Patronage System

124»

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Looks like this was fixed shortly after it was submitted as a request- if it's not working, let me know and I'll chase it up ASAP.
  • Maybe the one submitting the request should get a notification when something is fixed then. Like with bugs. :)
  • Rangor said:
    Maybe the one submitting the request should get a notification when something is fixed then. Like with bugs. :)
    We should also get a notification when our request has been read, IMO. I've had a couple of things disappear down the black hole that this system can be.
  • I liked the 'Celani Patron' idea. Orgs no longer choose patrons, their patron is Celani X, servant of Y. The Garden may, from time to time and due to Gardenous reasons, switch out X and Y and replace them with Celani W, servant of Z. If Y is active, Y plays X as well. If Y is dormant, X is not necessarily inactive; any requests made to X could go into a general to-do list and be picked up by active admins knowledgeable enough concerning that org. If there are none, X can always reply 'I need Y's approval for that'.

There will still be things that orgs request and do not receive, but at least the admins would have a way to gauge which orgs are suffering the most from patron dormancy and toss them a bone whenever possible.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Yeah, something similar to that was being done. It mostly worked wonders.

The downside came when the Celani working with us just literally vanished, his celani character no longer existed without a heads up or anything.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Rangor said:
    Maybe the one submitting the request should get a notification when something is fixed then. Like with bugs. :)
    They do, usually by letter!