Magi Staffstrike Alias help

I'm not a coder. Every time I try to learn and try to get one going beyond a simple keybind, my brain screams at me. So! What I need is a kind soul to help me out in game. Maybe a tutor to help create quick staffstrike aliases for each element to improve my arena capability.

Any kind soul who loves coding would be my best friend forever if you come forward.

Forgot to mention: I'm a Mudlet user.

Comments

• If you've got a spare clan slot I'd suggest joining the Mudlet clan in-game. It's probably going to be the best place if you're likely to have lots of questions since you won't be limited to just one person to help you out. I'm pretty sure that any member (I'm one myself) can induct, though I'd also be happy to help you out via tells, messages or PMs with specific questions.
  • Thanks. I'll try to catch you or another member online.
  • Change anything bolded to relevant name, since I don't know if it uses "fire" as opposed to...kracktle or whatever.

Aliases to toggle the staffstrike element:

name1: strkele = "water"

name2: strkele = "fire"

name3: strkele = "earth"

Then set up aliases to strike each limb following this example, fix ability syntax where applicable:

rarm: send("staffstrike " ..target.. " right arm with " ..strkele)

Tanris wrong. I'm coding master.

• Thank you! That is perfect.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited October 2012
    I don't know if you want to do something like this, but I made a table for limbs and a table for elements and then used a function to call from them.

In a script:

local elements = {
      ["e"] = "earth",
      ["w"] = "water",
      ["f"] = "fire",
      ["a"] = "air",
      }

local limbs = {
       ["ll"] = "left leg",
       ["rl"] = "right leg",
       ["ra"] = "right arm",
       ["la"] = "left arm",
       ["h"] = "head",
       ["t"] = "torso",
       }

function staffstrike(element,tar,limb)
      if limb then
        send("staffstrike "..tar.." with "..elements[element].." "..limbs[limb])
      else
        send("staffstrike "..tar.." with "..elements[element])
      end--if
    end--staffstrike

and then just stuck the function into an alias. So at this point, all I have to type is ss e ll, or ss f.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Very nice. I like that one even more. Will give it a shot.
  • Figured I'd post mine too, it's -very- similar to Jonathin's but works a bit different.

pattern: ^d(a|e|f|w)(?:(rl|ra|ll|la|t|h))?$

body:

local elementConvert={

a="air",

e="earth",

f="fire",

w="water",

}

local limbConvert={

rl="right leg",

ra="right arm",

ll="left leg",

la="left arm",

t="torso",

h="head",

}

if matches[2] and matches[3] then

send("staffstrike "..target.." with "..elementConvert[matches[2]].." "..limbConvert[matches[3]])

targetedLimb=limbConvert[matches[3]]

elseif matches[2] then

send("staffstrike "..target.." with "..elementConvert[matches[2]])

end

Hope that's of any use to anyone!

dall would hit someone with air on their left leg, and so on and so forth.

Your conditional doesn't need to check for matches[2]. You use matches[2] in both send functions, so it's redundant and pointless when you can just use if and else instead of if and elseif. Also, why are you creating the table in the alias that's in?

You should make the local tables in a script, not the alias, and then call to them by function so you're not creating the table every single time you use the alias.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be so critical, but it would be better to find out now than to be working on some huge project and then realize that you need to change 3987238947 things.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Do either of you have something for Stormstrike? This may be a more difficult task, but if it could be done it'd be extremely useful. Using what I've learned so far, I still have no idea. But, I want something that helps pick out three different targets so that the id doesn't have to be searched for via IH and typed manually.

Possible? Not possible?
    edited October 2012
    I'm actually working on a script that uses gmcp to target things in the room. Depending on how you have it set up, it will automatically set up to the first three targets in the room as soon as you enter and depending on how you want it to target, you will either be able to target things you have specified (i.e. on the list of valid targets) or ignore things you've specified and target everything else. 

If I get around to it before I release it, I'll make the targets so you can rotate them (shouldn't be difficult) so that you can bypass shielding enemies (because stormhammer rebound goes through shielding, unless that's been changed).

On top of all that, you'll have the option to display the room contents on a separate userwindow or miniconsole. At this rate, it should be done right around the end of this coming week. (I'm going to be busy this week.)

If you see me logged in, feel free to ask me (Mosr) how it's coming and it may help keep me on task (because I get sidetracked easily). If I don't respond, I'm taking a break and sailing.

edit: bolded
  • Sounds awesome. I may contact you.