Heroes of the Storm

As far as I'm aware, NDA has been dropped. And I just started playing this about a week ago, so I thought I'd see if anyone else is playing!

I'm playing on the US servers due to there being no Oz servers yet, so if anyone feels like playing with me, let me know!

I saw I had a daily quest to win 2 games as Warcraft heroes, and was 1/2. Failed a game or two as Malfurion and then this game happened (see attached).

Comments

• My husband got into the Alpha months ago, but he has NO time to play it, so I haven't gotten to play it... unless I steal his laptop, which I -juuuust- might.
    meh

• It's quite different to the other main MOBA games so far. It has a feature equivalent to the bushes in League of Legends, but the heroes themselves make it a fair bit different.

No items. No individual level, but team level. Instead of leveling your abilities, you gain 'Talents'.

• Some more stomps. :stuck_out_tongue: 
  • I played the alpha a bit. I really, really like a lot of the design decisions in the game, but ultimately it didn't manage to compete with LoL for my heart.

It did, however, make me really interested in seeing what LoL would look like with shared gold and experience. Particularly in the solo queue, there's so much emphasis on "carrying" that anyone who isn't carrying can feel like they don't have much to contribute. And the consequent focus on "feeding" and allowing particular enemies to carry is even worse - I think the game would be a much better experience if dying to the Katarina were not so catastrophically bigger a deal than dying to the Sona.

I should probably reinstall it and give it another try.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Still waiting to see if I can get a key for this.

• Kresslack said:
    Goes from closed Alpha to Beta in a week (Jan 15th)! Likely a big invite wave.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • This game is awesome. 
  • OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    I played from closed Alpha for a couple of weeks, then dropped it, just as I did LoL. That kind of game really isn't my thing any more (though I did enjoy seeing characters I knew).

• Every time I see this thread pop up, I just read 'Heroes of the Storm' in the same way you sing 'Riders on the Storm'. Not relevant, I know, but I had to say it.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Rom said:
    Kresslack said:
    Goes from closed Alpha to Beta in a week (Jan 15th)! Likely a big invite wave.
    Just got my invite today. Forgot all about it until I checked my email.

• I got into the beta!!!!!!!! I love how the game plays, though it tends to be really snowbally and too one-sided sometimes. Maybe it's just the playerbase or something. Liking it a lot though.

username is Erasariel.

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • If I see you @Erasariel I will try not to wreck you too hard.
  • Erasariel said:
    I got into the beta!!!!!!!! I love how the game plays, though it tends to be really snowbally and too one-sided sometimes. Maybe it's just the playerbase or something. Liking it a lot though.

username is Erasariel.
    It can get one-sided with the team levels, but if the leading team makes just a few mistakes the balance can tip quite fast.

I've won a game where we were like 5 levels behind at one point.
  • bit of a tip, if your team is lower in level. Get camps.
  • aaand slight necro to say a friend of mine bought it on my account since I was stuck playing on my husband's... Trilliana#1823

meh

• I just made a "special guest appearance" on this guy's stream.

• Too good to not share :open_mouth: 

• If anyone is interested in getting Cho'gall for the low price of playing two 'vs AI' games, hit me up (Gamdol#1990), if you play two games with someone else as the other head, either Cho or Gall (you don't have to own, just the person who initially picks), it unlocks Cho'Gall for you and saves you 15k gold.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• You sir are a scholar among men
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    actually the only way to unlock cho'gall is by doing that quest, apparently they're not (yet?) allowing him to be bought
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• The how did people get him initially?

I'm not online so I can't check, just has to be a place to start the spread and I don't know what it is.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    people that had a ticket to blizzcon got the hero awarded to them
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Thanks for bumping this post, was looking for extra space on my HD and forgot that I had this to uninstall