Dragons!

edited September 2012 in The Matsuhama Arena
So I'm already at the point where I seriously need to consider what color to go with. My current choices are: blue, black or silver. I'm trying to figure out which of those have the best breath weapon for one versus one and I'd really appreciate some input. Anyone?

Comments

• HhaosHhaos Cortland, Ohio
    Blue simply for the affliction chance though color usually doesn't matter for 1 on 1 unless you get really lucky with the freeze affect off a breathstorm while you are setting up breaks to get the bite chain off.
  • edited September 2012
    Yeah, that's what I figured. Thanks for confirming it though. Hrm...
  • Gold, Black, Blue have the best breath weapons.

If I could repick I'd probably go with black or gold.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    I like gold, at the time I picked it because (at least of clhelp gare) it was one of the rarest (red, green, gold, black, silver, blue).  But now it seems to be catching on or I'm just noticing a lot of gold ones now.  I also did some research and apparently gold dragons alignment in D&D is lawful good.

Anyways the popular belief is blue has the best breath weapon both for groups and 1v1.
  • more damage from black and gold, as there are none and few resistances to the damage types.
  • I do honestly enjoy black, mostly because I really really really don't ever plan on getting back in to Dragon 1v1 again, it's just so limiting with out great illusions. And if we get into some odd border skirmish, the stream is very effective.
  • edited September 2012
    Silver's effect is mediocre because you can trigger the aff lines to immediately focus/eat goldenseal. Black's effect is better because it has the highest damage of any of the colours against people who have resistances. Blue is by far the most useful in 1v1; a storm can quite often get you an extra bite with no additional work on your part. It's also the most common colour, so you sacrifice a bit of uniqueness for that utility.
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • If I remember right, Silver has the highest base damage on breath attacks, gold has the 'best' affliction but lowest proc chance, blue has the most reliable good affliction, black has the best damage after breaking a shield.

Don't remember any other info.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Red has the highest base damage on breath attacks by far, though its damage is also reduced the most by resistances.
  • I thought T confirmed silver was highest base in Gare?
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Oh, dunno. If we find someone without miniskills we can test!
  • Gold best for groups.
  • what about green dragons?
  • Carmell was green.

• Sohl said:
    Oh, dunno. If we find someone without miniskills we can test!
    About how much health would be needed to survive? I have an alt that could be used for testing, but I'm not sure if 1719 health will be enough without resistances. I could just gain a few levels if I need to.
  • HhaosHhaos Cortland, Ohio
    well I know that my blast(black) does at most 1200 damage, so depending on artefacts and whatnot it might be a close call with them
  • Sena said:
    Sohl said:
    About how much health would be needed to survive? I have an alt that could be used for testing, but I'm not sure if 1719 health will be enough without resistances. I could just gain a few levels if I need to.
    That might be enough, you could always borrow a health artie or two to pump up the base numbers, I think over 2k would be a safe zone.

• I think 1719 would suffice, dude(as long as she has an auto-sipper).

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Sena said:
    Sohl said:
    Ya that should be fine. Send me a message when you see me around and we'll find some dragons to test.
  • LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    I have none of the resistance miniskills, and am a bit more tanky if you need another guinea pig.
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • Pink.  Definitely pink.  I am entirely serious.  Truly.
  • I was wrong. Testing on Lianca with no resistances, silver blast did 1620/4785, ~34%. Red did 1453, ~30%.
  • Sohl said:
    I was wrong. Testing on Lianca with no resistances, silver blast did 1620/4785, ~34%. Red did 1453, ~30%.
    Quoting this so you never forget.

• Already forgotten. What were we talking about?
  • edited September 2012
    Mizik said:
    Test the rest! Let's all us stand in a circle around Lianca and Blast on her till she coughs up numbers.
    And then give her a jera or lend her a health/con artie and do it over to see if they all scale the same with max health.

• -> Mizik's ejaculate joke

-> Last 2 comments

• edited September 2012
    I completely missed it. :(

My post obviously contained a joke as well, you just didn't get it.