Globes of Shifting Continents - the December 2014 Edition

Comments

• Usually my luck sucks, but I figured what the hell, and bought 5 globes. Got:

17,460 gold
    comms, vials
    hellcat collar
    pack lining
    crated travelling cart
    9 racing tickets
    40 credits
    Pixies' Boots

I'd been saving to buy 300 credits, so with that blew it on globes. Got another twenty globes.

In batches of five for comparison:
    11,430 gold
    comms, vials
    hookah bowl
    hourglass bulb
    globe middle
    crated travelling cart x 2
    35 credits

11,520 gold
    comms, vials
    35 credits
    reincarnation
    globe middle
    22 sips of lucky

99,225 gold
    comms, vials
    30 credits
    artefact discount voucher
    globe middle

11,205 gold
    comms, vials
    trait reset
    arte vial
    15 credits
    globe bottom
    whistle top
    13 sips lucky

The first batch was definitely the best, but rest were not too shabby. If I manage to sell all the random stuff - including all these carts (I have four now, anybody wanna buy one?) - then I think I'll end up with the 300 credits I wanted, plus the boots as a bonus.
    The Truths hurt. Always.
  • edited December 2014
    20 credits
    5 credits
    Whistle flue
    box of parts
    20 credits
    ironbeard dummy
    ------
    SOMEONE TAKE MY CREDIT CARD AWAY BEFORE I SPEND ANOTHER 450 DOLLARS ON THESE THINGS.

• I will gladly take that off your hands. Then I can spend another 450 dollars.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • People have officially lost their minds. Someone wants 15 credits for a box of parts that you can put 10 things in that lasts 7 days. There is no way someone can make 15 credits in those parameters.

Also, someone wants to sell globes for 50 credits. If you buy a globe from the website, it costs $5. Why the Freaking Heck would someone pay $20 for something they could buy for $5?

That being said, here's my take with 30 globes.

200 credits ($60), 60300 gold sovereigns, a backpack lining talisman piece, a globe's bottom talisman piece, 2 globe's middle talisman piece, 3 globe's top talisman piece, a hookah's hoses talisman piece, a hookah's wind hood talisman piece, 2 horn mouthpiece talisman pieces, a left horn strap talisman piece, a whistle's top pipe talisman piece, a group of 40 coal pieces, a group of 70 pieces of rope, a group of 120 spools of cloth, a group of 20 steel bars, a group of 50 wood commodities, a group of 219 lobelia seeds, a group of 75 goldenseal roots, a group of 87 ginseng roots, a group of 50 sileris berries, a group of 136 bloodroot leaves, a group of 22 goldenseal roots, a group of 74 sileris berries, a mountain of gold sovereigns (35065gp), a mysterious toybox, 2 wooden boxes of parts., 2 artefact discount vouchers, an artefact discount voucher, an elegant diamond vial, 30 oaken vials containing 240 sips of speed, 480 sips of mending, 300 sips of mana, 360 health, 180 restoration.

Seems like a good deal to me.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Went ahead and got five:

20 credits
    495 gold sovereigns
    a group of 23 ginseng roots
    a group of 10 pieces of rope
    an oaken vial
    a book of betting tickets for the Humgii Races
    3240 gold sovereigns 
    a group of 33 bloodroot leaves
    a group of 10 wood commodities
    an oaken vial!
    5 credits
    a right horn strap talisman piece
    2745 gold sovereigns
    a group of 34 goldenseal roots
    a group of 10 pieces of rope
    an oaken vial
    an artefact discount voucher
    3420 gold sovereigns
    a group of 24 ginseng roots
    a group of 10 coal pieces
    an oaken vial
    a free reincarnation
    810 gold sovereigns
    a group of 33 goldenseal roots
    a group of 10 wood commodities
    and an oaken vial

• I got credits, I got herbs, I got talisman stuff, I got vials, I got gold, I got a trait reset, I got a bridle, I got two figurines. Uh..yeah That's out of ten. 

• Actually, I'd ask @Tecton about it. I got a free reincarnation during the first ever globe promo and since I already had one, it didn't credit me another. Messaged and he gave me a dagger of reincarnation,  so if it's a case of you already had one, I bet they'd hook you up. Otherwise unless policy changed or you just didn't want a reinc, luck of the draw I guess.

Trey said:
    Actually, I'd ask @Tecton about it. I got a free reincarnation during the first ever globe promo and since I already had one, it didn't credit me another. Messaged and he gave me a dagger of reincarnation,  so if it's a case of you already had one, I bet they'd hook you up. Otherwise unless policy changed or you just didn't want a reinc, luck of the draw I guess.
    Yeah I didn't already have one, just really have no intent on reincarnating after I've gotten used to Atavian. Wings can be pretty great, not gonna lie.

• Kresslack said:
    Trey said:
    Actually, I'd ask @Tecton about it. I got a free reincarnation during the first ever globe promo and since I already had one, it didn't credit me another. Messaged and he gave me a dagger of reincarnation,  so if it's a case of you already had one, I bet they'd hook you up. Otherwise unless policy changed or you just didn't want a reinc, luck of the draw I guess.
    Yeah I didn't already have one, just really have no intent on reincarnating after I've gotten used to Atavian. Wings can be pretty great, not gonna lie.
    Ring of Flying,  baby. Such a good artefact for the price.

• edited December 2014
    I bought 5, got 2 vials of Lucky, 20 credits and a marionette plus some herbs and elixirs I can't use. :(

Edit: does anyone know if the vials of Luck are artefact vials or do they just disappear when you run out?
  • Trey said:
    Kresslack said:
    Trey said:
    Ring of Flying,  baby. Such a good artefact for the price.
    Go Mhun, buy ring of flying. Better and cheaper than staying Atavian and buying an Armband of Celerity. If you already have the armband, go any other race and buy ring of flying.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 10 credits!
    You have been awarded with turtle bait talisman piece!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 2385 gold sovereigns, a group of 13 ginseng roots, a group of 10 pieces of rope, and an oaken vial!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3915 gold sovereigns, a group of 22 lobelia seeds, a group of 10 wood commodities, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 25 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 900 gold sovereigns, a group of 18 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 wood commodities, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 5 credits!
    You have been awarded with a globe's bottom talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with a hookah's hoses talisman piece!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 360 gold sovereigns, a group of 33 ginseng roots, a group of 10 spools of cloth, and an oaken vial!

As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 1845 gold sovereigns, a group of 21 ginseng roots, a group of 10 spools of cloth, and an oaken vial!
    Not a bad haul, I guess
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

edited December 2014
    Tibitha said:
    I bought 5, got 2 vials of Lucky, 20 credits and a marionette plus some herbs and elixirs I can't use. :(

Edit: does anyone know if the vials of Luck are artefact vials or do they just disappear when you run out?
    They're not artefact vials. The sips give a crit chance bonus for 12 hrs per sip.

@Antonius, I really am considering going back to Mhun and just buying a Ring of Flying, now that Trey mentioned it. Time to save up credits again.

Someone give me 400 credits.

Also, anyone know what the horn pieces are for, or their general worth?

• Kresslack said:
    Tibitha said:

They're not artefact vials. The sips give a crit chance bonus for 12 hrs per sip.

@Antonius, I really am considering going back to Mhun and just buying a Ring of Flying, now that Trey mentioned it. Time to save up credits again.

Someone give me 400 credits.

Also, anyone know what the horn pieces are for, or their general worth?

Horn/rams horn is for shouting. And you can get a full set for like 10 credits.

edited December 2014
    Well that's just disconcerting. Consider my jimmies rustled.

• I wanted to play too, so I bought a group of five globes. 

Book of Humgii betting tickets
    20cr
    Artifact discount voucher 
    10cr
    10cr and a fasteners talisman piece.

Also got 10K gold, some rope, bloodroot, lobelia, sileris, coal, cloth and wood and three vials with health, mana and restoration in them. 
  • Tibitha said:

They -are- nondecay until you take the last sip, then they become a regular vial with 150 months.

I know someone who is always buying herbs and elixirs.....*cough*
  • MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains
    Got a snowy owl off the first one. VERY happy with this as my character has been studying the avian species of Achaea for decades.

Question about mini-pets: Can players kill them, and if so, do they reset automatically or do I need to get a collar of Lupus before safely placing them down?

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Masaryk said:
    Got a snowy owl off the first one. VERY happy with this as my character has been studying the avian species of Achaea for decades.

Question about mini-pets: Can players kill them, and if so, do they reset automatically or do I need to get a collar of Lupus before safely placing them down?
    they reset @Masaryk
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

Tharvis said:
    Masaryk said:

they reset @Masaryk
    Many thanks.

• edited December 2014
    Will the bridles be usable after this event is over? Or does "limited time" mean that the actual capture-able mounts will be gone later?

Edit: this profile picture...
    Nexes said:
    Will the bridles be usable after this event is over? Or does "limited time" mean that the actual capture-able mounts will be gone later?

Edit: this profile picture...
    Good question! Normally I would assume this is in regards to the artefact itself being offered, but maybe for both.

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    The current plan is to wrap the horses up at the end of the month when the promotion ends, so you'll want to use your bridles before then!
  • Tecton said:
    The current plan is to wrap the horses up at the end of the month when the promotion ends, so you'll want to use your bridles before then!
    Glad I asked. Thanks!
  • My second batch:

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 25 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3060 gold sovereigns, a group of 33 sileris berries, a group of 10 wood commodities, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a free reincarnation!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 1620 gold sovereigns, a group of 30 bloodroot leaves, a group of 10 wood commodities, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 20 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3420 gold sovereigns, a group of 15 sileris berries, a group of 10 steel bars, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a glazed, runic vial. (sips of Lucky)
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 1170 gold sovereigns, a group of 34 sileris berries, a group of 10 steel bars, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 5 credits!
    You have been awarded with a hookah's ash plate talisman piece!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 360 gold sovereigns, a group of 15 sileris berries, a group of 10 wood commodities, and an oaken vial!

All in all around 9k in gold, 50 credits, a free reincarnation, and a vial of Lucky plus some odds and ends. 

Last one for the month...:(

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a glazed, runic vial.
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 2745 gold sovereigns, a
    group of 18 lobelia seeds, a group of 10 pieces of rope, and an oaken vial!

Runic vial had elixir of Lucky. I will always take another arty vial :)

Oh, and I didn't post my globe before that. Basically got a Belladona dummy. Selling it if anyone is interested :)

• Masaryk said:
    Last one for the month...:(

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a glazed, runic vial.
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 2745 gold sovereigns, a
    group of 18 lobelia seeds, a group of 10 pieces of rope, and an oaken vial!

Runic vial had elixir of Lucky. I will always take another arty vial :)

Not an arte vial. Soon as it's empty it begins to decay with 150 months. 

• HeroseHerose Nova Scotia, Canada
    5 globes.

18 sips of lucky.
    1 Ironbeard dummy.
    1 box of carts.
    1 trait reset.
    5 credits.
    Globe top.
    Bucket left side.
    Miscellaneous gold, herbs, and comms.