I can't believe no one has put a thread up about the awful input lag yet

Discuss. Comments? Suggestions?

Comments

• We've discussed it in other threads, the addition of thousands of weapons/armour that can't be smelted is probably to blame.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Which skill is input lag under? I can't find it.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • turn off vsync
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if I don't know what vsync is

• i think Ellodin is being sarcastic about it. :)

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • vsync tries to lock your fps to your frame rate to reduce screen tearing, thus results in input lag, thus you shouldn't use it in competitive games.

for games with graphics more complex than a rectangle on connect.
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • oh I seeeee, yeah I remember vsync from wow, but I certainly looked through mudlet after you said that looking for vsync ><
  • bahahaha

The best way I can tell anyone here to experience the lag is to simple go hunting and get an assload of corpses. do offer corpse and hold enter down. for 5 seconds or so then let go, and watch the input lag happen
  • You may not know this since I think you were gone during its implementation...you know about OFFER CORPSES, right? Not saying there's no input lag problem but if that's the main way you are experiencing it, then it may not be a big issue.
  • I didn't know about that no, but regardless, whenever I offered corpses before the knight changes it didn't do what I just described

• https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/e77b1300

This is the exact shit I'm talking about - you can count on it happening EVERY TIME you have to do a bunch of inputs in a room with a bunch of inputs going through, you can't even freaking bash without getting owned by lag. Really needs to be fixed!!!
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Calm down, fix a drink or whatever you have to do. We've all been experiencing it this past week because you know...they only put in the biggest live change Achaea has (presumably) seen.

• I ran out of drinks the other night while slamming my head against the wall attempting to pvp
  • Blunt force trauma to the brain does explain a lot of things for me. 
  • they went off with big bang and it coming crash down with all those bugs that needed to be fixed.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Yeah, just be patient. It'll happen.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited January 2015
    I've been getting that same thing for about a RL month now. I think I asked about it once on P9 and talked to Vadi and some Mudlet peeps about it. In the end I just figured it was something everyone was seeing happen as a result of recent changes in the game to bleeding or something (that were far beyond an explanation I could comprehend). I don't know what it is but now I shall call it "input lag." It really makes bashing difficult and unpleasant (I can barely see my own attacks and swiftcurse balance count in the spam). 
  • After this most recent knight change, the "input lag" has been reduced dramatically - good job Divine!
  • Bluef said:
    I've been getting that same thing for about a RL month now. I think I asked about it once on P9 and talked to Vadi and some Mudlet peeps about it. In the end I just figured it was something everyone was seeing happen as a result of recent changes in the game to bleeding or something (that were far beyond an explanation I could comprehend). I don't know what it is but now I shall call it "input lag." It really makes bashing difficult and unpleasant (I can barely see my own attacks and swiftcurse balance count in the spam). 
    I find it best to throw swiftcurse remaining on the prompt.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.