Dragon Age: Inquisition

edited November 2014 in The Universal Membrane
I'm probably going to be scarce for a while...   :D:D:D:DB)

Edit: after it installs anyway, 4 disks, WTF?!

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    25gb. Its huge. The gamplay is fun. Have not tried the multiplayer. The plot is really inconsistent for a bioware game but its still good. Just not super amazing like the other 2. Also illusion of choice strikes again.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • My copy is for the 360... I've been waiting for it for 6 months and had to work the night it was released... the next day I was at Gamestop picking it up.
  • We got ours! I've played a little but it's nearing finals so I won't be playing it too much.

• Synest said:
    My copy is for the 360... I've been waiting for it for 6 months and had to work the night it was released... the next day I was at Gamestop picking it up.
    You need to log in -_-
  • I am logged in! Unless you mean on xbox >_>
  • If anyone wants to do multiplayer in origin, my tag is nyalamas
    I am sheepdog_mcfry

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • I've no clue what mine is :open_mouth: I'll have to look. I don't normally play console games

• ZiiZii
    edited November 2014
    550mb/25gb downloaded.

I should have splurged the extra 10$ for the DLCs :(
    *Animated Signature*

• My Origin account is fannon608
    *Animated Signature*

• ugghh fine I'll turn mine on and look at it

• anyone else staring at a black screen
    *Animated Signature*

• I got mine and got to play a whole 10 minutes before I had to go out.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Zii said:
    anyone else staring at a black screen
    Nope, have you upgraded your graphics drivers?
  • Won't matter.  Got a refund, will buy on PS3.
    *Animated Signature*

• Qunari sword and shield.  What did you roll?
    *Animated Signature*

• ValdusValdus Australia
    Mishgul said:
    25gb. Its huge. The gamplay is fun. Have not tried the multiplayer. The plot is really inconsistent for a bioware game but its still good. Just not super amazing like the other 2. Also illusion of choice strikes again.
    You're nuts. Origins was amazing. DA2 sucked entirely. If this is even worse than 2 I wont be buying it.

Viva la Bluef.
  • Valdus said:
    Mishgul said:
    You're nuts. Origins was amazing. DA2 sucked entirely. If this is even worse than 2 I wont be buying it.
    By "the other 2" I assume he is referring to both Dragon age 1 (origins) and Da2.

• edited November 2014
    Valdus said:
    Mishgul said:
    To be fair, the plot of DA2 was probably its only redeeming quality. If you could get past the nightmare that was everything else, there was a pretty solid narrative hidden away under all the crap. I haven't started the singleplayer of Inquisition yet since I'm going to be traveling soon and didn't want to put myself in the position of having to tear myself away from it, but it isn't hard for me to believe that the plot is less tight, but the gameplay is far, far better. If anything, that seems probable.

I am enjoying the multiplayer right now though and my Origin name thingy is M0dusPwnens if anyone wants friends. Thus far, the multiplayer feels a lot like what I had wished Mass Effect multiplayer were more like (specifically, more team/role oriented) although there are already some pretty evident balance issues.
  • Elf Mage. DURH only way to roll bb :P

I am not liking the imbalances between the classes at all. Rogue with dual wield is ten times stronger than anything else

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Been enjoying the game, though there are a few complaints. Biggest one is no healing beyond potions. I am ok with it being limited in combat, but give us a perk or something that lets healing happen when we are out of combat.

Limited control over where your attributes are placed also has been annoying me. You can buy an amulet to change them (I believe) but that gets expensive.

Mage class feels weak, really weak, compared to the others.

Lots, LOTS, of plus to the game though. Big maps with a lot of exploration, lots of quests, some of the companions are a lot of fun to have around, the crafting system lets you have some control over bad gear drops, story is fairly interesting to me so far, lot of other things that the reviewers have covered. 

I highly recommend getting the game!
  • I rolled an elf mage.. feels a bit weak, yea. But then again, I'm on nightmare mode
  • Mishgul said:
    I am not liking the imbalances between the classes at all. Rogue with dual wield is ten times stronger than anything else
    It really isn't. It's just the first class that gets the ability to do a lot of DPS quickly - the others catch up and eventually surpass it pretty seriously. Some of the other classes, with strong weapons, can CC and kill entire packs with the same ease the Assassin can kill targets one at a time. An Elementalist can solo just about anything once you have stronger gear.

The more I've been playing it, the more wonky the balance starts to get, which is unfortunate. Once the DPS classes really get going at moderate levels and with strong weapons, you largely just cease to need tanks or "healers" (people with barrier). Hopefully they'll put some work into balancing it alongside their promise of additional content.
  • This game is so damn big D:

I know they went for the open world vibe on it, but it's slowly killing the completionist in me :D
  • So, summing up, what do you all think about DA: Inquisition? I did 95% of the achievements in DA:Origins. I successfully dodged DA2, as it was clear that I could not like it by just watching a gameplay video. What are your votes/feeling/impressions? Avoid any spoiler if possible.

From the review and some videos, I was not impressed that much, I admit.
    Light prevails, always
  • I'm really enjoying it. It's kind of like they took the good bits from DA2 (or well the good bits people didn't whine about) and DA:O and merged them with Skyrim.

As a side question, is Sera also a chav in the US versions? Or did they dub US accents over everything?
  • PS3 needs patches, lots of freezes and corrupted data.  I would have rather played it on PC
    *Animated Signature*

• Yes, Sera is in the US version. She amuses me so much, it's wonderful.
  • Darktalon said:
    Been enjoying the game, though there are a few complaints. Biggest one is no healing beyond potions. I am ok with it being limited in combat, but give us a perk or something that lets healing happen when we are out of combat.

Limited control over where your attributes are placed also has been annoying me. You can buy an amulet to change them (I believe) but that gets expensive.

Mage class feels weak, really weak, compared to the others.

Lots, LOTS, of plus to the game though. Big maps with a lot of exploration, lots of quests, some of the companions are a lot of fun to have around, the crafting system lets you have some control over bad gear drops, story is fairly interesting to me so far, lot of other things that the reviewers have covered. 

I highly recommend getting the game!
    Actually, Solas heals fyi. Or he has that  I've seen. Maybe THATS where all my damn potions have been going too -eyes-