Belt vs Bracelet

With 12 con, what's better value for money (gives most HP boost), level 2 belt (+2 con) or level 2 bracelet (+10% health and mana)?

(As a bard, mana is relatively unimportant, really just basing it off the health aspect.)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."

Best Answer

Answers

• Gonna guess belt, I think every point of Con adds like 6.5%?
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited December 2014
    I'd love to know the answer to this too. On Bluef, I was told to get sip ring, bracelet and belt (in that order); however, I never really questioned the why of that. Would be helpful to know if that still stands true for my other chars.
  • I can see bracelet being more useful for Monks or other classes where mana matters as much as hitpoints for tank.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • edited December 2014
    I'd go with the bracelet. Most mana abilities consume a flat amount of mana as opposed to %, so any addition there is consequential. Bracelet is cheaper - and depending on your initial con, can actually provide more of a health boost with the +%maxhp as opposed to +con.

If you want the exact math i'd suggest you page Sena
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Sena said:
    Assuming level 100, 12 con, you don't already have a level 1 belt or bracelet, and no other health bonuses.

L2 belt will add 600 health for 1000 credits, 1.67 credits per health.
    L2 bracelet will add 430 health for 700 credits, 1.63 credits per health.
    L1 belt + L1 bracelet will add 530 health for 750 credits, 1.42 credits per health.
    L1 belt + L2 bracelet will add 760 health for 1100 credits, 1.45 credits per health.

So if health is all you care about, get belt level 1 and bracelet level 1 or 2.
    The Mistress of Math wins! Thank you @Sena

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • EldEld
    edited December 2014
    Max health is 300 + (3*con + 4)*level -20*(level-100), where the last bit only applies if you're over level 100 (diminishing returns on health past 100, basically). So a point of con will give you an extra 3 points of health per level. I don't remember the prices for the two off the top of my head, so not sure about value per credit, but at 12 con and level 90 (just a guess), L2 belt gives 540 max health and L2 bracelet gives 390. 480 vs 350 at level 80, 600 vs 430 at level 100.

Edit: And, predictably, ninja'd.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Eld said:
    Max health is 300 + (3*con + 4)*level -20*(level-100)
    Done some quick sums based on my personal circumstances (level 108, con of 12)
    Level 2 bracelet (+10% h/m)          4906
    Level 1 bracelet / level 1 belt      5023
    Level 2 belt                         5108

I tweaked the level to keep checking, and the level 2 belt has the most impact on raw health, but the boost to mana offsets the slightly lower health, so I think that the two level 1s are the best bet.

• I don't know how to share files over the internet very well, but I have a spreadsheet I made back in 2010 that calculates the benefits of all the different health and regen arties.

I don't know if this is still the formula, but ((300+4*Level)(BaseCon+GirdleOrOtherConModifiers))(Bracelet%) was the formula for health back then. I remember it not being right for like level 99+ though.

• edited December 2014

This?  Again?

Bracelet > belt, in almost every case, for almost every reason.

The obvious thing to mention is that comparing health per credit ignores the very important fact that bracelets give higher max mana which is really important.

• Ernam said:

This?  Again?

Bracelet > belt, in almost every case, for almost every reason.

The obvious thing to mention is that comparing health per credit ignores the very important fact that bracelets give higher max mana which is really important.

Look, that's cool and all but OP was asking about health only.

• Mana is never irrelevant.  It's a common misconception.  Also, belt is better health per credit, anyways, in almost all cases.  Case closed, no?
  • Fair enough, I was focused too much on the higher absolute gain in health.