Spelling mistakes

Comments

• Anaidiana said:
    Oceana said:
    Prize: something you can win.
    Price: something you must pay to obtain something.
    And then there's Prise - to force open by levering (think harvesting pearls).

edit @#$&@#$@ spelling

And then there's Captain Price:

• Captain Price doesn't need soulspears. Soulspears need Captain Price.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Flare - A sudden burning, or expanding outwards.
    flair - Suave or cultured.
    Flair - That was-rotten-now-healed crazy guy who must suffer the - worst- sunburn, ever.

Was trying to help a friend design a dress, and had to figure out which flare to use. I was tempted to put Flair in the dress, to be honest.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Oh jee THANKS @Melodie :P
    meh

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    It was a very pretty dress! Just, the thought of a sore-infested purple-haired Nihilist in a dress amused me greatly.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • This has been happening a lot lately. Makes me sadface.

Apart: separate
    A part: together

Please!
    Tvistor said:
    Achievement Unlocked : Made A God Feel Guilty.
  • Thanks. :) Just thought I'd put this up here though, as I know I'm not the only dyslexic player. I also wanted to thank the admin for making something that's helped my writing get so good. :)
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • Lodi said:
    We struggle with spelling and grammar because of a specific learning difficulty, not through laziness or stupidity.
    That sort of implies it's ok to ridicule people who misspell things because of stupidity though, but a lack of intelligence is just as much not the fault of the person as dyslexia. Laziness is the one that's distinctly different in that aspect.
  • edited November 2012
    I don't think it does imply this, but sorry if it came across that way. Wasn't meant to :)
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • No big deal, I just wanted to disagree with throwing stupidity and laziness into the same bin.
  • After all, you can't cure laziness. Lethargy and weariness, on the other hand...
  • Shoot  versus Chute. More fun homophones. 

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Iocun said:
    Lodi said:
    We struggle with spelling and grammar because of a specific learning difficulty, not through laziness or stupidity.
    That sort of implies it's ok to ridicule people who misspell things because of stupidity though, but a lack of intelligence is just as much not the fault of the person as dyslexia. Laziness is the one that's distinctly different in that aspect.
    "Lazy" is such an ugly word. I'd much rather it be called "not giving a sh*t."
  • LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    Martial and Marshall.
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • And martial vs. marital. Seen so many mistakes with this recently.
  • Alyssea said:
    And martial vs. marital. Seen so many mistakes with this recently.
    This mistake could be simple dyslexia or uneven typing (I know I personally do 'teh' and 'yuor' if I'm not paying attention).

• suprise!  i'd like to complement you on your new dress.
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • One I thankfully don't see around Achaea, but really annoys me elsewhere is people saying 'that is so devine!'

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• discrete vs. discreet. Forget if it was mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but it bugs me (at least when it's not a simple typo)

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Jiraishin said:
    discrete vs. discreet. Forget if it was mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but it bugs me (at least when it's not a simple typo)
    Oh, thanks for mentioning this, since I hadn't been aware of this difference! (Doesn't help that both terms are the same word in German: "diskret".)
  • @Iocun Somewhat surprising that they're the same word, given how little relation the concepts bear to each other.
  • this guy is definately the most dominate ever.
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Eld said:
    @Iocun Somewhat surprising that they're the same word, given how little relation the concepts bear to each other.
    They used to be the same word in English too.
  • Sena said:
    Eld said:
    @Iocun Somewhat surprising that they're the same word, given how little relation the concepts bear to each other.
    They used to be the same word in English too.
    Fair enough. Homonyms are just weird sometimes.
  • I have issues with other such English homophones which also share the same, similar-sounding translation in German. Took me quite long to get price/prize right, which are both "Preis" in German.
  • As an ESL professor, I must say that I'm quite in love with this thread. :D I should send my students here! Haha.

• OceanaOceana North Sea
    edited January 2013
    @Adalie You should make them play Achaea as an assignment! No more "dog ate my homework".

Edit: added Adalie.