Electronic Cigarettes

Comments

• E-cigs still deliver nicotine, which is still an addictive substance (although, like Ernam said, the oral/visual component is pretty major in the habit-forming).  I have one, I can smoke it on my lunch break so that I don't stink at work.  I don't really enjoy it more, though - there's something cathartic about the lighting, the ash flicking, etc, of actual cigarettes.

If real cigarettes fall out of fashion and everybody's smoking e-cigs in the next ten years, that's cool, they are less harmful than vaporizing plant matter, but still harmful.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Using an e-cig/vaporizer can become habit forming itself, it's the repetition and making it a regular part of your daily rituals. Here's a good article regarding potential health concerns, though IMO still much preferable than actual cigarettes:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/09/25/e-cigarettes-the-side-effects-nobody-talks-about.html

• Well, vaping got me to quit smoking Camel cigarettes. I've got an IPV mini that uses and 18650 battery and a nautilis mini tan with a flavor called gns desert ship. I love it :)
  • I play with an Atlantis most of the day

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited March 2015
    I'm running a kanger aerotank2 (variable airflow) with a vision spinner 2 (1600mAh) battery and 1-1.5ohm dual coils set on 3.3-3.8v. Also got some great liquid made locally and all in all, it only cost about $70 to get it all going.

Eta: it's a nicotine-free tobacco flavor-blend liquid. Quite nice actually.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    I switch from 24-18mg nicotine, depending. I have a few 0's I vape just to relax with.

• edited March 2015
    I've got an iTaste MVP box that I'm extremely happy with, that I use Kanger T3S and EVOD cartridges in. With a myriad of tasty flavours. Right now my two favorite are "Lady in Red" from Totally Vaped Out and Tesla from High Voltage that has caffeine in it. I'm pretty sure that last one is actually just crack. Everything is at 6mg (I started at 18mg) right now.

Edit: As far as "mint" goes, I tend to look for things that say something about be Ice because that tends to have that methol chilling effect in the back of the throat. If I can remember a brand name I'll post it.

• This is my current box. I like it. Right now its a caramel flavor in the tank. 

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited March 2015
    I'm just using a cheap pen right now (although Kaie has been trying to persuade me to get the set-up he has). At this moment I'm vaping a flavour called "Dirty Girl Scout." It's as amazing as its name: Mint/menthol with chocolate like a thin mint cookie). Yum.
  • Ya, @Deladan, that's the same one I have. I'll probably upgrade to a dripper box at some point but this works great for now. Battery time is fantastic.

• @VerruchtI get like 2+ days off mine. Can't complain, helluva upgrade from every pen type I've ever had. 

• Yeah, depending on use I get 2-5 days. @Deladan

• ElazarElazar NC/Mhaldor
    Those of you that like the MVP, check out the eleaf,  basically the same minus a fewsilly features. Only 30-40$ w 3 day battery and likehalf the size. Mvp is so bulky.

http://www.eleafus.com/
  • @Elazar - Ya, it is pretty bulky, but... I can also charge my phone off of it if I want to, which is a pretty handy little feature.  That being said, I actually don't tend to take my MVP out with me, except for long trips.

However, thanks for the tip. I might look at it if I need to replace this one.

@Verrucht yeah thats something the eleaf doesnt have. They just came out with a 30w version so you can subohm with it (drip tank)
  • @Elazar - Yeah, that's my next stop, a drip tank. But I'm going to wait until this dies.

• I was thinking of picking up one of these kits here - http://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kit/aspire-kit166.html - on recommendation from a friend. Anyone have experience with these types?

• Trey said:
    I was thinking of picking up one of these kits here - http://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kit/aspire-kit166.html - on recommendation from a friend. Anyone have experience with these types?
    I haven't, but personally I am not a fan of the idea of the kind that you have to screw into the charger - because that means you cannot vape while it is charging.

• Did some reading, is the only difference the ability to vape while it's charging?

• Pretty much, you can look around for other passthru models from other makers and all, but most people who vape a lot prefer a passthru. I've even had some that vape better while plugged in via the passthru

• Second question - is there an e-liquid that any of you have personally tried that tastes like the old Djarum Blacks?

No but order some Milk and Honey by Cosmic Fog. Literally tastes as it is named.  It is my daily vap for months now.
  • My local vape shop has homemade djarum specials as well as a fun selection of mixed drinks made with top shelf alcohol. Vaping mohito at work while I type this. I mostly use an atlantis tank on a sigelli box while I'm here, and a mutant dripper at home. I'm flirting with the jump from 100w to 180 or higher for cloud blowing purposes, though. I like to be a dragon :/

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    Just quit! Spend the money one something worth having, like Achaea Credits. >:)
  • Athelas said:
    Just quit! Spend the money one something worth having, like Achaea Credits. >:)

• OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    Elazar said:
    No but order some Milk and Honey by Cosmic Fog. Literally tastes as it is named.  It is my daily vap for months now.
    I wonder if it tastes as nice as my hand wash smells. I am addicted to the smell of a milk and honey hand wash I get. And want to eat.

• Marlboro Reds/Special Blends mostly...  although I thought I recently had was that if I took all the money I spent on fags, and then spent it on credits instead, I would have... rather a lot of credits in a short period of time...

Also, I tried e-cigs for a while. The problem was that it made me worse about smoking, since I basically quickly got used to being always smoking all the time, which is expensive. Also, turns out nicotine is a stimulant, so whilst reading in bed is a relaxing thing to do before going to sleep, reading and smoking an e-cig is a good way to stay up all night so that the next day I'm in class twitching, running on pure nicotine, caffeine, and rage.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited March 2015
    I'm looking at gettting a sub-ohm tank for that dripper hit with the convenience of having a tank. also, Multon, try a lower nicotine level with a tobacco blend flavor. I used to smoke marlboro reds and I was hitting the vapr almost constantly. When I found the right flavor, it really was much easier to control myself.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.