Pros and Cons of Knight Specialization?

As a knight just starting out, I can't help but wonder which specialization I should pick. A towershield and sword is just as appealing to me as a bastardsword, but what do I gain and lose from one or the other?

Any other tips for a runewarden would be appreciated, but I would prefer to learn the above before anything else.

Best Answer

Answers

• edited January 2015
    Lots of discussion on this, but would be awesome to hear consolidated pros and cons for these (other than that, just do your best to pick through the many comments in the existing threads).  
  • Worth noting that Dual Blunt is the only one with a true (e.g. non-DSB, Cleave or Skullcrush) insta-kill.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • edited January 2015
    The Isaz change mentioned elsewhere on the forums has sort of negated my cons about having no reliable room hinder as Runewarden, so ignore those I guess.
  • Is S&B as good/better then DB?
  • Andregor said:
    Is S&B as good/better then DB?

SnB is arguably one of the most complex and fast-paced classes in the game now, whereas 2B strikes me as very simple.  They're both powerful classes.  The payoff for SnB is that more complex classes tend to be a lot more versatile and adaptable in high-end combat.  SnB has a lot more options for strategies, for example, but these options are generally a lot harder to pull off - particularly against players who don't die to simple damage stacking/dsb gimmicks.

One of the reasons I say that SnB is so complex is that unlike most affliction classes, you have to determine 2-3 afflictions per round, but they are all different attacks and have different options/requirements, and even different order, depending on the situation.  2C (dual cutting) has a comparable (but lower) affliction rate, but both affs are venoms, so the selection process (and input system) is far more straight forward.  One payoff for 2C in this regard, however, is that you actually have the option of two venom affs at a time (something that SnB doesn't have - notably slickness/anorexia).  SnB's prep time is also very, very, slow.
  • Sounds fun, changed to SnB.