Tradeskill split

Comments

• HeroseHerose Nova Scotia, Canada
    The milking ability will be removed from Serpents to become:
    Toxicology: Concocting venoms from an assortment of ingredients.

Will the ability to collect the ingredients required in Toxicology be included in the Toxicology skillset?  Or will it be included in another skillset like Gathering?

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods

Evvi said:
    > The random element of forging is gone, meaning that if you're after a longsword or a scimitar, you do not need to spend days or weeks at the forge trying to find that perfect weapon or armour. E.g. all player-forged longswords will be 119/164/182 when weaponprobed. Existing weapons and armour will be normalised to these stats when the change is implemented.

So does that mean all weapons/armour will now be identical? Or is the important part of that sentence "Player-forged", meaning we'll only be able to get better-than-average weapons from denizen shops?
    All forged longswords will be identical, but they will have different stats to, say, scimitars or broadswords. No denizen weapons that are better than player-forged, with the exception of artefacts.
    Ahmet said:
    Are we losing Philosopher's Stone?
    The actual ability, yes (for now).

We may tie that RP back into the rest of the Alchemy skillset in the future though!
  • Tecton said:
    Ahmet said:

We may tie that RP back into the rest of the Alchemy skillset in the future though!
    Please do!

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Amarillys said:
    Tecton said:
    Ahmet said:

Please do!
    Kk going to cry myself to sleep now.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Are only knights able to trade in artifact weapons for others? As a bard, Soulpiercer is going from useless to actually useful/very good. Will I be able to trade another artifact weapon, like Thoth's fang, for it?
    Khaibit said:
    Gas?
    So as an alchemist, I will have to learn 1 more class skill, and then 2 more skills to have the same ability to make minerals and vials? Why split the trade skills into 2? That seems a bit damned greedy 
    Also, with the crafters trade skills, if you have those, does that also count towards the increase in cost towards the non crafter trade skills? So if I learn tailoring, the 2 required trade skills to be a maker of minerals and tonics will be even more?
    You won't need to learn 1 more class skill (unless you've not put any lessons into transmutation already), if you're transcendent in Transmutation currently, you'll be transcendent in Formulation when this goes live.

If you'd like to keep extraction/synthesis, you can pick those up as well, now for fewer lessons than you had to invest previously! Nobody is forcing you to pick those tradeskills though, you can do whatever you please, you can do forging and toxicology, or tailoring and inkmilling - however you want to customise your character!

Herose said:
    The milking ability will be removed from Serpents to become:
    Toxicology: Concocting venoms from an assortment of ingredients.

Will the ability to collect the ingredients required in Toxicology be included in the Toxicology skillset?  Or will it be included in another skillset like Gathering?

They will use reagents from other skills (similar to concoctions).
  • SharaShara Midlands
    edited December 2014
    nevermind.

Amarillys said:
    Tecton said:
    Silas said:
    Also, are there any people who rolled an alchemist/serpent/whatever primarily to forge, who transed their tradeskill first (or exclusively)? Will those people be given the new PK skill regardless?
    From the looks of it, nobody is in that situation. And yes, the transition to the new skill will apply to everyone.
    My only skill transed is Transmutation and all the rest I have transed are miniskills (tailoring, jewellery, gathering, and nearly inkmilling.) I'm 100% squarely in the boat of a person who is in this situation...
    We should be able to work something out. Feel free to drop me an email, and we can discuss it.
  • Tecton said:
    Khaibit said:
    Gas?
    So as an alchemist, I will have to learn 1 more class skill, and then 2 more skills to have the same ability to make minerals and vials? Why split the trade skills into 2? That seems a bit damned greedy 
    Also, with the crafters trade skills, if you have those, does that also count towards the increase in cost towards the non crafter trade skills? So if I learn tailoring, the 2 required trade skills to be a maker of minerals and tonics will be even more?
    You won't need to learn 1 more class skill (unless you've not put any lessons into transmutation already), if you're transcendent in Transmutation currently, you'll be transcendent in Formulation when this goes live.

If you'd like to keep extraction/synthesis, you can pick those up as well, now for fewer lessons than you had to invest previously! Nobody is forcing you to pick those tradeskills though, you can do whatever you please, you can do forging and toxicology, or tailoring and inkmilling - however you want to customise your character!

My character is an alchemist, so yeah, I kind of do have to learn them both again. 
    With tailoring also a skill I have at trans, that's 3 tradeskills I need to learn to keep my character as I want her. What is the increase on tradeskills if you already have them? 
    What about people who have cooking, tailoring and jewellery? Are they going to have to invest more lessons than they have already spent to get their skills back?

Xinna said:
    Are only knights able to trade in artifact weapons for others? As a bard, Soulpiercer is going from useless to actually useful/very good. Will I be able to trade another artifact weapon, like Thoth's fang, for it?
    Only knight weapons are eligible for the 1:1 trade.

Khaibit said:
    Tecton said:
    Ahmet said:

The stone is a massive part of the roleplay for Alchemists... lots of people have put a lot of work into it from an rp perspective and you're just going to remove it? That's kind of worse than forcing us to learn 2 more skills to be the same as we currently are, and making our artifacts worthless unless we bought them recently
    Right, we certainly don't want to completely do away with the RP aspects - leave it with me, we'll see if we can massage it in sooner rather than later. It will lose its mechanical benefits though!
  • I just wanted to ask, Gathering and Inkmilling will be exactly the same?
    Achimrst said:
    I just wanted to ask, Gathering and Inkmilling will be exactly the same?
    There may be some minor tweaks and changes, that's one of the things I'm focussing on this weekend. I'll be sure to post up anything that is getting changed.
  • Only the 3rd+ tradeskills (the ones you buy the 50cr permits for) cost extra lessons, right? So the lesson costs are 693, 693, 1039, 1386, etc.?
    Sena said:
    Only the 3rd+ tradeskills (the ones you buy the 50cr permits for) cost extra lessons, right? So the lesson costs are 693, 693, 1039, 1386, etc.?
    Correct!
  • Tecton said:

Evvi said:
    > The random element of forging is gone, meaning that if you're after a longsword or a scimitar, you do not need to spend days or weeks at the forge trying to find that perfect weapon or armour. E.g. all player-forged longswords will be 119/164/182 when weaponprobed. Existing weapons and armour will be normalised to these stats when the change is implemented.

So does that mean all weapons/armour will now be identical? Or is the important part of that sentence "Player-forged", meaning we'll only be able to get better-than-average weapons from denizen shops?
    All forged longswords will be identical, but they will have different stats to, say, scimitars or broadswords. No denizen weapons that are better than player-forged, with the exception of artefacts.
    So it'll basically go:
    Denizen weapon < player forged weapon < Artefacts level 1, 2, 3
    And that is -it- ? These player-forged weapons better have some damn good stats, because they're the only way to get a better weapon than the basic one besides buying an artefact...
    ^ This is horribly wrong.
  • So what happens to back tattoo slots? *eyes ox tattoo anxiously*

Are we going to have to select that as one of our miniskills to keep them?
    Evvi said:
    Tecton said:

Evvi said:

So it'll basically go:
    And that is -it- ? These player-forged weapons better have some damn good stats, because they're the only way to get a better weapon than the basic one besides buying an artefact...
    As I mentioned in the first post, skills will be balanced around the forged values.
  • edited December 2014
    @Tecton‌

Will the tokens for Cooking, Jewellery and Tailoring allow you to be transcendent or will you need to learn those skills again using lessons? And would they include the 50% mark-up for a new tradeskill?

Will the refunds for transcendent Gathering and Inkmilling (and Cooking, Jewellery and Tailoring - depending on the answer to my first question) be enough to fund new transcendencies in those Trade skills, taking into consideration the 50% mark up per tradeskill learned?

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Evvi said:
    Tecton said:

Evvi said:

So it'll basically go:
    He said that skills reliant on stats will be adjusted to the new numbers. Otherwise the new base scimitar speeds wouldnt even be viable for knights. Denizen = Player forged. Its normal weapons < 1 <2 < 3

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Evvi said:
    So it'll basically go:
    As was revealed in a previous thread, Forging is going to include the means to customize a weapon with flavor text, so that's not really -it-.  I'm personally looking forward to not spending eight hours repeating QUEUE ADD BAL FORGE just to get a useful weapon.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Any chance we choose between getting license tokens back from our licensed skills (cooking, tailoring, jewellery) and get trade skill permits instead? So like, if I wanted, I could keep one license token and trade my other in for four permits? Obviously I'd have to spend the lessons on all the stuff, but... I think I'd prefer that to be able to get my gathering back and maybe some other fun things and just have other people submit tailoring stuff for me while I stay a jeweller.

• Tecton said:
    Evvi said:
    Tecton said:

Evvi said:

So it'll basically go:
    As I mentioned in the first post, skills will be balanced around the forged values.
    Oh, well that's nice.

Addama said:
    Evvi said:
    So it'll basically go:
    As was revealed in a previous thread, Forging is going to include the means to customize a weapon with flavor text, so that's not really -it-.  I'm personally looking forward to not spending eight hours repeating QUEUE ADD BAL FORGE just to get a useful weapon.

Guess I did completely miss that. Sounds great.
    ^ This is horribly wrong.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    So... if you wanted tailoring as a third tradeskill, you'd have to pay 50 credits for the extra credit slot, pay 200 credits for the permit, AND spend an extra 50% lessons in it, instead of previously just the cost of the permit?
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited December 2014
    As an albeit new druid, I think I can say that losing Concoctions will definitely affect forestals in terms of both mechanical value (free refills/sip bonus/the general herbal economy) and roleplay/flavor value (the whole aspect of a forestal being able to "live off the land", between the squirrel morph and Concoctions). And I'll readily admit that, to me at least, the sheer lack of information on what we're getting in exchange is a little... unnerving. There's been extensive talk about knight changes and now, with this post, alchemist changes have been acknowledged and at least given a name and an overall theme that they'll be working with.

Can you at least give us an idea? A name or flavor of the overall skill(s[if the forestal classes are indeed getting separate things]) that we'll be receiving? I currently have a mix of excited curiosity and nervous trepidation, and it's slowly moving closer and closer towards the latter.
This discussion has been closed.