Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

What have you designed today?

1121314151618»

Comments

• ArmaliArmali Posts: 837Member, Secret Squirrel ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Those weird British people...
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna bePosts: 3,302Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Strange. matte is also acceptable in british english, and there's several room descriptions that use 'matte'.
    Huh. Neat.
  • HalosHalos San FranciscoPosts: 1,424Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited November 8
    At some point the Achaean language police decided that matt is acceptable and matte isn't (see furniture). Any time you see matte now it should be typo'd

• KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaPosts: 2,157Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    We use British spellings, but Imperial measurements. Truly, Achaea is the composite of the best of our worlds.
    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
    TorinnShirszae
  • AralayaAralaya Posts: 550Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Imperial measurements suck! :(
    Base 10 > Base Fuckyou 

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    Tysandr
  • JadysJadys Posts: 189Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Hi everyone. Got a tailoring permit thinking I'd give it a try. My first design has been returned twice now, and I could use some help interpreting the rejection. The line in question is:

Sophistication at its best, this breathtaking gown features a strapless, sweetheart neckline and form fit, closely following the curves of the body from the bared arms and shoulders to the tops of the thighs before releasing into a cascade of shimmering intensity.

The rejection is that "a cascade of shimmering intensity" is subjective and inappropriate. The original was "a cascade of shimmering ecstasy." I am trying to describe the degree of the shimmer. It's not a subtle shimmer, so I am trying to describe it as a frenzied, intense, ecstatic, brilliant, fervent, whatever shimmer. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaPosts: 2,157Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    an intensely shimmering cascade
    a cascade of intensely bright shimmers
    cascading in vibrant shimmers

dazzling shimmers
    vividly shimmering

I think the main problem is that "intensity" and "ecstasy" suggest, in part, an opinion of the viewer, which is not allowed in designs.
    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
    JadysExelethril
  • SenaSena Posts: 3,822Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The problem I see is that "shimmering ecstasy/intensity" is very different from "intense/ecstatic shimmering". The former sounds pretty figurative and subjective, and I would never have guessed that the latter was the intended meaning.
    AhmetAntoniusJadysExelethril
  • ShaydeShayde Posts: 339Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    You will also need to mention the light source which will cause it to shimmer. 'Blah blah can't shimmer in the dark'

Jadys
  • JadysJadys Posts: 189Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Thank you everyone!
Sign In to Comment.