Help me name my staff!

So, I'm trying to figure out a name for my staff. I'm terrible at naming things and would like some input. Right now the only names I've come up with are Sul'Wood, Hungering Willow, and Seelenschneider. Please, offer some suggestions! The only criteria I have is that I want it to have something to do with the Soul Realm/Thoth hence the willow aspect.

Comments

• Soul Snare
    *Animated Signature*

• It might be helpful for the generation of new ideas, if you share some general background on the character that is going to wield this staff.
  • edited December 2014
    Death Stick

I tried to come up with better but ya.
  • Thick and Juicy
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Appall Wood Staff
    *Animated Signature*

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Staffrodesiac
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Death's Wood

Thoth's Rod

Turgid Doom

Endbringer's Stiffness

PENIS!

(I'll come up with some sensible suggestions when I'm feeling slightly more inventive)
  • Tharvis said:
    Mourning Wood
    knew I was missing an obvious one.
  • Saptronaut

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Bluef said:
    It might be helpful for the generation of new ideas, if you share some general background on the character that is going to wield this staff.
    Or at least a sample of the staff description.
  • Achimrst said:
    Bluef said:
    It might be helpful for the generation of new ideas, if you share some general background on the character that is going to wield this staff.
    Or at least a sample of the staff description.
    Staff pics plz
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Is this for a customisation request? I was under the impression customised items couldn't be proper nouns (e.g. Staff of the Stalwart).

• Silky Shaft
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • EldEld
    edited December 2014
    Kresslack said:
    Is this for a customisation request? I was under the impression customised items couldn't be proper nouns (e.g. Staff of the Stalwart).
    As far as I know, proper nouns are fine, as long as they're "reasonable", by whatever metric the person approving it wants to apply. The only specific limitation on names that I recall being listed in any of the HELPs is the "no created historicity" (so no names that imply that your staff belonged to some famous historical character or anything). Not sure if generic "X of the Y" type names (like "Staff of the Stalwart") would be allowed if they didn't mention specific things like that; the closest examples I can think of are Pontus's soulpiercers, which are "the Black Dragon Blade" and "the Silver Scorpion Blade".
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Whatever it's called, it must include the verb "thrumming" in its description

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Herenicus wins, gg guys
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Violent Mushroom

• Wooden Annihilator
  • Rod of Girth
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Wait, is it long and does it have a nob at the end of it? 

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    Biggus Stickus
  • Trey said:
    Violent Mushroom
    Now I want a subtle penis descriptive mushroom staff....
  • You also can't use German.
    But if they 'ok' it, go with Herr Hochdunkelundschoen.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Mi'Anacon Da'don Wan'sum Un'Lisyo Gobu'Nson
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Memento Mori
  • SethSeth North Carolina
    Thank you @Oceana for pointing me in the right direction for a real name. However, I'm loving these names!! Right now @Herenicus and @Tharvis are winning. I wonder if @Sarapis can top them?
  • Widowmaker.  

Because, like K-19, it's long, hard, and full of... 

Viminal Pillar
    Sceptre of Osier
    Enduring Salix
    Crook of Winter - going with the cyclical nature of life, and winter being the end of it.  I have no idea whether that fits with Thoth's IC philosophy, or whether he "shepherds" people to the end.  I also came up with Winter's Grasp, but then realised that it's because I've been playing Dragon Age recently.

In fact, just Winter, because, as we all know, Winter is coming.