Cycles

Just a random idea, so hopefully others find it interesting.  What do you think about the idea of incorporating "cycles" into achaea.  Like yearly, monthly, or even decade long, weekly, and daily long cycles.  Perhaps these could grant minor utility bonuses to races, classes, cities, orders or whatever.  So for example each achaean month might be associated with a certain race, on that achaean month you would get a minor bonus if you are that race.  Like grook regeneration in water would increase 10% or something.  You could even have have festivals or celebrations for those people sort of like logosmas.  I just think it would add a bit of variety, randomness, and realness to the game.  Might even offer new lines of rp around worshiping the various cycles of nature

Comments

• Gem of Transmutation sales would skyrocket, if nothing else.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• This is sort of already a thing with harmony and empowerment (yearly buffs)...it would be neat for races to have festivals and such but I imagine that's something racial clans could spearhead. There are ways to incorporate that type of stuff without necessarily adding more mechanics.
  • Sarathai said:
    Gem of Transmutation sales would skyrocket, if nothing else.
    since you said it, it probably unintentionally give Him some inspiration to generating more sales on it. :P

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Sorta like the stars in Aetolia? When a constellation comes into prominence its gives certain buffs and certain debuffs from the constellation opposing it. You can control these by buying a star hart and you can basically pick which buffs you want.
  • And here I was thinking that we were proposing the implementation of bicycle mounts, so that I have an excuse to play this while mounted: