Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Ask Your Producer: Valentine's Day 2015

24567

Comments

  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,485Administrator @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Jarrod said:
    Bug discovered for Flay and submitted by someone else (requires venom in a vial, currently doesn't allow for Transcrete)
    We'll get it sorted out!
  • AktillumAktillum PhilippinesPosts: 1,365Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited February 2015
    Awhile back you'd mentioned to me something about splitting off Certimene from Houses. Any more information on that?

    edit: Also, any info on how it might effect the rogue Houses!

  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,485Administrator @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Aktillum said:
    Awhile back you'd mentioned to me something about splitting off Certimene from Houses. Any more information on that?
    Once all of the cities go through their renaissance, we'll be reworking Certimene (and all of the associated house-joining mechanics associated with him) - for you non-city houses (CIJ/Merchants), he'll function mostly the same way (at least from the player-perspective), but lots of changes for other people.
  • KinilanKinilan Posts: 1,250Member, Seafaring Liason @@ - Legendary Achaean
    If you could snap your fingers and change one area in the game which one would it be and why?

    What mechanic or system in Achaea do you hate the most? Why?

    What mechanic do you wish you could copy from another game?

    Why do you think some players have continued to play/return to Achaea after almost two decades. A time frame well beyond which most games even last.

    How is it decided what type of area should be built and where it will go?

    Is there an event you wish never happened and you could undo?

    Why do the Kashari get cannons and I don't? I promise I'd only use them for good.


  • BronislavBronislav MarylandPosts: 304Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I never have any good questions for when this crops up. :frowning:

    Here goes: I really, really like when people in a particular Order, House, or City have to work together to help a denizen - whether it's a lowly villagefolk or a Divine - especially when it has some small impact on the world. When Cyrene ran around trying to find a hangover cure for Lord Scarlatti, when @Sunny had helped the spirit of a lost child, or even when a halfling child meandered into Centre Crossing and spoke with Bronislav just before the CTF - Bron told him that Actar needed strong lads to keep it safe during the event, and promised to give him a head as a souvenir (thankfully, the child never showed up after the fact).

    I know that these mini-mini-events don't do much in the immediate, grand scheme of things. I guess the optimistic part of me likes to think that it might affect hearts and minds to the extent where cities take a more active role in defending certain villages and people, or it could result in something special happening that changes the world a little bit, or whatever. Still, is there anything more like this to look forward to in the future? Would it be too difficult to ask for much more like this? I'd like to think that most of us players want to help add to this world in our own way, and it might be a good way to go about it.

    Thanks in advance. :smile: 



    NicaaraShirszaeTrillianaValaria
  • NicaaraNicaara Posts: 84Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    So when is fishing gonna be not-boring? The most fun I've ever had with it is making dirty pole jerking jokes all the time :< 
    Achimrst
  • ShirszaeShirszae Caer WitrinPosts: 2,790Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    What is your favourite knight spec and why? 

    And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

    image

    ...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,485Administrator @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kinilan said:
    If you could snap your fingers and change one area in the game which one would it be and why?

    What mechanic or system in Achaea do you hate the most? Why?

    What mechanic do you wish you could copy from another game?

    Why do you think some players have continued to play/return to Achaea after almost two decades. A time frame well beyond which most games even last.

    How is it decided what type of area should be built and where it will go?

    Is there an event you wish never happened and you could undo?

    Why do the Kashari get cannons and I don't? I promise I'd only use them for good.


    1) Hrrm, probably Caer Witrin. Nothing to do with any IC reason, just the way that the whole reputation/guard stuff was set up, it likes to fall over if someone breathes on it. I was just saying the other day that we should rework that to use the proper village feelings system.

    2) Hate? I wouldn't say I hate any system. There's some that I wish were developed a little better (Heraldry's manageability/maintainability), or that circumstances were different in development (Clementius not leaving in the middle of ships, without clear roadmaps for the plan).

    3) There are a lot of cool systems in the other games that I like, but a lot of them would be difficult to retrofit into Achaea's culture/backstory. Checking out, say, the new WoW expansion - I really love the garrison system that they added (from a game developer's standpoint), it was a really great minigame system that really conveyed a desire to log into the game more often.

    4) I have a little alert when people log in for the first time in a long time - I really love seeing it pop up saying "Oldbie has just logged in for the first time in 2500 days." Why they log in? I think a big part of it is that we allow you guys to have a really tangible effect on the world; be it through running one of the organisations, participating in events and making a crucial decision that actually changes the outcome of the event and the world, or just generally being awesome and going down in history and getting an aura of reverence surrounding you. Additionally, we try to keep the game evolving while keeping a certain aspect of familiarity - if you leave for 10 years and come back, you'll have some new toys to play with, but you can still pick it back up quickly.

    5) No hard and fast rules there, we have a multi-step process where we come up with a base idea, might be an area that fits somewhere, or it's a more general area that can go "anywhere" (I say that loosely). We'll brainstorm it a bit, weigh the pros and cons, and then make adjustments to suit.

    6) Hrrm, nothing that comes to mind, everything that happens shapes and defines the world a little more, and that's a good thing. There's some aspects of events (usually spontaneous reactions to player input more than anything pre-planned) that can sometimes leave us in a bit of a bind, but it's usually not insurmountable. 

    7) Would it irk you if I told you that their ships can fly too? B)
    BronislavYaeBalynne
  • AalmAalm Posts: 206Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited February 2015
    @Tecton : some would argue there's some arties that might need revision due to the heap of new changes. For example, people have been complaining about palette since Inkmilling and Gathering was out because they felt with inkmilling the cost of the palette in creddies didn't justify its output in inks. With the giant requirements for inks in forging now that might be exacerbated.

    Now, honestly, I also heard some people say palette was just fine. But in principle, are the artie lists being combed for this sort of thing to fix? I can't come up with anymore off the top of my head, but I thought I'd ask.

    Thank you!
  • KinilanKinilan Posts: 1,250Member, Seafaring Liason @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tecton said:


    7) Would it irk you if I told you that their ships can fly too? B)

    Yes, yes it would. 
    Yae
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,485Administrator @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Nicaara said:
    So when is fishing gonna be not-boring? The most fun I've ever had with it is making dirty pole jerking jokes all the time :< 
    We'll probably look at fishing when we're doing our big ship changes, so feel free to email me your concerns/suggestions, and I'll take them under consideration!

  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,485Administrator @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Shirszae said:
    What is your favourite knight spec and why? 
    I really love the dual blunt motif, I played an Infernal for most of my time as a player, and always wanted to go swinging morningstars and flails rather than stabbing people with toothpicks, so to see that finally make it into the game really made me proud!
    ShirszaeAedinTrillianaMelodie
  • AktillumAktillum PhilippinesPosts: 1,365Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited February 2015
    Which would you rather play?

    A- A huge (total overhaul) mod for Skyrim based on Achaea, with all the cities re-created, lots of sidequests for Houses, etc

    B- An Achaea-themed MOBA (like LoL or DoTA) set in Achaea's arenas, with various legendary players as champions (Tanris, Rangor, Carmain, etc)

    C- Monopoly Achaea. Go Directly to Tenwat. Do Not Pass Go. Do Not Collect 2000 Sovereigns.

    D- Something else entirely, but related to the theme here. Plz describe if D.

    AchimrstBluef
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,485Administrator @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Aalm said:
    @Tecton : some would argue there's some arties that might need revision due to the heap of new changes. For example, people have been complaining about palette since Inkmilling and Gathering was out because they felt with inkmilling the cost of the palette in creddies didn't justify its output in inks. With the giant requirements for inks in forging now that might be exacerbated.

    Now, honestly, I also heard some people say palette was just fine. But in principle, are the artie lists being combed for this sort of thing to fix? I can't come up with anymore off the top of my head, but I thought I'd ask.

    Thank you!
    I'm actually planning on sitting down and doing an audit of all of our artefacts for adjustments/improvements in the coming weeks. I'm not sure we'll necessarily make many/any of the refilling item artefacts noticeably better (due to their inherent potential for gold generation), but we'll definitely see if there are tweaks to be made.
    Aalm
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,485Administrator @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kinilan said:
    Tecton said:


    7) Would it irk you if I told you that their ships can fly too? B)

    Yes, yes it would. 
    Then my work here is done! (They can't actually fly)
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,485Administrator @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Just a quick note that I've got to focus on some other things for a bit, but will be checking back periodically for the next couple of hours, and then back more consistently this evening! Keep the awesome questions coming, and I'll answer them ASAP!
  • AustereAustere TennesseePosts: 2,063Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tecton said:

    I'm actually planning on sitting down and doing an audit of all of our artefacts for adjustments/improvements in the coming weeks. I'm not sure we'll necessarily make many/any of the refilling item artefacts noticeably better (due to their inherent potential for gold generation), but we'll definitely see if there are tweaks to be made.
    Can we also get an announce post this time(still not over dirk).  Buyers remorse is incredibly frustrating,  which is why I still haven't responded to our last email <\nice>
  • SethSeth North CarolinaPosts: 145Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I see you mentioned Sentinel skills are being looked at. Has the new Sylvan skill already been made or is it next-ish?

    Also, the new character creation on the website still have old class skills, might want to update those sometime.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,485Administrator @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Seth said:
    I see you mentioned Sentinel skills are being looked at. Has the new Sylvan skill already been made or is it next-ish?

    Also, the new character creation on the website still have old class skills, might want to update those sometime.
    Druid and Sylvan are both after Sentinel, but we're thinking about them all while we work on things, trying to make the classes a lot more unique (even if they share skills).
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,485Administrator @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited February 2015

    Austere said:
    Tecton said:

    I'm actually planning on sitting down and doing an audit of all of our artefacts for adjustments/improvements in the coming weeks. I'm not sure we'll necessarily make many/any of the refilling item artefacts noticeably better (due to their inherent potential for gold generation), but we'll definitely see if there are tweaks to be made.
    Can we also get an announce post this time(still not over dirk).  Buyers remorse is incredibly frustrating,  which is why I still haven't responded to our last email <\nice>
    Yep, will be announce posts with the changes - dirks just fell under the broad weapon stats rebalancing part of "the Big Change."
    Post edited by Tecton on
  • KinilanKinilan Posts: 1,250Member, Seafaring Liason @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ok, hot question.

    What do you think is an acceptable duration for a raid or any other PvP event?
    Herenicus
  • AktillumAktillum PhilippinesPosts: 1,365Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tecton said:
    Aktillum said:
    Which would you rather play?

    A- A huge (total overhaul) mod for Skyrim based on Achaea, with all the cities re-created, lots of sidequests for Houses, etc

    B- An Achaea-themed MOBA (like LoL or DoTA) set in Achaea's arenas, with various legendary players as champions (Tanris, Rangor, Carmain, etc)

    C- Monopoly Achaea. Go Directly to Tenwat. Do Not Pass Go. Do Not Collect 2000 Sovereigns.

    D- Something else entirely, but related to the theme here. Plz describe if D.
    Definitely A, Valnurana and I played around with the Skyrim Creation Kit a while back and re-made Azdun in it, was a lot of fun!

    You uh, wouldn't happen to be willing to put that up for download, would you? :D

  • DracenDracen Posts: 160Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Steam Workshop. Do eet.
    AktillumAedinShirszae
  • KezKez Posts: 646Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Any thoughts on letting smiths get their own private descriptors to forge with?
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,485Administrator @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kinilan said:
    Ok, hot question.

    What do you think is an acceptable duration for a raid or any other PvP event?
    I'd have to say "as long as both sides are having fun."
    HerenicusMelodiePrythe
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsPosts: 2,485Administrator @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited February 2015

    Kez said:
    Any thoughts on letting smiths get their own private descriptors to forge with?
    We've thought about it, yep! Was something that was present for a good portion of the forging overhaul planning, but in the end we decided to launch with the rank-gated exclusivity we have now.

    ETA: That's not to say it's off the books forever, you might see this being offered in the future!
    KezBluef
This discussion has been closed.