Constructive Criticism Discussion

2»

Comments

• Kresslack said:
    What about the dryad on the torture rack in redacted, begging for you to kill her? There's no way to free her from her shackles, so then the choice becomes...kill her and end her suffering or leave her to it.
    @Kresslack : to be honest, that's one of the things about Achaea that depresses me. That and finding corpses of little helpless kittens and stuff. Granted, that's necessary and realistic RP to fill the gamut of people's likes and needs, and I don't deny that, but still.
  • emote cuts loose @dryad's chains with a few void-empowered slicing cuts of Lifeless Sun, sheathing the blade after each quick cut until the blade manages to cut loose each manacle

say quick, follow me, I'll get you out of here!

say why aren't you following me, don't you want to be free?

say come on already, Cyrene's dragons will throw gold at you just to get you a home

say *condescendingly ugh, denizens.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Silvarien said:
    Kresslack said:
    What about the dryad on the torture rack in redacted, begging for you to kill her? There's no way to free her from her shackles, so then the choice becomes...kill her and end her suffering or leave her to it.
    @Kresslack : to be honest, that's one of the things about Achaea that depresses me. That and finding corpses of little helpless kittens and stuff. Granted, that's necessary and realistic RP to fill the gamut of people's likes and needs, and I don't deny that, but still.
    Javert your eyes.

• Kresslack said:
    Silvarien said:
    Kresslack said:
    Javert your eyes.
    I am not saying that stuff is not needed for Achaea to be what it is. Achaea approaches fantasy from all the angles. I just mean myself, personally.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Silvarien said:
    Kresslack said:
    Silvarien said:
    Kresslack said:
    Javert your eyes.
    I am not saying that stuff is not needed for Achaea to be what it is. Achaea approaches fantasy from all the angles. I just mean myself, personally.
    I know, was a bit of forum facetiousness.

• Kresslack said:
    Silvarien said:
    Kresslack said:
    Silvarien said:
    Kresslack said:
    Javert your eyes.
    I know, was a bit of forum facetiousness.
    Apologies, I misread.
  • Nim said:
    emote cuts loose @dryad's chains with a few void-empowered slicing cuts of Lifeless Sun, sheathing the blade after each quick cut until the blade manages to cut loose each manacle

say come on already, Cyrene's dragons will throw gold at you just to get you a home

Turn rack
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Aodfionn said:
    Rules are as follows. 

1. It's protected if it worships the Bloodsworn or some similar iteration. 

2. It's encouraged if it worships Evil/Chaos/Darkness/Whatever Divine we're engaged in a shrine war with. 

3. Anything that doesn't fit into #1 or #2 is viewed as neutral. You can kill neutral stuff if you can think of some decent reason why they're not worthy of protection. 

I think the guidelines are great. That said, I still really wish we could get the thumbs up to relax stuff like Moghedu, but that will require consensus and effort from both the playerbase and the relevant admin. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll get it, because no flimsy theological excuse is quite going to hide the fact that we mostly just want to be able to go HAM on more areas.
    We did that in shallam, until it became the point of innocents was a term only saved for things that we knew we couldn't get away with. Honestly it was a depressing time even for someone like me who does little rp. Protecting the weak, and Saving the innocent by it's ideals is the main thing I think of when I think of a good side.

• Kresslack said:

My memory banks recall that the dryad encourages you to end her life so her spirit can return to her sisters. Perhaps their way of self-resurrection?

• On one hand, it makes me sad that there's (presumably) never been an event to free any of the slaves, and no quest to do anything about them, etc.

On the other hand, at least all it takes is one look at the slaves in Manara to go "yeah, gnolls are jerks," and feel good about killing them. I wish more places were like that. :c
  • Ever since Bron was Mojushai, he's followed two rules in regard to hunting:

1. Do not murder sentient denizens who lack evil in their hearts.
    2. Those who attack you or those you hold most dear must die.

'Evil' is a loose interpretation, granted. When he found out that a band of mercenaries was oppressing a local village, he turned the mercenary camp into a graveyard. When he saw the suffering and torture in a fortress, he vindicated the suffering of the prisoners there a hundredfold.

Yet when he hunted the Goblin Village one day, and one of the younger goblins pantomimed Bronislav as some great, glorious hero (Likely one of the random responses that depends on feelings and Bronislav's level in comparison), he stopped. Reflected in a being whose intelligence was arguably pitiful, the young goblin saw more in Bronislav than he saw in himself. He hasn't hunted there since, and to this day, he occasionally ponders the possibility for a school there.

• There is a school there, p sure.

• Silas said:
    There is a school there, p sure.
    There is. It has 8 goblin children in it. It's a very messy room after I visit it...
  • Nim said:
    emote cuts loose @dryad's chains with a few void-empowered slicing cuts of Lifeless Sun, sheathing the blade after each quick cut until the blade manages to cut loose each manacle

Would be nice to have a quest there and a few other places that allowed you to save the denizen. Shouldn't be to hard to code.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    I like it when quests have different endings, like the Tara quest in Belladona's keep. I don't know how difficult it is to create quests like that, but it offers great variety for character preference. I wish the Sylvos one had a different ending, for instance.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"