In your opinion, which city is going to be the strongest ten achaean years from now?

Comments

• I will never betray Mhaldor and vote for someone else! 

Cities are more than just military as well. Who knows how things will be 10 years from now in the game time based. It will be interesting to see. 

• edited March 2015
    We got something coming to us. And the admins refused to destroy Hashan probably because there's something so awesome and necessary to the game that they want to wrench out at some point. Like.. maybe it's as @Draqoom thought and Hashan will turn into a giant mechanical creature of Darkness and destroy everything. But that's the only way I see it happening. Oh! Maybe that'll be that factional thing we were promised so long ago.

Hashan often does very well despite our lack of experience raiding other cities, and even destroying a room one time. I have a virile and rigid faith in you, Hashan.. to coincide with our other phallic symbols. We shall rise?

I apologize.
  • Karai said:
    We got something coming to us. And the admins refused to destroy Hashan probably because there's something so awesome and necessary to the game that they want to wrench out at some point. Like.. maybe it's as @Draqoom thought and Hashan will turn into a giant mechanical creature of Darkness and destroy everything. But that's the only way I see it happening. Oh! Maybe that'll be that factional thing we were promised so long ago.

Hashan often does very well despite our lack of experience raiding other cities, and even destroying a room one time. I have a virile and rigid faith in you, Hashan.. to coincide with our other phallic symbols. We shall rise?

I apologize.
    Yah we're getting better. Have some good people training more 'casual' combatants so we can at least have useful numbers (I fall in the hopefully useful number category here).
  • Karai said:

I apologize.
    Hot
  • Karai said:
    We got something coming to us. And the admins refused to destroy Hashan probably because there's something so awesome and necessary to the game that they want to wrench (scream) out at some point. Like.. maybe (in ecstasy and) it's as @Draqoom thought and Hashan will turn into a giant mechanical creature of Darkness and destroy everything. But that's the only way I see it happening. Oh! Maybe that'll be that factional thing we were promised so long ago.

I apologize.

ftfy bby <3

• Jules said:
    Syri said:
    Cosmetologist, the next Achaean class.

It's going to be big.

AB BIGHAIR

Your hair is so big, it's full of secrets.  You can deliver two masked afflictions POOF HAIR <venom1> <venom2>

If they don't use headslam as an attack, I will burn the world.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Let's be honest

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  •  Ashtan with the overwhelming numbers of people who are proficient in combat and those capable of leading.  Seragorn, Cadarus, Jhui, Mizik, Daslin, Dalran, Jinsun, Hirst, Dunn, Ethoas, Jarrod, Jarrel, Rennyn (He's ranked, guessing he's active but I never see him), Nemutaur, Kinilan, Qwindor, Kross, Dortheron....I know I'm missing several more.  No other city has the number of fighters to even match that list with levels of competency in combat.  And there are several that are inactive that would probably come back if there was even a hint of Ashtan struggling because they'd actually be interested in a real threat to the dominance of the city.

C'mon, guys.

• Shit, I knew I forgot someone....Kyrra!
  • I don't lead. I'm a lone wolf, fly solo...

Jarrel-smalljpg

• Hmph, poll is invalid, where's Shallam?

• What's this 'Shallam' thing? Is it a kind of food?

• Sarathai said:
    Synbios said:
    What's this 'Shallam' thing? Is it a kind of food?
    Seafood.
    Sounds delicious. Get me one of those Shallam things one day!

• edited March 2015
    Eleusis because @gaia has foreseen it.
  • MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains
    Perhaps the Garden of the Gods should just officially create a city structure and wreak havoc on Sapience for a good decade...

• Twilight said:
    Sartan said:
    And I will take over Tectonotopia and rename it Mhaldor.
    You keep your dirty phallic shrines out of My Tectonotopia (aka flying crystal underground fortress).
    F-flying underground?

Truly, a God worthy of worship.
    Adet said:
    Masaryk said:
    Perhaps the Garden of the Gods should just officially create a city structure and wreak havoc on Sapience for a good decade...
    Clearly that wouldn't work.  You have a dozen different ideologies, all at one another's throats.  So many different point of view, the petty arguments would prevent anything ever happening, and every group would hate every member of every other group.  How could that possibly function as a city? 

Veldrin said:
    Shallam?
    ...I'll get my coat
    Clearly this wasn't a serious idea.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    T'was a joke you missed  :p

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

Ah, well done...

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited March 2015
    The only way to really resolve this is war. Fight each other, darn it. The rogues without any city affiliations will just be sitting in their little hermit caves waiting to loot the battlefields and kill the victors as they sit in their destroyed cities sleeping off the celebratory rum rousing. 
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    You all are seriously underestimating the potential of Thera.

• Kresslack said:
    You all are seriously underestimating the potential of Thera.
    Or Delos!
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Thera's backing Ashtan though. Delos is just going to stop selling artefacts so you should stock up now.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Actually, the Tsol'dasi Ur'Vampires from Istarion will raise an undead army and conquer all of Sapience.

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Mishgul said:
    Who is silly enough to think this isn|t the beginning of the revolution
    Agreed

Exelethril said:
    I foresee a genius programmer will join the ranks of Hashan and will give all Hashani godlike scripts, then they will F1 all other cities to death.
    Hashan already has one. But to be fair she's usually busy taking selfies.

---
    Ten years from now is a totally different subject. As far as the cities go, Ashtan has been in power most of the game from my understanding. While other cities have had certain times of power in and out.

But 10 years totally different subject.

Classes are going to be completely overhauled.

New class or classes are likely going to be added.

People are going to stop playing. Some people are going to die and never come back from dormancy.

Gods will go in and out of dormancy/be replaced entirely.

People will get bored and switch cities for a new lease on the game.

Houses will likely get a huge change by 10 years time.

--
    With how the games been changing so much lately. I honestly think the only reason Ashtan has stayed in power/is still in power is just the people that have joined it and the people who want to play with them. If for instance Half of the Ashtan fighters decide to go to Mhaldor then Ashtan's not only lost alot of there power. but at the same time Mhaldor just gained it.

Targ, Personally I see staying in the middle of the power struggle with it's up's and downs Because it's Team good. Which means it's a strict city with strict rp.

Ashtan Will top the list hit about middle or turn into Cyrene. Personally I think as someone posted earlier about all the Talent Ashtan has. If they left and joined another city Ashtan would be the same as Eleusis atm.

Mhaldor I don't think Mhaldor will ever be the top of the cities. It might have it's brief moments but cities like Mhaldor (and Targ honestly) have this huge problem of. If the god goes dormant than the city sucks.

Cyrene I have come to the conclusion that Cyrene is Ashtan with out the combatants. You have the people who will try but in general the people there just want peace and to play the game. Could of course completely change with the right leadership and the willingness of the citizens.

Eleusis Hit and miss. Eleusis could top Ashtan with a few more good combatants, time zones play a huge factor from what i've seen in Eleusis though.

Hashan My choice. Personally I have problems deciding if Twilight is the coolest god in the game or the lamest. With Twilight around, Personally I think it will draw in more players. Depending on how long Twlight is around is a huge factor here as well. The Kharon/Black Lotus/Whatever it's getting turned into has also been one of the best houses in the game and may draw folks in. but the main reason I pick hashan is because I personally see alot of Talent in Hashan that is lacking guidance if some big combatants joined and taught and people learned. put focus into combat Hashan could easily be the top city in the game. The problem with Hashan though as I see it. Is the city in general is completely set in it's ways. With a little ump here and there I can see Hashan prosper. with the renaissance coming soon I think hashan might get the ump it needs.

On the other hand in 10 years I think Achaea will have completely turned into automated combat. thus Combat will have to be completely reworked in some way to stop automation from being used. I don't know if that's plausable or not but I see something like this happening in the future.

For the future no one really knows what will happen, to many Variables. the safest bet would be of course Ashtan, but im going to go on a limb and put my money on Hashan.