Regarding Content

Hello

- I dont know if this is in the right place, but please feel free to move it if it isnt -. 

okay so, i've been wondering, all the content in Achaea, is it Player made? is it bendable? to what point? im asking this things because, i have the feeling this game has all the right signs to allow players to create custom content, and i have lots of ideas. For example, the Houses/Organizations (like the Quisalis) are they player made? or they have been there since the launch of this MUD?
What if i want to create a new house, a new clan/organization or a new city, am i allowed to do it? and if so, how?

what im trying to say is, what are the posibilities of my character interacting with this universe? its all for the sake of RP ofcourse, see I think my character is meant to do great things, but I dont like following the prederemined paths, i like creating new ones. So yeah, thats pretty much it.

Regards
Himadaen

Comments

• You can create clans at will (well, assuming you can afford the cost in gold). Houses and especially cities, however, are giant efforts that require lots of work on the part of the admin. All of the Houses and all but one of the existing cities were created long after Achaea opened almost 20 years ago, but it's not really a matter of a single player just deciding to do something. It's a matter of the admin (us) feeling like the game needs something along the lines of X, and there being Y player(s) who is/are influential enough in the game to deserve to be brought in as a founder of that city/House. Then comes the work of building out that House or City (not just rooms, but all the ideology and structure that goes along with them), and then RPing out the introduction of said House or City.
  • edited March 2015
    Pretty much everything in the game is subject to change by players, but some things are a lot less likely. A new city is very unlikely to happen, and after the currently ongoing renaissance (old Houses are being destroyed and new ones are being created, with a lot of player influence) a new House is very unlikely. Those are pretty static at this point; early in the game, cities and houses (guilds back then) were more fluid and new ones could reasonably be created, but they're mostly set in stone at this point (and any changes will likely be started from the admin rather than players). Players have a lot of room to change/guide them (rewriting laws and policies for example). You'll have to be able to get others to go along with your ideas though, one person can't restructure a city on a whim.

The Quisalis and Ivory Marks aren't player-run organisations, and players have pretty limited influence over them.

There's no limit on making clans, and they can become high clans with more official recognition. If you want to start a new organisation, that's the route you should go. Again though, it's not something you can do alone of you want it to go anywhere.
  • @Sarapis @Sena Alright, good to know, yeah i have no intention on creating a City lol I was just wondering (Plus I have no intention on doing what im planning on doing in a matter of days). A house would have been interesting, but not what i have in mind either, a Clan however, yeah thats something like what i have in mind, and regarding the Quisalis nad the Ivory Mark, yeah i noticed they were NPCish, but its kind of what im aiming for. not same function thoug. Anyways good, good. i have lots to write now. Thanks!