Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

I'm looking for a friend.

AsterixAsterix Posts: 3Member
Has anyone seen my bro Obelix online? He used to play with me a lot. He was a level 99, and practically unbeatable. We used to go out and smash the Legate around when we were bored, and then we had the most delicious roast mutton. Heck, I haven't even seen Getafix around. I'm stuck with Cacafonix in Minia, and it's getting unbearable. Any help?
OceanaAodfionnAntidasLacertixBadeSiduriJeslynSilasBlujixapugCidusii

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesPosts: 5,639Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Never heard of him. Nice M4M advert though.

Kuy
  • AmarillysAmarillys Posts: 797Member @ - Epic Achaean
  • HalosHalos San FranciscoPosts: 1,435Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Google is (mostly) your friend.

• AsterixAsterix Posts: 3Member
    Hey guys! I changed my in-game name, but I get to keep this! I am the only one on the forums with a blatantly OOC name. Toodleoo
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormPosts: 2,678Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Asterix said:
    Hey guys! I changed my in-game name, but I get to keep this! I am the only one on the forums with a blatantly OOC name. Toodleoo
    You really aren't...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    MelodieHalosTaelKyttin
  • TibithaTibitha Posts: 742Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Im curious, is Asterix and Obelix not really a thing in the US? I thought they were pretty universal, like Tintin and Marvel comics and shit.
    Arador
  • AsterixAsterix Posts: 3Member
    Tibitha said:
    Im curious, is Asterix and Obelix not really a thing in the US? I thought they were pretty universal, like Tintin and Marvel comics and shit.
    A lot of plebs don't know who they are or why they're awesome. Tintin's somewhat in between, mostly because of the movie. I doubt the average American has read either of the comics, sadly.
    Arador
  • AmarillysAmarillys Posts: 797Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Tibitha said:
    They're pretty niche here, yeah. They're known, but not much. Course, Tintin is pretty niche too. Most people know the name but you'd be hard pressed to find someone who has actually read the comics. Neither really compare to Marvel (which has become a universal brand name.) 

• BadeBade Posts: 114Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    i grew up reading Tintin and Asterix, but my wife only ever heard of Tintin and she's from Canada too.
  • EldEld Posts: 3,946Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Amarillys said:
    Tibitha said:
    They're pretty niche here, yeah. They're known, but not much. Course, Tintin is pretty niche too. Most people know the name but you'd be hard pressed to find someone who has actually read the comics. Neither really compare to Marvel (which has become a universal brand name.) 
    Yeah, of those, Marvel is the only one close to as universal as shit.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WAPosts: 1,203Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Does this mean that Belgian Iron Man is a thing?
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?" 

(The Targossian Academy): Halos says, "Go on! I need to feel the wind in my hair!"

• SarapisSarapis Posts: 3,396Member, Administrator Achaean staff
    OOC-derived name here, and been around longer than anyone!
    AmarillysAerekTaelKyttin
  • AntidasAntidas Posts: 1,396Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Asterix/Tintin was my childhood. Still have a shelf in my bookcase at my parents place dedicated to the comics haha

AradorTibithaKafzielSiduri
  • AradorArador Posts: 1,693Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I learned english thanks to Asterix comics!

Tibitha
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesPosts: 5,639Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Arador said:
    I learned english thanks to Asterix comics!
    Not well enough! (Then again neither did I).

Arador
  • ShibumiShibumi Posts: 223Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Hey! I know who Asterix and Obelix are!
    I had these comics in Italian, and they are pretty awesome. I still use some favorite quotes with my brother (we are both beyond 40 years old). 
    Light prevails, always
  • BlujixapugBlujixapug Posts: 1,824Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tharvis said:
    Sarapis said:
    OOC-derived name here, and been around longer than anyone!
    no, no, you had a namechange, Ayar  o:)
    Ayar = A. R. = Asterix Rulez????
    KuyKyttinTharvisSilas
  • OceanaOceana Posts: 877Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Asterix fan here too (French version). Not a fan of Tintin though.
    Arador
  • KorbenKorben Posts: 345Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Straight from my childhood (read in Portuguese, then in French). Mentioned it once in these forums to explain why I was used to multiple exclamation and question marks: '!!!??!!?'.
    Arador
  • AradorArador Posts: 1,693Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Nevermind, these Americans are crazy. *taps side of head*

TibithaSilas
  • SilasSilas Posts: 2,529Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    How expensive is Astrerix on Kindle tho? Wasn't expecting that. :\

Arador
Sign In to Comment.