where do you live: not as creepy as you think

Comments

• Herenicus said:

That... that looks like Kansas City. :smiley:

I miss Kansas City. Stupid Omaha.

• Wish it was prettier here, but we got neat buildings. Like the inside of this one!

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited January 2015
    Ephram said:
    It's important to note that if you're driving on I-40 in Tennessee, you know you're passing my city when you see this...

It's a mixture of strip malls and small-town with some highlights*...

but the area is really pretty once you get away from people...

*the use of the term highlights here is questionable at best.
    @Caladbolg tell them about our cross, I don't have pics. 

Edit: picture fail, will do later
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Austere said:
    Ephram said:
    It's important to note that if you're driving on I-40 in Tennessee, you know you're passing my city when you see this...

It's a mixture of strip malls and small-town with some highlights*...

but the area is really pretty once you get away from people...

*the use of the term highlights here is questionable at best.

Well see a church used to own this building but couldn't keep the payments up and had to sell, the people they sold it to put in adult world which is yes an adult store. the church still owned some property on the side and put a giant cross (looks alot like that one might be that one pretty sure it's that one) so that everyone who went in to the sinful store would know that god is watching them.

Or at least that's what i've always been told about it.

On a side note it was pretty popular on facebook when Tazville (or however you spell it) got hit by that huge storm someone made a fake picture of the cross falling and crashing into adult world.. terribly photo shopped but tons of people thought it was real.

On unrelated news. There's also a free gun range back behind there. but if you follow the road past adult world you'll go up the mountain to eagle bluff and then pass that and you'll be at eagle mart which is where I buy my cigs.

• I googled it. That is impressive. 

Oh, Tennessee. 
    Yup that's my favorite... uh.. cross >_>

edited January 2015

Found the photoshopped picture

>_> If I think about it tomorrow i'll get a picture of the giant dinosaur near the exit.

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Caladbolg said:
    Austere said:

Well see a church used to own this building but couldn't keep the payments up and had to sell, the people they sold it to put in adult world which is yes an adult store. the church still owned some property on the side and put a giant cross (looks alot like that one might be that one pretty sure it's that one) so that everyone who went in to the sinful store would know that god is watching them.

Or at least that's what i've always been told about it.

On a side note it was pretty popular on facebook when Tazville (or however you spell it) got hit by that huge storm someone made a fake picture of the cross falling and crashing into adult world.. terribly photo shopped but tons of people thought it was real.

On unrelated news. There's also a free gun range back behind there. but if you follow the road past adult world you'll go up the mountain to eagle bluff and then pass that and you'll be at eagle mart which is where I buy my cigs.
    I am pretty sure the cross was put there after the adult world, though, wasn't it?  I dunno, it has been there for forever it seems.  I got sent the photoshop picture like 12 times the day it came out.  Finally, I snapped on someone, "The cross isn't close enough, dumbass."  Also, I think it's Tazewell.  At least how I have always heard it pronounced.

Free gun range?  Do you shoot?  I think I might have finally found somewhere we could meet at if I ever quit Ashtan(No one else wants me).  Not going around you and firearms until I stop being an enemy, though.  Brimestone is probably a safer bet, though hard as hell to plan.
  • HeroseHerose Nova Scotia, Canada
    Cynder said:
    Canada. An inside peek of where I live.

Are you from Southern Alberta!?
  • Saeva said:
    This is where I live.

Downtown here is like 5 by 5 blocks and hardly worth note, but that's down at Cannery Row.  
    Which I guess is mildly interesting for John Steinbeck fans. I live in a gorgeous place, but it's mostly boring around these parts.
    Pfft. Downtown is the aquarium, which happens to be surrounded by some restaurants and touristy shops.

(If I'm feeling less generous, that statement extends to Monterey as a whole.)
  • Eld said:
    Saeva said:
    This is where I live.

pictures 

Downtown here is like 5 by 5 blocks and hardly worth note, but that's down at Cannery Row.  
    Which I guess is mildly interesting for John Steinbeck fans. I live in a gorgeous place, but it's mostly boring around these parts.
    Pfft. Downtown is the aquarium, which happens to be surrounded by some restaurants and touristy shops.

Stuck in this box.
    Well! The aquarium isn't downtown! It's on Cannery Row! Downtown is literally...some boutiques, a few shops, a pub or two, a few restaurants and some banks. It's pretty boring! So boring in fact, people mistake Cannery Row for downtown. :hushed: 

• Saeva said:
    Eld said:
    Saeva said:
    This is where I live.

pictures 

Stuck in this box.
    Well! The aquarium isn't downtown! It's on Cannery Row! Downtown is literally...some boutiques, a few shops, a pub or two, a few restaurants and some banks. It's pretty boring! So boring in fact, people mistake Cannery Row for downtown. :hushed: 
    Oh, right, that part of the city I'd forgotten existed....

In seriousness, though, I'd forgotten how far Cannery Row is even from Fisherman's Wharf, let alone downtown proper. Really, I have nothing against Monterey, I've just never had occasion to spend any time there to speak of aside from the waterfront and the Presidio (and very little at the latter).
  • Haha. A cross and adult world. I know -exactly- where that is, but that has -nothing- on this monstrosity that was hit by lightning, burnt down to the FRAME, was demolished, and replaced with a bigger version. @Caladbolg @Ephram @whoeverelse
    Known as "Big Butter Jesus" or "Touchdown Jesus"

Before lightning.

Post lightning.

"Hug me Jesus"

Also, to make sure I keep putting pictures.

Has to be part of the greatest "thing" we have, aside from the Big Pig Run, and the Oktoberfest/Goettafest we have.

• KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
    We always called it touchdown Jesus, until we heard the song.
  • LannahLannah Rome, NY
    I grew up in Southern NJ about a mile away from this:

Oyster Creek Nuclear Plant

and about 15 minutes away from this:

Funtown Pier, post Hurricane Sandy

Nowadays, I'm around the corner from where this was held:

Woodstock 99

I'm also down the road from:

Fort Stanwix

the Erie Canal

• Southern California.  Traffic, Entertainment, and Beaches.

• The 603! This is all you need to know:

• @Bluef I have a castle in the middle of my city... 

• Bluef said:
    This is my hometown, and the place I've called home for all but 4 years of my life. If you're from here, you call it The Nasty -- Unless you're a business owner or part of the re-branding effort, then you call it Saginawesome, which it can also be at times. 

That's all folks!
    FTFY, @Bluef
    Sex.jpg 346.6K

• Hey, @Trey! Meth is for the zombies down below Toledo. PureSaginaw druggies are proper crackheads, thankyouverymuch. #wishiwasjoking