill it."
  • Antonius said:
    You'd think that considering the number of deathsights - including some notably high-level, heavily artefacted dragons - that people would just leave them alone rather than going "It's new, I'd better kill it."
    I did leave them alone just because of all the deathsights >_>
    I've gotten too close to Logosian to just go kill myself on a pile of denizens that I wouldn't even make a dent in.
    That may be fun for the rest of you, but I'd like actually having a chance.
  • Antonius said:
    You'd think that considering the number of deathsights - including some notably high-level, heavily artefacted dragons - that people would just leave them alone rather than going "It's new, I'd better kill it."

Lord British Postulate. 

Agreed with Silas and Delphinus, anyway.

• Chryenth said:
    Lord British Postulate. 

:)
  • Perhaps there is a conspiracy afoot to allow this story to play out as intended..... with some player input and interaction, but not the ability to totally derail it as we saw in a previous event.

Enjoying watching this play out. Nice seeing some new and different people involved, as well. It does get tiring when it is the same old faces every time. I'm sitting back and enjoying watching it unfold. The delight of sheer enjoyment in the feedback I am hearing is well worth the not experiencing it first-hand.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Ormyrr??
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena

Himalia sailing to parts unknown, rumors of Carme seen in the presence of Tsol'aa-like beings, Elara dragged away by a scaled hand.

Were the respective "reappearance" events of these Offspring already planned (even if only roughly) at the time their stories in the Mythos were written?

• Thank you.  I really like plotlines that pick up on the threads available in the Mythos and the darker tone is a surprising and positive change.
  • Been a while since I actually wanted to re-read a newspost a day after reading it the first one. -Definitely- the first time one came close to keeping me awake at night.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • I suppose on a similar note to what I said above, I guess the ADP has been wrong all this time

• Some of this looks familiar to me, but most of it new. A single bar on my wifi? Time to log in and head north before it disappears!
  • Okay, that was such a good idea. *dead*  But as far as the event goes, I feel a little personally (and probably undeservedly) important this is the event that Matt decided to work on first.